ADVERTISEMENT

2011 predictions?

ai played tatnall in a scrimmage this weekend and two of their top shooters took open shots back to back and roped them in the top, needless to say they got ruckused

Every year I look on these predictions and see the crappy wanna be public schools talk themselves up... Ai blows... there getting better but arnt good enough to care about.... mount plays an awful schedule with no room to talk they cant even beat bwine and mckean plays the same weak schedule as mount and got blown out by them which is embarrassing.... im just clarifying because theres only 2-3 public schools that deserve respect none of these teams mentioned being them

So what 2-3 schools are the only public schools that deserve respect? How many public schools made the tournament last year?

cr, and charter, and cape before you make your argument, actually try and find the statistics behind what your saying, im pretty sure that if you look up the past 5 to 10 years on how the public schools have done next to the rest of the schools im pretty sure youll find out that lacrosse is clearly dominated by private schools

Those kids at the public schools haven't had the benefits or resources the private school kids have. It's too bad the inner city kids haven't picked up on lax yet. The day that happens the private schools will be looking up at the public schools because the game will get a lot faster and way more athletic.
Every one of the kids that play at the McKeans, DMA, Concords, AI, and the rest of the public schools deserve respect. They work as hard as any of the private school players. They just don't have mommy and daddy's money to send them to camps, clinics, and tournament trips to Colorado and other places.

it's not as much of a money issue as you're making it out to be HDST, most school programs will lend gear to kids for the summer. Summer Leagues cost next to nothing and if a kid has a need organizers will help them. Nobody wants kids not to play. They'll need $ to go to the top camps, but, HS coaches with contacts will get kids with a need in camps, if they can play. It really comes down to desire, if a kid really wants to play all Fall and Summer, they can.

$$$$$=access to opportunity. It is no accident that the DI ranks are stacked with kids from backgrounds with greater financial support. Personal trainers, gym memberships, tutors, elite travel teams. Free camps? Where?

ok this is just getting ridciulous. lets not turn this into class warfare. money does not buy effort, pride, and the desire to succeed. Dont say that the KIDS on the Sallies, TH, tatnall,etc rosters havent worked hard for everything they have gotten. Ive read many times how the Powell brothers came from a very humble background, their dad had to sell a shotgun to buy them sticks. they taught themselves how to play int he backyard. Your parents dont need to make a 7 figure salary for you to get on a wall, hit the school gym, etc. Those expensive travel teams are usually just a money grab anyway. In my opinion the whole money arguement is used as a crutch and discredits the hard work of the players and coaching staffs of the private schools.

No shot taken at any high school program, or mention of effort. Access=advantages. CPowell left Carthage in 1994, times have changed. Would Syracuse have found Powell (s) had he/they lived in Goltz MD? How many potentially great players go un-noticed every year? If you don't go to the best camps or tournmanets you have less access to college coaches. If you can't afford the $300 high light film you have less exposure to provide. A kid with money that doesn't work hard can't play and doesn't get recruited. A kid who works hard and can play (who lacks money) has a more difficult time being seen.

No one ever said the private school kids don't train, or have a will to succeed or have the same pride as anyone else. I am sure they do, but if you think economics has nothing to do with why lax is dominated by private schools, especially in this area, you are misleading yourself. One basketball costs around $35, ten kids can play with that basketball at many playgrounds in the city. One lacrosse stick costs at least $150 and you need a big grass field to play the game. It is the same with football, all you need is a ball.
Those expensive travel teams are the way college coaches see kids. I don't remember ever sseeing any coaches at any of the Charter games, but when my son played for the Silverbacks, and a TDLax from Baltimore, there were college coaches everywhere.
This post was edited on 3/14 1:13 PM by Zboysdad

It also has to do when the players were introduced to the game of lacrosse, along with money. You take the top 25 players from Sallies and Dover, and see how many played lacrosse before getting to high school. I'm gonna say Sallies close to 70%, Dover closer to 40%. Dover had 10+ wins last year, and to say they "don't deserve respect" is stupid. And no I'm not a Dover fan, but there is a reason Healy teaches at Dover and coaches at Sallies!

"Tarzan79
Mascot
Post #7
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: 2011 predictions? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what 2-3 schools are the only public schools that deserve respect? How many public schools made the tournament last year?

Posted on 3/13 6:33 PM | IP: 75.206.208.67"

I may be readiing it wrong, but aren't you the one that says they don't deserve respect?

"im just clarifying because theres only 2-3 public schools that deserve respect none of these teams mentioned being them" - firststatelax1 posted

I wanted to know what he thought... yeah Cape, Charter, and CR are the best but more than them deserve respect. Concord has made the playoffs how many years in a row? They don't deserve repect either, huh?

Sorry, I wasn't sure. Every team out there deserves respect. They all practice,sweat, and give what they have, both public and private.
This post was edited on 3/14 1:10 PM by Zboysdad

there are 2, maybe 3, tiers of delaware lacrosse right now, that fact is undeniable. this is not an insult to anyone by any means, please dont take this wrong. just my opinion.

tier 1 are the usual and historic contenders: Sallies, Archmere, Cape, Tower, Tatnall, Charter, CR, usually st. mark's and brandywine, friends, st. andrew's,

then we have tier 2: AI, DMA, mckean, mount, concord, middletown, dover, polytech, sussex, william penn, concord.

---a lot of these teams have a history of lacrosse, some are former powerhouses thta just have declined in recent years.

then tier 3 is mostly diamond state teams or those who werent mentioned. ill separate them from tier 2 because tier 2 certainly beats them consistently.

none of this is meant to insult those not included in tier 1. its absolutely great that lower tier schools are striving to compete recently. last year, polytech was no pushover, they showed up in the playoffs and lost respectably and their coach has the ability to keep the program growing. all of these teams have the occasional talent that just needs a better support system. there is no reason to bash lower teams for wanting to be competitive, thats how our sport is growing.

if i left any school out of a tier they belong in, then its just a mistake.

that all being said, i think the top four in no order are clearly sallies, cape, archmere, and TH.

Archmere lost a heck of a goalie are you sure they can keep up the level of play they did last year? Just kidding, I know they had a lot coming back, but they did lose a great goalie.
You did not disrespect any team in your post. It is what it is and hopefully all teams can get to that tier 1 because Lax in De benefits from it.
The sad part is when people come on here trashing programs and claiming there are only a couple of good teams besides the privates.

Its hard to agrue against the private schools...other then cape what is the last public to win it all...I'm to lazy to actually look...public schools are improving but its just hard for them to compete against teams that draw better talent from youth leagues.

"appoquinimink is gonna be good this year watch out for them"

"appo is terrible"

"Mckean destroyed newark and appo and lost by a goal or two against hodgson and MT PLSNT, Mckean per lax power had a top 3 in the state defense all year long"

Saw a result - Appo 11 vs McKean 10

Hello 2011 season!

McKean must have played their JV against Appo, thinking with that D all they had to do was score once. Oops!
This post was edited on 3/23 8:24 AM by axnq92

to lax pro 85 thats why appo was killing mckean 10-4 until they put their jv in. and appo still beat them 11-10. regardless everyone that wants to say something about appo, then go and say mckean is a top team this year is an idiot. appo handed it to mckean

Delmar will struggle this year, but look for them to make a move into that Tier 2 group next year and defintely the year after. Delmar's JV team will be good this year and their best players on varsity are 9th and 10th graders. If you get to see Delmar play this year, check out the JV. Many of the players coming up have been playing since elementary school and play together in the summer. This year will be rough for the varsity, but look out in 2012 and 2013.

Here's a prediction. The Kilpatrick kid destroys the person who is posting this stuff uner his name.

I think that bwine will take flight A conferance this year they play charter this staurday night and if they play like they should they could most definetly beat them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT