ADVERTISEMENT

All conference....

EA played every game hard, strong team leader and no real off games...100 percent deserves it, no diggity no doubt

Reactions: Patcomic
Jyáre Davis might be now, OR will be the MOST decorated High School Male basketball athlete EVER to play in Delaware! No one can take that away from him!! Congrats! Four years First Team all State. Junior year GPOY. Senior year if he gets POY. Won a Chip w/ Sanford as an 8th grader ( he was the 6th man & started a few games too). Won a Chip Junior year. And was going for his 3rd Chip this year! And by the way Sanford had four starters this year average double digits in scoring. And finally, Sanford had the HARDEST "OVERALL" schedule in the state of Delaware High School Basketball HISTORY... The hate is REAL... Ha! Great Job Coach Stan for pushing the Meter HIGH for Delaware Basketball!

Jyáre Davis might be now, OR will be the MOST decorated High School Male basketball athlete EVER to play in Delaware! No one can take that away from him!! Congrats! Four years First Team all State. Junior year GPOY. Senior year if he gets POY. Won a Chip w/ Sanford as an 8th grader ( he was the 6th man & started a few games too). Won a Chip Junior year. And was going for his 3rd Chip this year! And by the way Sanford had four starters this year average double digits in scoring. And finally, Sanford had the HARDEST "OVERALL" schedule in the state of Delaware High School Basketball HISTORY... The hate is REAL... Ha! Great Job Coach Stan for pushing the Meter HIGH for Delaware Basketball!
True....Sanfords schedule this year was CRAZY...that rematch would’ve been interesting....even if they can’t play the championship somebody should set it up so these two can play lol it’s a must!

Plus Sanford is undefeated for the past 2 years in state...

Sanford should be undefeated in both girls and boys in the state EVERY year and they should be a national power on a regular basis but they are not. They get to recruit and hand pick their players. No other team in the state can do that. Sanford is a joke. Step up on the national level with what they are capable of doing with bringing in players. Then we’ll have all the clones who think Stan is some great coach. Show us on the national level than come on and talk sh*t

Reactions: Chill44
Plus Sanford is undefeated for the past 2 years in state...
POY should always be what you did that year & not what you have accomplished in any of the previous years...THIS YEAR Elijah Allan had the better year. Davis’ career is one of a kind for sure, but I think his year Allen was head & shoulders above others in DE & more consistent.

@Eyeindaski I was waiting for this. Corey Perkins 4th grade, Devin Harris 5th grade, Hassan Perkins 10th grade (If Sanford had football he would have been there earlier, plus wanted to play w/ his cousin), Jyare Davis 8th grade, & Nnanna 9th. Stop disrespecting that man saying he recruits. Truth be told if he could recruit no one in Delaware would have a chance because Jalen Duren (Roman Catholic) & Tarqi Ingram (who was at Bonner) tried to get in Sanford, plus many more! When you build a program people want to come! Anyone who has a student athlete and they can afford it . Why not Sanford. Great school and great coach. Stan also won 2 USA Olympic GOLD MEDALS. Stop hating!!

Reactions: jvm3 and pksundevil
You are such a simp! Get off Stan’s jock and stand on your on two feet. Stan didn’t win 2 gold’s, he had the best players in the world and he was a token coach. You listed just this years players. Go back over the years and list the number of players that came to Sanford and I’m sure a majority of them came in 8th or .9th grade.There should be no reason in Stan’s 25+ year coaching career he shouldn’t of had at least one of those teams in the top 25 in the country. If Stan was really a man of the community or of the city he’d go to a school like Dickinson or Howard and be there for the black youth that need it the most.

Oh - you are one of those- either you couldn't get into Sanford or your child couldn't. Or you are just a child who signed up for an account here just last month. Either way - I won't entertain the hate!! If you knew Stan, knew Sanford or knew these kids you wouldn't be talking so reckless. These are great - upstanding young men - under the tutelage of one of the best - father, coach etc. By the way, who are you..... I'm done

RelievedReliableArgali-max-1mb.gif

No disrespect to Sanford but JD started the season a little slow probably for the same reason EDavis had a down year, injures. Playing a little tentative coming off a injury is normal and expected. EA, was the most consistent player this year. JD will have a nice college and maybe NBA career.

Reactions: Chill44
No disrespect hoops but EA would give Sanford 25 as well. Honestly can’t say what EA would do vs others unless it happened. But vs anyone in the 302 I’m taking EA. If you look at box scores for the season for Sanford vs in state competition and it’s not close. JD is a stud but EA had a better season.

No disrespect hoops but EA would give Sanford 25 as well. Honestly can’t say what EA would do vs others unless it happened. But vs anyone in the 302 I’m taking EA. If you look at box scores for the season for Sanford vs in state competition and it’s not close. JD is a stud but EA had a better season.
In. State Davis hasn't lost to nobody in 2 years..Sussex Tech came to Dover and won... Iam 100% sure he would never put those numbers them power teams Davis played.. So let's not kid yourself

Dover lost in chip.. Don't care if scored 50.. Still lost..

Reactions: jvm3
No disrespect hoops but EA would give Sanford 25 as well. Honestly can’t say what EA would do vs others unless it happened. But vs anyone in the 302 I’m taking EA.
Dover lost in chip.. Don't care if scored 50.. Still lost..

We are talking about an individual award. Not records or chips...statistically EA had a better year than everyone. He’s the best player in our state this season. Regardless of the schedule or Sussex Tech loss.

Stop he's no Donte Divencinzo...not even close...never carried his team!

In. State Davis hasn't lost to nobody in 2 years..Sussex Tech came to Dover and won... Iam 100% sure he would never put those numbers them power teams Davis played.. So let's not kid yourself
@Hoopsdownstate5 , Let’s not kid yourself & act like Davis torched those teams early in the season...between the Combine Academy game at 76ers Fieldhouse, City of Palms Tournament (FL) & Slam Dunk To The Beach to open up their season those first 7 games (4-3) Davis literally averaged under 11points per game (check the box scores). I don’t care who Allen is playing he is getting more than that, a lot more than that & you know it. So yeah let’s not kid yourself & take them blinders off man.

Davis didn’t top 20 in a game til after midseason when he had a string of 5 straight & those games included wins over Wilmington Christian, Wilmington Friends, Tatnall & St. Andrew’s...so we could say that he actually padded his stats against the lesser completion.

We are talking about a team in Sanford that has 0 in-state losses & a Dover team that has 1 in-state loss that are very closely matched up head-to-head, yet we are saying that the Sanford kid averaging around 15 ppg is more deserving of POY than the Dover kid averaging around 25...”C’MON MAN!!!”.

Last edited:
@Hoopsdownstate5 , Let’s not kid yourself & act like Davis torched those teams early in the season...between the Combine Academy game at 76ers Fieldhouse, City of Palms Tournament (FL) & Slam Dunk To The Beach to open up their season those first 7 games (4-3) Davis literally averaged under 11points per game (check the box scores). I don’t care who Allen is playing he is getting more than that, a lot more than that & you know it. So yeah let’s not kid yourself & take them blinders off man.

Davis didn’t top 20 in a game til after midseason when he had a string of 5 straight & those games included wins over Wilmington Christian, Wilmington Friends, Tatnall & St. Andrew’s...so we could say that he actually padded his stats against the lesser completion.

We are talking about a team in Sanford that has 0 in-state losses & a Dover team that has 1 in-state loss that are very closely matched up head-to-head, yet we are saying that the Sanford kid averaging around 15 ppg is more deserving of POY than the Dover kid averaging around 25...”C’MON MAN!!!”.
There you go again talking about points.. Glad you ain't coaching ..lol.. Davis won MVP just avg.. 17 a game.. Bones avg. 30 plus a game and Davis still won MVP.. If you think scoring 25 a game gets you MVP.. Just ask James Harden.. Greek Freak scored way less but all around game is way better.. Lol

There you go again talking about points.. Glad you ain't coaching ..lol.. Davis won MVP just avg.. 17 a game.. Bones avg. 30 plus a game and Davis still won MVP.. If you think scoring 25 a game gets you MVP.. Just ask James Harden.. Greek Freak scored way less but all around game is way better.. Lol
It’s not all about points of course, but once again what did he do against those power teams that Allen couldn’t have? And when the 2 teams are that evenly matched & one kid scoring 10 more points per game than the other then yes points really do matter. The year that Hyland scored all those points was his team as successful as Dover’s...No, but if they were then he would have been POY. You really reaching man...LoL Even outside of points I’m willing to bet Allen’s numbers are better than Davis this year. You have yet to give me a valid reason why Davis should win it...you mentioned these power teams & Sanford’s schedule but like I said you can’t just play them you have to perform when you play them.

It wouldn’t be fair to give him POY off of his track record alone. You sound like one of those voters that had handed Davis POY before the season even started. So let me ask you this, what more could have Allen or any other player have done to get POY that Allen didn’t do this year?

Stop he's no Donte Divencinzo...not even close...never carried his team!
I agree on that... But if finished this year out and won another State title .. That would been 3 titles.. Nobody has done that in State.
It’s not all about points of course, but once again what did he do against those power teams that Allen couldn’t have? And when the 2 teams are that evenly matched & one kid scoring 10 more points per game than the other then yes points really do matter. The year that Hyland scored all those points was his team as successful as Dover’s...No, but if they were then he would have been POY. You really reaching man...LoL Even outside of points I’m willing to bet Allen’s numbers are better than Davis this year. You have yet to give me a valid reason why Davis should win it...you mentioned these power teams & Sanford’s schedule but like I said you can’t just play them you have to perform when you play them.

It wouldn’t be fair to give him POY off of his track record alone. You sound like one of those voters that had handed Davis POY before the season even started. So let me ask you this, what more could have Allen or any other player have done to get POY that Allen didn’t do this year?
Nothing.. 25 a game is ok.. How about block shots , steals, rebounds and ass.. He got GPOY.. That's was great... Being little greedy POY though.. Just not going happen.. Specially the highest ranked nationally team in 40 years at 90.. Just reality.. Allen had a good year.. He be good at D-2..

We're still saying "Chip"?

I agree on that... But if finished this year out and won another State title .. That would been 3 titles.. Nobody has done that in State.

Nothing.. 25 a game is ok.. How about block shots , steals, rebounds and ass.. He got GPOY.. That's was great... Being little greedy POY though.. Just not going happen.. Specially the highest ranked nationally team in 40 years at 90.. Just reality.. Allen had a good year.. He be good at D-2..
You’re tripping...LoL I would love to see the entire stat line including all of those if they were actually legit because outside of blocked shots I’m willing to bet Allen’s numbers were better as well. Allen will be good at D2 is a good statement because I think he would excel there if that’s the route he chooses but I’m thinking like lost kids he is going to want to play D1 somewhere. As good as Davis was here in DE how well do you think he will do at Providence in the Big East against all of those athletic 3s who will be the same size as him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT