ADVERTISEMENT

02/02/17 Scoreboard

KVonn Cramer with a possible exclamation point. Mount leads 55-35 heading to the fourth.

Side note: He's adding some pieces to his offensive game, had a sweet jump hook and showed a bit of a turnaround J (didn't go in, but drew a foul) at Hodgson Tuesday night.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Mount 76, Newark 51, Final. Statement made. Only thing standing between MP and another Flight A title in my eyes is Penn on Tuesday.

Tatnall isn't competing for a state title, but they're a tournament team, so I think lousy's kinda overstated. It's more so Sanford has Davis and not much else.

They beat a 9-5 Wilmington Friends team that beat Sanford and hung with Mount. That's probably their best win.

They lost to AI and Sallies by 6 points each. Sanford beat them by 20 in the first matchup. They've really only lost one game they should have won.

Tatnall is heading towards a 12-8 season and a state tournament bid. How does that fit with "lousy"?

Sanford is having trouble finishing games- I pointed that out in the St. E. game, the Sallies game, the first Friends game, and now this one. That doesn't mean Tatnall is lousy.

Reactions: Patcomic and jvm3
They beat a 9-5 Wilmington Friends team that beat Sanford and hung with Mount. That's probably their best win.

They lost to AI and Sallies by 6 points each. Sanford beat them by 20 in the first matchup. They've really only lost one game they should have won.

Tatnall is heading towards a 12-8 season and a state tournament bid. How does that fit with "lousy"?

Sanford is having trouble finishing games- I pointed that out in the St. E. game, the Sallies game, the first Friends game, and now this one. That doesn't mean Tatnall is lousy.
Who has Friends beat besides Sanford, who is barely .500 themselves? Would "average" be more to your liking? Sorry, not buying Tatnall as being a viable team.

Sanford is 9-2 against in-state opponents, and 2-0 against publics in the top 10. I know your bias, but you're dismissing their overall record at your peril. They are not dominant but Smyrna and Glasgow couldn't solve them, Sallies couldn't solve them, and their two in-state losses they gave away late in the fourth. The Hodgson game will be interesting but what coach will be thrilled to see Sanford as their tournament matchup?

Friends has mostly played private schools. They lost to AI by 10 and Mount by 13 in a game that was very close until the last couple of minutes.

There is a lot of parity in the state. Tatnall and Friends will be in the tournament and won't be easy outs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT