ADVERTISEMENT

1st round Playoff Predictions?

midstatesports

Towel boy
Feb 27, 2017
Glasgow Vs. Newark Charter: Glasgow will win just to athletic and big for Newark Charter who had a really week schedule.
ST. Es Vs Newark: St. Es will win to me, to much talent compared to Newark, newark doesn't have great team this year but this game could be interesting.
Caesar Rodney Vs Appo: CR will win, way more talented than Appo blew them out in regular season, could be one of my sleeper teams and could possibly upset Penn in 2nd round.
Lake Forest Vs. Christiana: Lake Forest will win, Christiana is horrible can't see Lake loosing.
Dover Vs. Friends: Dover will win way to athletic and fast for Friends, could also upset Sallies.
Red Lion Vs. St.Marks: St. Marks, one of the best matchups in 1st round just think St. Marks defense will hurt Red Lion but could go both ways.
Woodbridge VS. Indian River: Woodbridge, IR is horrible.
Mount Vs. STM: would be good game but Mount Experience will win the game.

THANK YOU. Let's get back to talking about basketball please!

I think your picks are pretty solid. The one pick I question is Dover over Friends. I saw Dover lose at Newark on Wednesday. Wasn't impressed by either one of those teams. But I don't know anything about Friends other than what their schedule says - for the most part they beat lousy teams and lose to the decent ones. Makes this game a coin toss for me.

Last edited:
We will see! Lake is my sleeper in the tourney, can’t see them winning it all but I can see them making it to the bob

St. Elizabeth over Newark (St. E's upsets St. G if defends Bones well)

St. Marks over Red Lion (Sanford over St. Marks)

Mt. Pleasant over St. Thomas (Mt. Pleasant upsets Sussex Tech)

Lake over Christiana (Caravel and Lake toss up...going with Hoskins & Lake)

CR over Appo (CR upsets William Penn)

Woodbridge over Indian River (Smyrna over Woodbridge again)

Dover over Wilmington Friends (Dover upsets Sallies in OT)

Glasgow over Newark Charter (Glasgow upsets Cape if they defend Robertson well and Rickards is not playing)

Glasgow Vs. Newark Charter: Glasgow will win just to athletic and big for Newark Charter who had a really week schedule.
ST. Es Vs Newark: St. Es will win to me, to much talent compared to Newark, newark doesn't have great team this year but this game could be interesting.
Caesar Rodney Vs Appo: CR will win, way more talented than Appo blew them out in regular season, could be one of my sleeper teams and could possibly upset Penn in 2nd round.
Lake Forest Vs. Christiana: Lake Forest will win, Christiana is horrible can't see Lake loosing.
Dover Vs. Friends: Dover will win way to athletic and fast for Friends, could also upset Sallies.
Red Lion Vs. St.Marks: St. Marks, one of the best matchups in 1st round just think St. Marks defense will hurt Red Lion but could go both ways.
Woodbridge VS. Indian River: Woodbridge, IR is horrible.
Mount Vs. STM: would be good game but Mount Experience will win the game.

Didn't IR sweep Woodbridge in the regular season?

I
St. Elizabeth over Newark (St. E's upsets St. G if defends Bones well)

St. Marks over Red Lion (Sanford over St. Marks)

Mt. Pleasant over St. Thomas (Mt. Pleasant upsets Sussex Tech)

Lake over Christiana (Caravel and Lake toss up...going with Hoskins & Lake)

CR over Appo (CR upsets William Penn)

Woodbridge over Indian River (Smyrna over Woodbridge again)

Dover over Wilmington Friends (Dover upsets Sallies in OT)

Glasgow over Newark Charter (Glasgow upsets Cape if they defend Robertson well and Rickards is not playing)
Robertson and Chandler be enough to handle Glasgow easily please.. Give Cape a little respect..Glasgow nowhere like that...smh

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
THANK YOU. Let's get back to talking about basketball please!

I think your picks are pretty solid. The one pick I question is Dover over Friends. I saw Dover lose at Newark on Wednesday. Wasn't impressed by either one of those teams. But I don't know anything about Friends other than what their schedule says - for the most part they beat lousy teams and lose to the decent ones. Makes this game a coin toss for me.
I got a Chick-fil-A sandwich at this game on Dover & I love gambling!!!

Thought about this earlier today - this is probably the last time Christiana, Glasgow and Newark are ALL in the tournament together. Up until about 15 years ago, that was a foregone conclusion. Times have changed.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Thought about this earlier today - this is probably the last time Christiana, Glasgow and Newark are ALL in the tournament together. Up until about 15 years ago, that was a foregone conclusion. Times have changed.

Wow. Hadn't thought of that. Times have changed.

I think...
Newark Charter takes down Glasgow (Winner loses to Cape)
Newark gives St E's a run but St E's holds on (I think winner beats St. Georges)
CR beats Appo (WM Penn beats CR)
Lake destroys Christiana (Lake if they show up beats Caravel but think travel costs them)
Dover beats Friends (Dover gives Sallies a run, think Sallies is too disciplined and wins)
St Marks upsets Red Lion (Sanford dominates St. Marks)
Woodbridges breaks the split and defeats IR (Smyrna handles Woodbridge once again)
Mount beats STMA in OT. (Sussex Tech over guards Mount and wins)

I think that St. Marks will handle Red Lion and with their defense they can hold Sanford to high 30s but not sure how well they will be able to score on Sanford, can possibly be a very close game.

In the quarters I have Cape over St.Gs
Penn over Lake
Sanford Over Sallies
Tech over Smyrna

Then Cape over Penn
Tech over Sanford

Tech ove Cape for the chip

In the quarters I have Cape over St.Gs
Penn over Lake
Sanford Over Sallies
Tech over Smyrna

Then Cape over Penn
Tech over Sanford

Tech ove Cape for the chip
I've noticed it says KaneTrain at the bottom of your writing. I'm pretty sure there is a Kane on Sussex Tech. I understand why you have Tech winning

Reactions: Sharrone
Yea, I’m the oldest lol I’ve been high on Tech all year I really think they have a shot, especially if they can knock Smyrna off which will be a tough task! Their only loses to Cape and Smyrna beat WP, Sallies....if they knock Smyrna off I think they will be there. With that being said I also feel like they have the toughest road to the chip. Mount isn’t gonna lay down, of course Smyrna, then Sanford....Tough!!

Reactions: jvm3
Yea, I’m the oldest lol I’ve been high on Tech all year I really think they have a shot, especially if they can knock Smyrna off which will be a tough task! Their only loses to Cape and Smyrna beat WP, Sallies....if they knock Smyrna off I think they will be there. With that being said I also feel like they have the toughest road to the chip. Mount isn’t gonna lay down, of course Smyrna, then Sanford....Tough!!
I wouldn't make any assumptions about Sanford making it to the semis tho...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT