ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Girls' Basketball Season Thread

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
The chase for the chip officially begins today. Teams are still scrimmaging but there are a couple of regular season games on tap:

Newark at St. Georges
Dickinson at Tower Hill
Sussex Central at Laurel

I'll update this thread throughout the season with impressions of teams, games and players and feel free to hop in with your thoughts.

Saw A.I./St. Mark's yesterday and I came away with a few thoughts:

1. A.I. has the talent, they just need some focus and a bit more from their bench.

2. MyMy Trader definitely looked like a first team all-state player the way she took control when they needed her to.

3. St. Mark's is still very much a sleeper team. Sophia Messick was caught up in foul trouble (refs were quick with the whistles for some reason yesterday), but once she gets going, that opens up the floor for everyone else.

4. Lauren McDonald is a player no one talks about, but she can SHOOT.

Archmere vs. Appo Monday night - Appo has talented guards, but the lack of size is what's going to hurt them. Archmere's bigs aren't imposing, but they play quick and smart, that's what won the game for them. Also, Dan Pisani's a helluva coach and I hope he gets his flowers soon.

Caravel vs. Cape Tuesday night - So weird to not see Kristin Caldwell out there (especially now that she's gonna be coaching baseball, always a trailblazer), but CA will be fine under Larry Banks. Smart basketball cat who knows his stuff. Speedy Wilson adds another dimension to that team and Amaya Johnson isn't back yet.

Cape has young talent. Watch out for Amalia Fruchtman - 6 foot first year guard who can do ANYTHING on the court.

Ursuline is very young. They started 2 8th-graders, 2 sophomores and a senior against Mount Pleasant. Of the 16 girls on the roster, only 2 are juniors and 3 are seniors. Brown and Banks, oh my. This will be a fun ride the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT