ADVERTISEMENT

2013 Semi Finals

laxdeusa

moving up to Varsity
Apr 12, 2008
Have they picked a venue and game starting times yet?

The Sals have scored at will this season so I think it would take a miracle for Saint Marks to keep up. In the other semi, I think Cape is the better team but they lost the OT thriller to CR a couple weeks ago and it could happen again. Whichever team executes thier game plan the best on Wednesday will face the Sals on Saturday.

CR/Cape @ Milford @ 7
Sals/St.Marks @ Tower Hill @ 6

This post was edited on 5/20 6:34 PM by bootsindad

I think that this CR team can pull together and beat Cape again. Although they may have been sloppy at times, they are full of talent and I think that this year's final could be a repeat of last years.

I think Sallies just has too much talent for anyone to stay with. I think St. Mark's will give it everything they have but it won't be enough. I'll say Sallies 18 St. Mark's 9.

Cape and CR should be a really good game again between two evenly matched teams. I think it's a coin flip but it's hard to beat a good team twice so I'll say Cape 10 CR 8.

What a strange game. Expected much more of a contest after the first CR/Cape game. It was like Cape was there for a scrimmage and CR came for a championship game. CR did everything well, while Cape seemed content to stand and watch. CR exhibited and executed a game strategy on both sides of the ball, and Cape adjusted nothing. Much of the time Cape was on offense Keen and Benson were on the sidelines. Weird. Cape should check their water jug.

Give credit where credit is due, CR came to play and Cape didn't and on any given day......
But, OK one game short, I didn't miss by much!
Still say, even in spite of losing to CR, Cape played Sallies the toughest this year!
Thanks for you note steadylaxin, Cape will be here again next year, a lot coming back!!

I believe that has been the case over the last 4-5 years, with the exception of a few larger margin victories for the Sals. Even before the recent dominance of the Sals when Cape, CR, and Tatnall were powerhouses they traded wins from year to year. Congrats to CR and personally I'd like to see a public school take home the trophy, so best of luck to CR.

Not happening this year. I predict just like last year Reeder will get 4 goals. In a Sallies romp 14-2.

Tower Hill is not even in the Semi's??? "That's absured...someone get Jeevs on the phone...I must get the bottom of this at once"...haha

Probably nice however for TH to watch Sals beat someone besides them on their field?

You're probably correct Mik. However, the Sals tend to have prom the night before the finals and could play at a level where if CR were to play their perfect game, there is a slight possibility CR could pull an upset.

CR could win the game but it would not be result of the prom. Sallies has 6 seniors who play in the rotations at least 3 will not be at the prom including the two starting middies.

If Delmar found a way to beat CR this year then certainly CR has an outside shot to beat the Sals. I don't think there is much of a chance but it could happen. If Tower Hill and Cape had not upset the Sals in a couple of recent finals the Sals would be playing for thier 7th championship in a row. The Sals averaged over 51 shots against Friends and Saint Marks and if the Sals get that many off against CR I don't see how CR will be able to keep up.

CR will win if they play perfect and Sallies plays terrible. Unfortunately for CR one of the main things that sets Sallies apart from the rest of the state (prior to the last 2 years) is their lack of unforced errors. CRs best hope is their goalie, who can be incredible. Anything can happen but its much more likely that Sallies celebrates the first three peat in state history instead of CR finally getting their 4th title.

Maybe the debate for separate state championships for public and private schools can finally quiet down after the success of public school teams in the tournament this year. When and where will the state final be played? Saturday at Caravel?

Why would the debate quiet down over public Vs Private. The only public schools that seem to do well against the private schools are the teams down south where the private schools are pretty non existent. Name one northern public school that has advanced to the finals in the past 5 years...10 years?

Here it is.
13 Sals - CR
12 Sals - CR
11 Sals - TH
10 TH - Sals
09 Sals - TH
08 Cape - Sals
07 Sals - Friends
06 Cape Tatnall
05 TH - CR
04 St. Andrews - St. Marks
03 Tatnall - TH

Yep debate over...
This post was edited on 5/24 7:01 AM by laxdude1269

The upstate public school teams have fallen off the last couple years. 4 or 5 years ago teams like Brandywine, Charter, and Middletown were competitive with most of the best teams in the state. If I remember right both Brandywine and Charter made it to the semis.

Originally posted by steadylaxin:
You're probably correct Mik. However, the Sals tend to have prom the night before the finals and could play at a level where if CR were to play their perfect game, there is a slight possibility CR could pull an upset.
I saw on twitter that the Sals are up 10-1 at the half. Prom must have been lame, not one of the normal 2 for 1 deals, ha,ha!

The only reason I brought up prom was the fact that after their 08, 10 losses in the finals there were people on here saying they weren't 100% due to prom the prior night. Which I don't know how it works with an all male school.

Steadylaxin, I'm just joking. I'm new to the game and don't know much about it. However, while I do believe having the prom the night before the championship could present problems for some teams, having seen the Sals play, I get the feeling this team could have hit all the after parties and still come out on top.

A very strong case can be made that this Salesianum squad is the best lacrosse team in state history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT