ADVERTISEMENT

Delcastle invitational

Longagoplayer

In the weight room getting big
Jun 16, 2021
Pretty good weekend for wrestling. 120 did not disappoint. Lucian came away with the win but his semi final match with Andrews was very competitive and close. I think Stratton will take the title at states though. Spennato at 106 gets the victory and #1 ranked Catania gets upset in the semis by Donato should have a shakeup amin the rankings. Milligan with the upset at 113 being down i believe jt was 7-3 and pulls off the pin to knock off Kubler. Definitely will be exciting when states rolls around. Copes looked fantastic and whether he wrestles 126 or 132 he is the favorite for sure. If Copes stays at 132 Mundy is going to be a tough out. He wrestled very well the past two weekends and excited to see how he fairs against St. Marks and Central wrestlers. Elliot looked like a beast and deserves his #1 ranking. 150 bracket got busted but Durham from milford is a tough competitor. Roy looked good at 157 and had a pretty controlling win over Pierce for the title. The inevitable match up with Ranuato should be fireworks. Norris at 165 wrestled the way he always does and got the win over a tough McCormac. Close until a last second takedown sealed it for Norris. Norris and Ebaugh should be a good one as long as no one throws a punch. 175 a very methodical and efficient championship for Donnelly. Didn't make any mistakes and came away with the victory. 190 #1 vs #2 Moaney gets the major over Wilson. Moaney was able to grind Wilson down and use his strength to keep him down. Moaney did have a relatively close match against Curry in the semis. 215 Frank Miller just keeps winning. A pin of Rhoades just showing how dominant Miller is at the weight. 285 DeNigris wins a typical HWT match over Torres. A lot of banging and pummeling with a takedown that pretty much secured the match. If a 3rd meeting happens this year who knows what could happen. If everything keeps the way it is DeNigris should have the 1 seed. Torres and Baynard of Laurel should meet this weekend at the Spartan duals and will probably set the #2 and #3 seeds

And my mistake I forgot Radecki at 138...he absolutely crushed and looked great all weekend. Will definitely be tough denying him for state championship #4 this year

Pretty good weekend for wrestling. 120 did not disappoint. Lucian came away with the win but his semi final match with Andrews was very competitive and close. I think Stratton will take the title at states though. Spennato at 106 gets the victory and #1 ranked Catania gets upset in the semis by Donato should have a shakeup amin the rankings. Milligan with the upset at 113 being down i believe jt was 7-3 and pulls off the pin to knock off Kubler. Definitely will be exciting when states rolls around. Copes looked fantastic and whether he wrestles 126 or 132 he is the favorite for sure. If Copes stays at 132 Mundy is going to be a tough out. He wrestled very well the past two weekends and excited to see how he fairs against St. Marks and Central wrestlers. Elliot looked like a beast and deserves his #1 ranking. 150 bracket got busted but Durham from milford is a tough competitor. Roy looked good at 157 and had a pretty controlling win over Pierce for the title. The inevitable match up with Ranuato should be fireworks. Norris at 165 wrestled the way he always does and got the win over a tough McCormac. Close until a last second takedown sealed it for Norris. Norris and Ebaugh should be a good one as long as no one throws a punch. 175 a very methodical and efficient championship for Donnelly. Didn't make any mistakes and came away with the victory. 190 #1 vs #2 Moaney gets the major over Wilson. Moaney was able to grind Wilson down and use his strength to keep him down. Moaney did have a relatively close match against Curry in the semis. 215 Frank Miller just keeps winning. A pin of Rhoades just showing how dominant Miller is at the weight. 285 DeNigris wins a typical HWT match over Torres. A lot of banging and pummeling with a takedown that pretty much secured the match. If a 3rd meeting happens this year who knows what could happen. If everything keeps the way it is DeNigris should have the 1 seed. Torres and Baynard of Laurel should meet this weekend at the Spartan duals and will probably set the #2 and #3 seeds
Id like to add onto 113 a little too, the semis match between Kubler and Carter Davis from sals was extremely close as well. Kubler won of a last second reversal. i think 113 might be a little tougher then at first glance. 120 looks like the toughest this year, id say even though andrews has loses to all top 3 he is very dangerous. I think as of now, 106 is between the cape boy and spennato, but i wouldn't count out cliff or any other ranked kid out just yet.

Reactions: Dewrestling123
Id like to add onto 113 a little too, the semis match between Kubler and Carter Davis from sals was extremely close as well. Kubler won of a last second reversal. i think 113 might be a little tougher then at first glance. 120 looks like the toughest this year, id say even though andrews has loses to all top 3 he is very dangerous. I think as of now, 106 is between the cape boy and spennato, but i wouldn't count out cliff or any other ranked kid out just yet.
I agree 106 is going to be close and come tournament time one good run from the top 6 could have a completely different look then it does now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT