ADVERTISEMENT

1st Round Games

laxdeusa

moving up to Varsity
Apr 12, 2008
Any scores or highlights? My guess is that at least 2 and maybe three of the games had a running clock.

I guess the first Delmar CR game may be one of the biggest upsets ever in Delaware lacrosse. Any other scores?

Biggest upsets in DE lacrosse? Really?No.11 beating No. 6 in the regular season doesn't seem like much of an upset, Delmar beat them sure, and to give them their props, they're a great team considering how few of them there are. They played hard from the start and played like they had nothing to lose. But they didn't play the same CR team that they played tonight (the team that beat the No.2 & 3 seeds in the regular season and won the Conference Championship in the process) and the final score reflected that.

This post was edited on 5/15 11:41 PM by bootsindad

A Henlopen team guaranteed to be in the final - CR v Polytech, Dover v Cape on the non-Sallies side of the bracket.

@ bootsin, so lets say cape were to make it to the finals against sallies and win. That wouldn't a big upset because cape is ranked 2? I don't think that in a state like delaware you can look at rankings as much as you can in other states. I think you have to look at what the teams have talent wise and the numbers that they have to draw from to put together their team. Biggest in DE history? Maybe not but certainly up there. Congrats Delmar on a great season.

Yes, I do consider the Delmar win over CR if not the biggest upset I can remember then at least one of the biggest ever. CR has been one of the power teams in Delaware for many years. In a group of 5 or 6 teams with a strong tradition and strong coaching and always near the top at the end of the season. I believe there is a large gap in total team talent between the tier one teams in Delaware and the tier two teams. (I would put Sallies in a tier by themselves above the tier one teams.) Tier one teams like CR with substantial advantages in depth and talent (in relation to a team like Delmar) should and do beat teams like Delmar by 10 goals on a regular basis. If a team like CR had a bad night against Delmar I would still expect CR to win by 4 or 5 goals. A tier one team losing to a non tier one team has been an extremely rare occurance.

Sorry about the seemingly errant post. Hello everyone. I am a fan of lax in general and really in de and recently found this forum. Just like to talk lax. Thanks for having me. I thought this was a good game. Smyrna tried to make it a game against a good Tower Hill team.

This post was edited on 5/16 11:48 AM by Lowerlaxde

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT