ADVERTISEMENT

2017 College Commitments

2017 Alex Barker, Caravel, Harford CC
?? Thought he had football offers from some FCS schools.. no football at HCC.. why not use Seed program at del tech and walk on at UD when you transfer there(unless your from out of state).. way cheaper.. no one goes anywhere from Harford CC other than maybe Towson

Correct he had 5 offers from pretty good FCS teams. Not sure why he switched sports but either way congrats to this young man.

Always a toss up which was his better sport. No baseball for 22-months since ECA didn't field a team his JR year, but holding his own this year after losing most of football season to ankle injury.
.538 BA, .649 OBP, .769 SLG, and 1.418 OPS (thru 10 games).

Last edited:
Always a toss up which was his better sport. No baseball for 22-months since ECA didn't field a team his JR year, but holding his own this year after losing most of football season to ankle injury.
.538 BA, .649 OBP, .769 SLG, and 1.418 OPS (thru 10 games).
Many think I am an ECA hater but here you have another example of what ECA did NOT do for a kid that believed in them. They had a baseball team one year only and it was a misguided shame just like the maniac that started the school. Practicing on construction sites of all things. It is a miracle nobody was hurt.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Many think I am an ECA hater but here you have another example of what ECA did NOT do for a kid that believed in them. They had a baseball team one year only and it was a misguided shame just like the maniac that started the school. Practicing on construction sites of all things. It is a miracle nobody was hurt.

Are there any ECA lovers out there that could help explain how such conditions were good for the athletes? Anyone? Wasn't someone passionately defending them for a long time? A longtime, frequent poster on here? I'm trying to remember who.

?? Thought he had football offers from some FCS schools.. no football at HCC.. why not use Seed program at del tech and walk on at UD when you transfer there(unless your from out of state).. way cheaper.. no one goes anywhere from Harford CC other than maybe Towson

Towson or maybe MLB! Harford is a top notch program w/top notch talent...ask how it worked out for Burton and DiSab who ended up there.
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/669924
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/670118

They have a stud or two this year that may see the MLB also.

I don't know Alex but we played against him Thursday, and see a lot of potential there. Best of luck to the young man for pursuing his dream.

Last edited:
Are there any ECA lovers out there that could help explain how such conditions were good for the athletes? Anyone? Wasn't someone passionately defending them for a long time? A longtime, frequent poster on here? I'm trying to remember who.
Hard to argue with the results when they were regularly sending kids to top notch football programs like the University of Michigan, but I completely agree for any other sport (as well as academics) didn't do the kids any good

Towson or maybe MLB! Harford is a top notch program w/top notch talent...ask how it worked out for Burton and DiSab who ended up there.
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/669924
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/670118

They have a stud or two this year that may see the MLB also.

I don't know Alex but we played against him Thursday, and see a lot of potential there. Best of luck to the young man for pursuing his dream.

hmmm didnt know HCC has built that kind of baseball program... I used to play semi pro ball on campus there for many years.. The Owls were never that good.. When I moved they just built the new field so it seems they built something... wife used to play tennis for the Owls before she transferred to Towson,,, in retrospect it could be a good move for Alex.. If you remember I was on here a few years ago talking about his potential as a baseball player after watching him pitch for ECA that one year they had a baseball team...I'll have to make a Caravel game sometime to watch him play..

Last edited:

lets be factual.. obviously your talking about me.. for one nobody even cares anymore secondly I was defending Red Lion not ECA and defending what at that time I thought they were trying to do.. Which was the same as Gilman, Good Counsel and many other private schools across the country.. I defended what ECA presented to us parents and what it was supposed to be but quickly realized it was BS and got my kids out of there..and that is that Yes ECA was able to use the hype and place some kids but there are others who got nothing Its a sad saga but its over and everyone needs to move on. Not sure why Pickle Pucker and Eagle cant let go and are still so butt hurt over the situation that they cant move on but whatever..keep crying about it if that is what you chicks want to do

Last edited:
Pinto is a stud, no questions asked. Really happy to see the kid continue his athletic career down in the Sunshine State. Kids ripped touchdowns, three-pointers and homers since the moment he started at Archmere. Wouldn't be surprised if there was an art museum named after him one day

Reactions: sporttalkjim
lets be factual.. obviously your talking about me.. for one nobody even cares anymore secondly I was defending Red Lion not ECA and defending what at that time I thought they were trying to do.. Which was the same as Gilman, Good Counsel and many other private schools across the country.. I defended what ECA presented to us parents and what it was supposed to be but quickly realized it was BS and got my kids out of there..and that is that Yes ECA was able to use the hype and place some kids but there are others who got nothing Its a sad saga but its over and everyone needs to move on. Not sure why Pickle Pucker and Eagle cant let go and are still so butt hurt over the situation that they cant move on but whatever..keep crying about it if that is what you chicks want to do
After Red Lion even said enough you had a roaming around New Castle County ECA and only then Horton heard a Who. Anybody remember the ESPN and Delaware Today hype over this nonsense? I can see why somebody would want to forget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT