ADVERTISEMENT

1st round Games/scores

William Penn beats Delmar 58-38 (no surprise there) & will play Glasgow in the 2nd Round.

Nobody actually thought a Henlopen South team would win tonight did they...
They were all on the road as lower seeds so technically they weren’t supposed to. I thought Lake had the best matchup to pull it off vs Christiana but man Woodbridge hung tough against Mount.

I think the comment was more of the fact that many thought other teams like Cape & Smyrna may have deserved a spot ahead of teams like Delmar & Delmarva Christian (who is not actually in the Henlopen South).

I agree Smyrna and Cape should of made it over other teams. I was just messing about them not winning though. I would of been excited to see Dover and Lake play again.

Mount Woodbridge. Not the prettiest. But a win is a win. Ali drive the length of the court. Ball off glass and rim. Cleanup duty for the win.

Reactions: J12
St. Mark's knocks off Middletown 43-32 in OT.

(I didn't make it to Christiana because my job held me late. I need a new one.)
Lake-Christiana was a wild, exciting,and somewhat sloppy game. The pace was 100 miles an hour from start to finish. Both teams had many chances to put the other away but couldn’t do it. It was literally a one point game back and for the whole time. Was tied with about a minute left. Give CHS credit though - they made their free throws at the end and Lake didn’t. CHS scored the last 10 points - probably 8 of them in the last 30seconds - to win it. Props to the crowd - about 80% of a full house and they were loud and into the game all night. Best crowd I’ve seen upstate in a few years.

Woodbridge coach did a very nice job tonight. Coached his team well. Made proper in game adjustments. Gave his boys a very good opportunity to pull off the long trip road win.
I kept telling people that game would be close this time..... the only game I was wrong about was lake

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT