HVT 5 wins

#div winner autobid

CR has tiebreaker over Central
Smyrna has tiebreaker over Cape and Central and CR
St G has tiebreaker over Appo and Penn
MT has tiebreaker over St G and HVT
HVT has tiebreaker over St G, Appo and Penn

Last edited:
Just a reminder you have to play 5 to qualify and any opponent has to play 5 for their points to count

A team must play a minimum of five (5 ) games at the varsity level in order to be considered for the tournament. Forfeits will count toward satisfying this requirement. Only those opponents who have played a minimum of a five game varsity schedule will be included in a team’s record. Forfeits will count toward satisfying this requirement. Games cancellations due to COVID-19 will be considered No Contest.

Sallies is pretty shot at this point.. Lansdale Catholic probably won't play 5 games. Only have 3 games scheduled ( lost all 3 ) They are probably going to shut it down in Philly if they haven't already

For that matter Malvern Prep only has 4 games scheduled so they may not get a 5 win bonus from them either..

Last edited:
Observations..

CR is the team the 2-2 teams want to lose 2. They would be at a point disadvantage because of the D2 game with Delmar.. IF CR loses 2 then any of the 2-2 teams that win out would out point them except Sals.. Bonus points will be a wash as Sals won't be giving any

Really the only 2-2 team I think has a real good shot of running the table is Central and the way they are playing they could be a problem if they get in.

St G has a decent shot as well..

MT's 3 games are no gimmies but i believe they will win at least two of them.

hmm lets look at as if neither PA game will count which is a very real possibility

Sals then would be 1-1 7 (3.5) HVT, Central, St G

Sals would also have the most bonus points with playing Smyrna, HVT, St G and Central all of whom may get them points

Let's say Sals wins out well they would have 25 or 5.0 and maybe 5 bonus 30 or 6.0
only 4 bonus 29 or 5.8

Lets say they win 2 of 3... 20 or 4.0 + 5 bonus 25 or 5.0

A 6-1 team that played all D1.. 37 or 5.28
37+1bp 38 or 5.42
37+2bp 39 or 5,57
37+3bp 40 or 5.7

Sals would get in over a 6-1

If Sals goes 3-2 they could also get in over a 5-2 team should any of the 4-0 drop 2 games if they have at least a 2 pt advantage on BP's

It is still a long shot but if Sals can win out they would get in and could also get in winning 2 of the 3.. if the PA games count Sals has no shot..

If Sallies wins out I’m buying. They have some serious injury issues and really don’t look that good anyway.

I agree about SC. They looked good even when losing to Smyrna. I haven’t seen CR.

Crazy 2020 stuff... Sallies play-off hopes ride on Philadelphia shutting it down before next weekend. I kid you not..

Malvern Prep now has game 5 scheduled vs Roman Catholic ( Philly)
They also looking for another

Malvern Prep Football
@MalvernPrepFB

We are looking for a Varsity game 11-27 or 11-28. Host or will travel.
@PaFootballNews

Last edited:
If Sallies wins out I’m buying. They have some serious injury issues and really don’t look that good anyway.

I agree about SC. They looked good even when losing to Smyrna. I haven’t seen CR.

LOL nevermind .. MP has a game 5 now ( unless Covid shuts it down) So looks like the Lansdale win will be the game that doesn't count and if that is the case Sallies is already eliminated whether they win out or not ..

I am a Salesianum fan. Yes, there is this crazy Covid crap along with their scheduling issues. I know there has been devastating injuries. All that baggage and with their penchant for poor play I just don’t see them playoff worthy this year.

Can the be even be competitive with Hodgson? That would at least bring respect. Right now, they have 3 games left and it has been a disappointing season.

Feel for the injuries but after that you accept reality.
If there were no Covid and they were able to play the original 10 game schedule they probably would have qualified for the playoffs even with the injuries but that ain’t where we are....

I watched some of the CR v Central game.. CR has a very good defense.... At least vs the run and the older offenses. They have only given up 20 points in 4 games , 14 to Central and 6 to Delmar. They shut out Tech and Poly.. They probably won't have any trouble stopping Dover or Cape either.. We will have to see how they do against a good passing team.. ie.. Smyrna, MT, HVT etc...

Reactions: 84rider
Sallies lives! at least for now lol

Montgomery County PA (Philly) shuts it down for 2 weeks

The Montgomery County Board of Health voted today to require all Montgomery County public and private K-12 schools to move to virtual or remote learning between November 23 and December 6.

The decision comes on the advice of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Policy Lab, the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (OPH), and Dr. Valerie A. Arkoosh, Chair, Montgomery County Board of Commissioners. The order also applies to special education students and includes the suspension of extracurricular activities and sports during the two weeks.

I watched some of the CR v Central game.. CR has a very good defense.... At least vs the run and the older offenses. They have only given up 20 points in 4 games , 14 to Central and 6 to Delmar. They shut out Tech and Poly.. They probably won't have any trouble stopping Dover or Cape either.. We will have to see how they do against a good passing team.. ie.. Smyrna, MT, HVT etc...
CR does have a good defense, but their offense isn't as good. Against Delmar they were given essentially 7 turnovers (5 fumbles, an interception, plus a high snap on a punt for about a 50 yard loss), all but one those turnovers in Delmar territory, and they only ended up with 4 scores. Without those turnovers that game would have been a lot closer.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
CR does have a good defense, but their offense isn't as good. Against Delmar they were given essentially 7 turnovers (5 fumbles, an interception, plus a high snap on a punt for about a 50 yard loss), all but one those turnovers in Delmar territory, and they only ended up with 4 scores. Without those turnovers that game would have been a lot closer.

Turnovers given or caused? I guess it depends on what side you are on.(teasing) . but yeah their offense is a bit stale.. Right now I think Central is the better overall team..unfortunately they probably will be on the outside looking in. I can't see Dover or Cape beating CR but you never know. I think if Dover can get it together for a game they have shot...maybe

Malvern Prep schedules 5th game vs Downingtown East 11/21... pending Chester Co decision on school closures..

Last edited:
Malvern Prep shuts it down.. stuck at 4 games.. good news for Sallies bad for the kids on that team who had their best team I can remember,, shame. Lonnie White was a beast... Sals situation edited above

If Sals can find a way to beat HVT and Dover can beat CR then things get real interesting for Sals and their chances to get in

Actually "if" Sals can win out then they only need CR to lose 1 and Sals will get in over them. Furthermore if CR loses two of the three and Sals wins two of their three Sals will only need to out bonus CR by 2 bps which they might..So Sals could be in the game with 2 losses provided all the other teams vying for last spot has two losses and then bp's come into play

Last edited:
need Appo v Delcastle update.. did they even play

nevermind got it.. Appo in blow out

Last edited:
Don’t close the book on the 2 PA games not counting for Sals. A committee member told me that they had always planned to reconsider the 5-game requirement if it came into play. Sounds like it will be a fluid situation.

Don’t close the book on the 2 PA games not counting for Sals. A committee member told me that they had always planned to reconsider the 5-game requirement if it came into play. Sounds like it will be a fluid situation.

I doubt they will. These are the adjusted Covid rules posted by DIAA after the committee suggestions were made.. Well unless they want another law suite threat lol

I could understand if say the Hen South Champ didn't get 5 games because of Covid cancellations then they may make an exception.. but again who knows? I can only go by the rules posted on DIAA website..

Hey Bib, when If Middletown and Smyrna tie in points at the end of the season. What’s the tiebreaker? Opponents wins?

Hey Bib, when If Middletown and Smyrna tie in points at the end of the season. What’s the tiebreaker? Opponents wins?

They probably won't tie Smyrna going to get 2 bp's (Central and CR) and MT just 1 (HVT) unless St G beats both Concord and Sallies.. If that happens then yes opponent wins

1. Head to Head Competition
2. The team whose opponents have the most victories in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs.
3. The team whose opponents have the fewest defeats in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs.
4. The team who had the fewest points allowed
5. If a tie still exists, the committee will choose the at-large team(s) by vote

but then there is this..lol

Item 5. Tournament Seeding A. COVID-19

a. The football committee recognizes the need to adapt to changing conditions this fall. We support DIAA recommendations to play high school sports for the opportunity for our student-athletes to compete. We reserve the right to meet and revise the seeding procedure if conditions in Delaware make seeding a tournament unfair and not representative of the best teams in each division

Last edited:
Sallies situation looking bleak but not impossible.. They can get by CR but I don't think they can get HVT well unless Appo upsets MT and keeps HVT from gettin that BP from MT..

breaks down like this,,

Sals has to beat St G.. HVT, Central and Smyrna win... giving Sals 4 bp's

Sal 20+4 (HVT, Central, Smyrna2)= 24 by 5 for a 4.8

CR 30+3 (Smyrna2, Central)=33 by 7 for a 4.71

HVT 32+2 (MT2)=34 by 7 for a 4.85

So Sals will need Appo to beat MT or Milf to beat Central and of course they have to beat St G..

HVT looks to be in a good position.. CR loses to Smyrna and MT beats Appo and of course they beat MtP and they are in..

St Georges could also get a 4.85 but HVT has tiebreaker on them

Central is win and in.. regardless who wins between CR or Smyrna they will have a 5.0

Smyrna is in regardless if they beat CR or not..

Last edited:
To me its looking like. baring some craziness or any cancellations affecting teams in the mix

MT
Smyrna
Central
HVT

Bib....giving your calculations and predicting the outcomes of next week...and bonus points added

I think the seedings will be as follows....
(IF MT, HVT. SMY, SC all win)

1. Smyrna vs. 4. Hodgson
2. Middletown vs. 3. Sussex Central.

Bib....giving your calculations and predicting the outcomes of next week...and bonus points added

I think the seedings will be as follows....
(IF MT, HVT. SMY, SC all win)

1. Smyrna vs. 4. Hodgson
2. Middletown vs. 3. Sussex Central.

I agree.. mine above was just the 4 in . wasn't in any order but yes this looks like the most likely seedings..

I agree.. mine above was just the 4 in . wasn't in any order but yes this looks like the most likely seedings..

And a huge takeaway from those pairings....they aren’t rematches. I would like it play out this way. You have Smyrna and Hodgson with 2 good offenses and Central and Middletown with two good defenses I think.

And a huge takeaway from those pairings....they aren’t rematches. I would like it play out this way. You have Smyrna and Hodgson with 2 good offenses and Central and Middletown with two good defenses I think.

yeah I like it too... what is ironic is HVT may get in with 4.85 over Sals with a 4.80 but Sals beat HVT..more point system fun

I wouldn't mind CR getting in only because they haven't been in for awhile but playing that D2 is killing them... It's too much of a penalty playing D2 this year with only 7 or 6 games...kinda sucks .. I am guessing they either didn't think they would be in the play-off mix or didn't realize what it could cost agreeing to do it..

That's the other oddity.. Central will get in over CR with both being 5-2 but CR beat Central but then again CR does have their own destiny in their hands they just have to beat Smyrna.. 🤔

Last edited:
yeah I like it too... what is ironic is HVT may get in with 4.85 over Sals with a 4.80 but Sals beat HVT..more point system fun

I wouldn't mind CR getting in only because they haven't been in for awhile but playing that D2 is killing them... It's too much of a penalty playing D2 this year with only 7 or 6 games...kinda sucks .. I am guessing they either didn't think they would be in the play-off mix or didn't realize what it could cost agreeing to do it..

that is ironic. Then again, like the new rule book states, they can tweet something’s. Look for Sallies to file another injunction threat because a team they beat gets in and they don’t get in.
LOL.
I would think CR was thinking they wouldn’t have been in the mix and just wanted to get their kids as many games as they could because a full season wasnt promised. I’m hoping this new alignment gets put through, you won’t see many teams dipping down divisions and hurting their chances at a post season.

that is ironic. Then again, like the new rule book states, they can tweet something’s. Look for Sallies to file another injunction threat because a team they beat gets in and they don’t get in.
LOL.
I would think CR was thinking they wouldn’t have been in the mix and just wanted to get their kids as many games as they could because a full season wasnt promised. I’m hoping this new alignment gets put through, you won’t see many teams dipping down divisions and hurting their chances at a post season.

HS...the LOL means it is humor. Good. Look the Sals had their chances and even were cut some statistical breaks by the PA teams being eliminated from the calculations. They didn't get it done. You are what your record says you are (Bill Parcells).

As a Sals fan I can say their season was a major disappointment. As Dallas Green used to say "look in the mirror."

Now, for the record the only team to go to court in my long memory was Glasgow 2 decades ago. Now that is my own misrepresentation because it was the Glasgow parents...lead by a band parent. They lost in Chancery Court to be admitted to the tournament and Newark had the next most points.

No matter what, thanks to Bib and HS for hashing through this while Bummy was asleep.

My prayers are that we can get this tournament done and over with without any covid issues.

Goodwill to all.

Go Irish.

HS...the LOL means it is humor. Good. Look the Sals had their chances and even were cut some statistical breaks by the PA teams being eliminated from the calculations. They didn't get it done. You are what your record says you are (Bill Parcells).

As a Sals fan I can say their season was a major disappointment. As Dallas Green used to say "look in the mirror."

Now, for the record the only team to go to court in my long memory was Glasgow 2 decades ago. Now that is my own misrepresentation because it was the Glasgow parents...lead by a band parent. They lost in Chancery Court to be admitted to the tournament and Newark had the next most points.

No matter what, thanks to Bib and HS for hashing through this while Bummy was asleep.

My prayers are that we can get this tournament done and over with without any covid issues.

Goodwill to all.

Go Irish.

@Uncle Bumfuzzled I think Sallies offense looked better with the other kids at QB.. It was more imaginative and they did things outside of Sallies norms, wildcat etc.. It might have been erratic at times but it was effective and certainly more unpredictable. Mooney gets back in and it was back to the same ole same ole and they seemed like they were playing in slow motion. Nothing against Mooney at all he knows what he knows but Sals really played into Centrals strength last night and that is slowing the game down and stopping the run while grinding on the ground themselves..

Like you said Sals had their destiny in their own hands with some help from the Covid situation in PA and simply didn't get it done..

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
@Uncle Bumfuzzled I think Sallies offense looked better with the other kids at QB.. It was more imaginative and they did things outside of Sallies norms, wildcat etc.. It might have been erratic at times but it was effective and certainly more unpredictable. Mooney gets back in and it was back to the same ole same ole and they seemed like they were playing in slow motion. Nothing against Mooney at all he knows what he knows but Sals really played into Centrals strength last night and that is slowing the game down and stopping the run while grinding on the ground themselves..

Like you said Sals had their destiny in their own hands with some help from the Covid situation in PA and simply didn't get it done..
Bum; I watched that game last night and Sallies was dead from the first snap. A huge offensive line that cannot block. I hate to say this but it looks like BDN has lost his team.

Bum; I watched that game last night and Sallies was dead from the first snap. A huge offensive line that cannot block. I hate to say this but it looks like BDN has lost his team.

They certainly did not look to be inspired to play that game. That was pretty evident. Maybe the players didn't like the game plan or the bus ride who knows. I watched the first quarter before switching to the HVT/MT game.. Looked back in at halftime.. Sals was not going to beat SC playing their game because SC was better at it.. Like you said the Sals O-Line got worked..

I think beating Hodgson like they did and celebrating like they did probably resulted in them coming out flat.
But coming out in an I formation and staying there was a bad game plan. BDN said last week after the Hodgson game that there were D1 athletes on this O-line. He decides to win in the trenches. But SC had run blitzes schemed plus a blitzes coming off the edge. Sals were out numbered. If it’s a pass the qb doesn’t have an outlet.
I am glad we made it this far. Hopefully, we can get the championships. But it has given me an opportunity to see the Henny North with all the live opportunities. There is definitely a speed difference. I have really enjoyed watching them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT