ADVERTISEMENT

laxkeep98

Towel boy
Jan 16, 2011
So what's it looking like this year? My guess is that it'll be sallies archmere tower hill/friends in that order. Honestly things could go either way though because every team lost a lot. Sallies returns a talented midfield but they lost their 3 poles and 2 attackmen. Archmere lost Thomson on attack, a couple of middies and 2 of their poles. Tower hill lost Robino, who I considered the most talented player in the state last year, but they get back an experienced D along with petit and Meade. Friends seems to have kept a lot so I'd look for them to have a strong year. All of their sophomores from last year are now loaded with experience so keep your eye on them. Cape is a real wild card. They lost a lot but you never know whos waiting to step up. Cr has a handful of talented offensive players but I don't think they'll give the top 4 too much trouble.

I agree for the most part. Sallies is going to roll through the state unless a team like TH can stop them. Archmere should be decent aswell as they return 2 AAs. Cape should be strong as they always are but need to find a Goalie to replace Cook. Friends has a solid team and should rely on their Def to win games. CR will be in the middle of the pack again, but need to find pieces to reconnect their team. Other teams that should make a name for themselves other then the TOP 6 should be: Tatnall, Brandywine and Charter.

DEP72

Couldn't agree more with the exception of tatnal. They lost the few players that they had so I don't see an outstanding year in store. Either way sallies is the team to beat. Anyone know who's stepping up to fill in the holes of the top teams?

Its fun to start thinking about 2012. Its too early to sort out teams after sallies. One team that i think could have anohter great year would be archmere. I know they lost chris thompson, but revak and garrahan are back and were both unguardable at times last season. THey also bring back beatson at X so just with those 3 they should have a consistently dangerous offense. Cape is goign to be there till the end too, a lot of good young talent.

Archmeres offense should be one of the best in the state just because of garrahan, revak, and beatson as a solid role player.Who does archmere bring back on defense? I know they lost 2 starters but is there anyone there to fill the hole left? With alot of talented offenses this year such as Sallies, Cape, TH, CR, and Arch, alot of schools will need stout defenses, who are going to be the top defenseman this year?

Good question. They return joe oconnell who made all state along withone/two other starters. I remember one Of their poles missing a chunk of last season so I'm sure their other poles got plenty of experience. Top defender hands down will be Justin verratti. He was in the warrior 40 and although I've never seen him play, he seems to be the top pole out there. Sallies has a few other defenders in zack Kelly and chase Cowan. They are both excellent and will probably make all-state this year. THS has a solid D as well with stone and schreppler leading the charge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT