ADVERTISEMENT

2020 D1 Play-0ff picture updated 12/04 9:30pm

After last night I would say that Sallies stinks and Hodgson Is overrated or maybe they needed a wake up call (I guess losing to the Sals wasn’t enough).

Hadn’t seen Middletown until last night and they were impressive.

Smyrna and MT are the top 2 teams and then SC, and I guess Hodgson.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
** This is just an exercise for discussion, not based on current rules***

Just because for the hell of it, I am looking at the effect if they had gone to a uniform point system for this year instead of D1 and D2 points just because the effect of the point differences is stronger when dividing by 6 or 7 games instead of 10

For D1 the only change would be CR could lose to Smyrna but still have a chance to get in over HVT. With both at 5-2 it would go to bp's

CR bp's Smyrna 2 Central 1
HVT bp's MT 2 and 1 if St G beats Sals

If St G beats Sals then it would go to a tie breaker opponent wins and HVT would edge that one out..

Synopsis I like this better.. CR should not be penalized for taking one for the team so Sals could schedule some Hen North teams besides it's not like they played Delcastle, Delmar is a legitimate opponent..

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Updated.. MT, HVT in

HVT wins they are in

St G wins and HVT loses they are in

Central is in if either St G or HVT lose or if they win tiebreaker over St G

CR is in if HVT and St G lose

Sals can't there from here

*corrected*

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Actually we could end up with Central, St G and HVT at 5.0

HVT beat St G so St G can't get in over HVT

hmm ..

Last edited:
I guess it would go to opponents wins.. but St G can't jump HVT so HVT will get in if they win

Central can get bumped if both HVT and St G win and St G win opponent wins are greater than Centrals if that is a tie it goes to opponent losses.. if that is a tie it goes to fewest point given up that would go to Central hands down

going into tonight,,, opponents w-l is

Central 18-14
St G 18-15
HVT 17-16

good lawd..lol

Interestingly enough all 3 of these teams lone out of conference opponent is Sallies.. and if St G wins tomorrow all 3 would beaten them

Last edited:
how would it work? If it was a 3 way tie, does the head to head count over St. George’s since there’s a 3rd team? Would it go straight to opponents wins and losses?

yes but St G cannot get in over HVT

So HVT is in one of the two spots.. The other spot would be tie break between St G and Central

If Central gets the tie break on St G then they would tie break HVT and Central for seeding

If St G gets the tie break on Central then HVT would be 3 seed and St G 4

C. Tie-Breaking Procedures: If two or more teams are tied for any seed, the following tie-breaking criteria will be used in the order listed. Once a team is removed from the tie, the tie-breaker criteria will be reapplied sequentially to the teams that are still tied.

So there’s a chance Hodgson gets 3rd seed and STG gets tie breaker over Central and gets the 4th seed?
Wow. Too many scenarios this late into the game. Usually D1 is figured out by now

So there’s a chance Hodgson gets 3rd seed and STG gets tie breaker over Central and gets the 4th seed?
Wow. Too many scenarios this late into the game. Usually D1 is figured out by now

yes.. Or Sallies can just beat St G and put an end to it lol

What if CR played Milford instead of Delmar?.. we could have 4 tied for 2 spots..lol

Synopsis I like this better.. CR should not be penalized for taking one for the team so Sals could schedule some Hen North teams besides it's not like they played Delcastle, Delmar is a legitimate opponent..

Can‘t disagree, Bib, as CR beat SC. Based on how things played out, if CR had played the Sals instead of Delmar, then the Sals wouldn’t have had that 4 point trip in PA but CR would be In the tournament because logic says they would have beaten the Sals.
Love those CR FB unis.

Is it gauche to like your own post?

Reactions: 84rider
more to add regarding tiebreaker opponent wins and losses..

HVT and St G have the same schedule except St G played Concord (2-4 plays WP today) and HVT played Delcastle (0-7) so St G has the opponent wins TB over HVT but HVT has the HtoH hammer

So interesting enough between Central and St G it will come down to who's conference was stronger in wins.

Central didn't play Poly (0-6) in lieu of Sallies and St G didn't play Delcastle (0-7) in lieu of Sallies. So that is a wash well almost if it goes to opponent losses then advantage Central.

**all predicated on if St G beats Sallies today**

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Current opponent wins (playing to day)

Assuming HVT and St G win as that is the only way this matters

* includes Sallies PA games. All 3 teams played Sallies so it doesn't matter if they count or not

Central 23
St G 23 ( WP, Concord)
HVT 21 (WP)

WP and Concord play today so St G will get another OPWIN unless they tie..

So... ST G would top Central on OPWIN tiebreak..

So I am pretty sure St G and HVT gets in and HVT gets the 3 seed with HtoH tiebreak

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT