ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Way too early top 10

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
We were robbed of a classic Final Four and state title game possibly, and I hate it for the seniors who gave their all for four/five years and had to have their careers end this way.

As such, we must look forward to 2020-21 (if we're out of social distancing by then), so here's my early top 10

1. Conrad
2. Caravel
3. Sanford
4. St. E
5. Woodbridge
6. Archmere
7. Ursuline
8. Tatnall
9. Cape
10. Caesar Rodney

Honorable mention: Wilm. Charter, Newark Charter, St. Georges, Delcastle, Tower Hill, Dover, Lake Forest.

What about top players returning? Maybe each class or altogether each individual? The News Jounal top 30 end of the year players was off a bit. The writer excluded a player that was featured in the top 30 mid season and a top 15 in Northern Delaware as voted by the coaches. Is it mere politics or some one is out of touch with ladies basketball?

We were robbed of a classic Final Four and state title game possibly, and I hate it for the seniors who gave their all for four/five years and had to have their careers end this way.

As such, we must look forward to 2020-21 (if we're out of social distancing by then), so here's my early top 10

1. Conrad
2. Caravel
3. Sanford
4. St. E
5. Woodbridge
6. Archmere
7. Ursuline
8. Tatnall
9. Cape
10. Caesar Rodney

Honorable mention: Wilm. Charter, Newark Charter, St. Georges, Delcastle, Tower Hill, Dover, Lake Forest.
Archmere loses 4 of its starting 5, but I really like Emma Gioffre to step up next year. St. Elizabeth has a ton of seniors this year, but they never seem to fall too far.

The News Jounal top 30 end of the year players was off a bit. The writer excluded a player that was featured in the top 30 mid season and a top 15 in Northern Delaware as voted by the coaches. Is it mere politics or some one is out of touch with ladies basketball?
You have the answer to your question in there.

Nobody from Cape first team??? Who has the list..
1st team
POY: Allie Kubek, Sanford
Michelle Kozicki, Padua
Julie Kulesza, Conrad
Stefanie Kulesza, Conrad
Ber'Nyah Mayo, St. Elizabeth

2nd team
Yaa Yaa Afriyie, Polytech
Dania Cannon, Cape Henlopen
Abbey Hearn, Cape Henlopen
India Johnston, Caravel
Ja'Nylah Whittlesey, Conrad

3rd team
Cha'Kya Johnson, Woodbridge
Serena Pluta, St. Mark's
Janeira Scott, Woodbridge
Fiona Teaney, Archmere
Kanisa Tucker, Sanford

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate5
Abby Hearn 100% first team.. Out played 3 of first team players head to head and beat them.. Conrad got 3 on first and second team.. Most be all upstate voters.. Crazy..
I agree and Im from upstate. Maybe these athletic directors should have more of a mix to go up and down state with certain teams. Expand scheduling to 22-25 games and include more of a mix to really see how teams match up. Traditionally Upstate has more exposure and the powerhouse teams (Wont mention those that recruit) always dominate. Growing up the traditional way of team sports was through a feeding pattern. I witnessed a few teams this year and saw what Cape had to offer. Are they more of the traditional pattern or are they following the same as the rest of the state where you have Choice? The facility was state of the art outside of the fact the crowd (student body) wasn't so pleasant during the game.

Reactions: Art Corvelay
All of the coaches in the state have a vote, and several did not submit one. That makes a difference.

Abby Hearn 100% first team.. Out played 3 of first team players head to head and beat them.. Conrad got 3 on first and second team.. Most be all upstate voters.. Crazy..

Not sure Cape’s schedule was that challenging at all after looking it over. Very week to say the least. Padua and Conrad on the other hand played two of the toughest schedules by far and much tougher than Cape. I watched both games of Cape vs Padua & Conrad on 302 Sports. I wouldn’t say she dominated them. Her team did win but not dominating by any means. Hearn’s team also lost to a weak Woodbridge team late which didn’t help her cause. If anyone wasn’t deserving of first team it should of been the St. E’s player who missed 7 to 8 games this season.

Reactions: moneyballforme
Not sure Cape’s schedule was that challenging at all after looking it over. Very week to say the least. Padua and Conrad on the other hand played two of the toughest schedules by far and much tougher than Cape. I watched both games of Cape vs Padua & Conrad on 302 Sports. I wouldn’t say she dominated them. Her team did win but not dominating by any means. Hearn’s team also lost to a weak Woodbridge team late which didn’t help her cause. If anyone wasn’t deserving of first team it should of been the St. E’s player who missed 7 to 8 games this season.
Lol ok... Not much to talk about when you beat Cape beat both of them..

SMH, so suppose Cape beat Conrad in the State final Cape would still not be true champs because Cape had weak schedule.

Please call it like it is upstate bias and political BS!
Not upstate bias. Conrad schedule inside its conference was just about the same. Conrad wasn't challenged in their conference at all just like Cape but will contend that Cape outplayed Conrad H2H. Conrad scratched back near the end but that's when Cape slowed down a bit.

Lol ok... Not much to talk about when you beat Cape beat both of them..

Lol, So then with your rational there should be 1 or 2 of the Woodbridge players on first team all state to since they beat Cape? And while we are at it we should take a player from Ursuline and Archmere and put them on first team since they both beat Woodbridge?

Lol, So then with your rational there should be 1 or 2 of the Woodbridge players on first team all state to since they beat Cape? And while we are at it we should take a player from Ursuline and Archmere and put them on first team since they both beat Woodbridge?
Man nobody on Woodbridge close to first team ..please stop it.. 3rd team where they belong.. Go by strictly numbers.. Abby and Cannon numbers way better .. Woodbridge couldn't get out of second round.. Smh..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT