ADVERTISEMENT

Abessinio Stadium

The lead obstructionist was a City Councilman named Potter who dragged out the entire plan almost to failure. Had he succeeded in that Baynard Stadium would have been renamed Potter's Field. Leadership from the rear.

Gentlemen: Ikey not bad for a poor boy from the Westside of Wilmington. The man continues to be incredibly generous to folks who have helped him along the way. Salesianum and Neumann University have been blessed by his generosity.

Someone should set up something similar to the football event this year for lacrosse, especially with Sallies being a regionally ranked/nationally ranked team. Get some metro teams to come up and play nj/ny teams. Cape and Sallies could play each other in that event as well.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
https://events.ticketspicket.com/ag...3yib5pN0VAfYY-l0io3ZHPmTqSAq7e6c28BlN3xPjdV08

One thing of note is that the Abessinio Stadium promo efforts include the other schools using the facility.
It would be interesting to see if Salesianum and the promoters of the 3 day HS FB season opening event considered it to be successful and if the participants considered it to be worthwhile.
I was there on Thursday for the DMA vs Sallies game and it was packed to the gills I was there 45 minutes before kickoff and still didn't get in until 5 about 15 minutes after kickoff, now given that was the only 2 metal detectors. I was also there on Friday for the afternoon Smyrna game and there wasn't even half as many people there and we were able to walk right in. Obviously would be less people though for two out of town teams. Not sure what the turnout for the Saturday games ended up though

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT