ADVERTISEMENT

1 month remains.... Reg Season coming to a close....

EducatedEye

D1A Prospect
Jan 22, 2004
Still a lot to sort out....

Who's #1?

How bout those News Journal rankings?

There's going to be a real fight to get into the State tournament for a good amount of teams!

Is this a 1 vs 2 collision course or is their someone that can/will knock off the favorites?

*Board has been kind of dry, throwing something out there to get a convo going

Who's #1?

There's going to be a real fight to get into the State tournament for a good amount of teams!

Is this a 1 vs 2 collision course or is their someone that can/will knock off the favorites?

Who is number 1..lol. No brainer... Dover 2.. I must say not impressed at Stan at all anymore... The only reason Dover will have a shot is because of Stan coaching... He should easily win back to back titles with the team he has right now.. Dover should not be no threat at all.. Triangle and 2 on Dover guards and 3 bigs protecting rim .. Easy win.. But don't understand why Stan not starting Harris.. He did at Slam Dunk To The Beach and they was unstoppable.. Strange to me..

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Who is number 1..lol. No brainer... Dover 2.. I must say not impressed at Stan at all anymore... The only reason Dover will have a shot is because of Stan coaching... He should easily win back to back titles with the team he has right now.. Dover should not be no threat at all.. Triangle and 2 on Dover guards and 3 bigs protecting rim .. Easy win.. But don't understand why Stan not starting Harris.. He did at Slam Dunk To The Beach and they was unstoppable.. Strange to me..

Did against Salesianum also, and they looked PRETTY GOOD...

Sussex Tech will make a run, they have been rolling and they get arguably their best player Kane back Saturday vs WP

Reactions: J12

Who's #1?

The biggest surprise to me in The News Journal Rankings was no Hassan Perkins (Sanford), I had been seeing him in most rankings up very high then they don't even have him in their Top 25 but Corey Perkins (Sanford) popped in at #12...not saying I agree/disagree but that was what stood out the most to me. I didn't see the Demby kid from Christiana in there neither, I have yet to see him play but have heard good things about him.

There will definitely be limited spots this year...Delmarva Christian (10-1) & St. Andrew's (6-2) could possibly steal a couple of those spots.

Sanford & Dover are clearly the best 2 teams in the state at this point & I would like to see them in the Chip but who knows...especially w/ the point system and the way the seedings could fall. As long as both land in the top 3 then that could definitely be a Chip matchup.

Who's #1?

Reactions: Patcomic

Sanford’s Devin Harris is the most underrated player that I have seen this year but it seems like he doesn’t get many opportunities at Sanford. He would start & be an All Conference/Top 25 player caliber player on any other team. When he starts Davis can play the 2 & Sanford is HUGE w/ 4 players in the starting lineup 6’7 or better. I think Stan is committed to playing the Perkins’ boys in the backcourt though & that leaves Harris as the odd man out.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Who is your top 10 educated eye? Your knowledgeable and I respect your opinion.

Of guys ive actually seen...

Hyland
Jyare Davis
Nnanna Njoku
Fahmir Ali
Mark Bradshaw
Eden Davis
Elijah Allen
Shaft Clark
Justin Money
Hassan Perkins
Kareem Ewell
Jah'keish Demby

Sanford’s Devin Harris is the most underrated player that I have seen this year but it seems like he doesn’t get many opportunities at Sanford. He would start & be an All Conference/Top 25 player caliber player on any other team. When he starts Davis can play the 2 & Sanford is HUGE w/ 4 players in the starting lineup 6’7 or better. I think Stan is committed to playing the Perkins’ boys in the backcourt though & that leaves Harris as the odd man out.

6'9" and very athletic

As far as teams go, I see these 8 teams in the quarters:
Sanford
Dover
Glasgow
St George
Sallies
Mount
Caravel
CR

Cinderellas
Concord
Newark Charter
Wm Penn

Reactions: Patcomic
That's big advantage for Dover.. Perkins boys can't do nothing with Davis and Allen .. Dover guards eat them alive..

That Team of Mystery (Wm Penn) made it 4 straight tonight easily beating Newark 54-40.

Big test Saturday against Tech at home.

Should we be calling Concord a team of mystery too?...they have wins over Middletown, Newark Charter & William Penn, a respectable 3-point loss to Dover but also have a loss to Tatnall & now Hodgson tonight.

Newark has talent, but they clearly dodged a bullet with Bones laboring and eventually leaving last Saturday's game. That casket tight Penn defense was at it again last night, if they can get ANY kind of offensive consistency, they'll be a scary match-up for anyone in the tournament.

Appo looking like a top 10 team?

Losses to contenders Caravel, St. George's, Salesianum and CR consecutively then turn around and win 7 straight.

Last edited:
Appo has a big game Saturday against Mt P, I guess we will find out if they are truly a top 10 team. I will also say that if Mt P plays Appo like they played McKean they will lose.

Appo has a big game Saturday against Mt P, I guess we will find out if they are truly a top 10 team. I will also say that if Mt P plays Appo like they played McKean they will lose.
If Appo shoots 75%, banking 3's from the top of the key like McKean did, then good for them..

If McKean was making shots like that, Mount would've just had to tip their hats if that ended up being an L. As we've seen, nobody in Delaware shoots like that on a regular basis.

Before you get crazy about Appo, their last 7 wins are against teams with a combined record of 39-51 (only 2 with .500 or better record). Their 4 losses are against teams with a combined 34-17 record (all .630 or better). They are beating teams they SHOULD beat. Against better competition they are in trouble

Before you get crazy about Appo, their last 7 wins are against teams with a combined record of 39-51 (only 2 with .500 or better record). Their 4 losses are against teams with a combined 34-17 record (all .630 or better). They are beating teams they SHOULD beat. Against better competition they are in trouble

Outside of Dover, everyone's schedule is very similar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT