ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Baseball Season Opening WEEKEND

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Finally, high school baseball season is about to start. I see snow on the ground as i type this, but the hope is that the fields will be okay to play on Saturday. The weather forecast calls for 60 degree temps on Saturday but a 30% chance of some rain. Lets hope the baseball gods dry up the fields by saturday and keep the rain at bay.

Saturday March 22nd Games of Interest:

11 am. Archmere at Middletown.

Archmere, 13-5 in 2013, lost in the first round of the playoffs. They bring back 2013 1st team all state pitcher and U.D. commit Sean Deely as well as several starters from last season. Middletown, 10-8 in 2013, returns All State Honorable Mention Brennan McAllister and Franklin Pierce Commit, Mitch Clemons as well as many young starters from last year.

Noon. Appo at Delmar.
Appo 13-5 in 2013, lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs last season. They return All State Honorable Mention pitcher and Elon commit Josh Silvestri and 2nd team All State outfielder Julian Kurych. But Appo did lose most of its conference & State honored infield. Delmar, 12-6 in 2013, lost in the first round of the playoffs last season. Delmar lost a lot to graduation including Shupe & Trader.

Noon. Conrad at St Elizabeth.
Conrad, 13-5 in 2013, missed the playoffs two years straight by a couple of points despite a good record. They return most of the team but they have stepped up the competition in their schedule this season. St Elizabeth, 16-2 in 2013, lost in the semi finals last season to St Marks. St Elizabeth returns Del State commits Harrison & Cooney but lost a lot of seniors last year including Klusman, Taggert & Gelati.

Noon. Delmarva Christian @ Seaford
Not exactly a battle between two of the better teams in the state, but Seaford brings a 44 game losing streak into the game. Sorry Delmarva, but i would like to see Seaford put an end to this streak.

1 pm. Cape Henlopen at Caravel.
Cape Henlopen, 11-7 in 2013, just missed the playoffs in 2013. Cape loses several seniors from last year including two All Staters, Nardo & Marcinizyn. Caravel, 14-4 in 2013, lost in the Championship game last season. Caravel lost a few key players from last season, Niggebrugge, Summerfield, Funderburk and Jake Fraley. Caravel returns LIU commit Corey Hart as well as several talented starters from last year.

Other Games Saturday
Milford @ N Caroline (MD)
Mt P @ William Penn
St Peter & Paul @ St Thomas More
Howard @ Dickinson
Wilm Christian @ Woodbridge

Nice pre-game report. I hope they get the games in. Was impressed by that Kurych kid last season, look forward to seeing him this year.

Glad to see Seaford get in the win column! With no JV team in place to develop HS talent, success will be hard to come by.

Originally posted by CountianJeff:
Seaford did it. Won 14-4 in six innings and kicked the monkey off their back.
After last season (0-18), nice to see them start of with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT