ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mark's vs. Archmere

oldtimer60

Mascot
Nov 22, 2021
Predictions?

This has been an entertaining match up over the last few years. Archmere graduated a lot of talent, but they looked unstoppable against St. E's. St. Mark's looked great in the first half against St. George's, but gassed out in the second half.

I think St. Mark's pulls off the "upset" and wins 21-14.

Predictions?

This has been an entertaining match up over the last few years. Archmere graduated a lot of talent, but they looked unstoppable against St. E's. St. Mark's looked great in the first half against St. George's, but gassed out in the second half.

I think St. Mark's pulls off the "upset" and wins 21-14.
Joe Wright hasn't won a game against Archmere in six tries. He doesn't have a chance this time either. 28 - 14 Archmere with the win.

If it were talent vs. talent. STM wins by 30. Not the case.
So I will go with a 2nd half no change, same old same old, for 24 minutes and take another L vs a team they should beat every year.
I believe outside of the playoff game where they got blown out, STM has had the lead in all those other games. Wonder if the guy with the head set ever played Archmere and beat them when he was Gatorade player of the year.
I wonder how far back this 0 for coaching goes back. To his playing days? Not sure.

here are the last 6 meetings, half time score and game result

2018 - StM 14 Arch 7 at half, StM 28 Arch 34 final (ot)
2019 - StM 14 Arch 3 at half, StM 20 Arch 24 final
2020 - StM 0 Arch 7 at half, StM 10 Arch 14 final
2021 - StM 7 Arch 10 at half, StM 7 Arch 10 final
2021 (playoffs) - StM 0 Arch 20 at half, StM 0 Arch 41 final (I believe the starting QB for StM was injured)
2022 - StM 14 Arch 7 at half, StM 14 Arch 28 final

StM has held the lead at halftime in 3 of the their last 6 games with Archmere and lost all six. Law of averages says this has to end at some point. The last time StM beat Archmere was at Archmere in 2017 and it was Archmere's homecoming (35-7).

2016 StM won 42-7 and 2015 StM won 16-6

Reactions: Woody_Wood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT