LOTY Elijah Husser Appo

District 2
OPOY Yamir Knight Smyrna
DPOY ?
LOTY Nate Chandler Smyrna

Dang the Appo guys upstaging the Middletown guys.. 😮

giphy.gif

Reactions: upstatewrestlingfan
stats only after looking at them it would be albero. I just feel like tatersall has had the bigger impact overall. Tattersall, Albero, and Matthews top 3 qbs in class 2a.
Stats, shmats, Tattersall beat the other two H2H and the games weren't close in the second half. Friends sat on the ball the last 5 minutes of each game and did not try to score. Friends also ran second teamers a lot this year, probably more than the others.

Starting to hear some of the other names for 1st team in all the districts, other than what is posted on this thread. Looking for a little clarity on how the choices are made after all is said and done because some make zero sense...at all.

Yeah, so someone explain to me how MTP coach got coach of the year in D2D2 over Tattersall.

Starting to hear some of the other names for 1st team in all the districts, other than what is posted on this thread. Looking for a little clarity on how the choices are made after all is said and done because some make zero sense...at all.
I’m pretty sure Tattersall won OPOY for District 2.

So Albero is QB1, Tattersall is opoy and Matthews is honorable mention.

That young man has all the motivation he needs. RJ about to make a statement in the playoffs 🐆

Chatter from around...most of it correct. Have buddies who coach across the county, mostly up north. They were surprised at how some of the votes fell.

As mentioned previously, some very deserving individuals. Some coaches go to bat in a big way. Others, let the others take over.
Motivation is a good thing for a young adult.
If I were to look back, would I rather be all state or win the state? Thats an easy one, guess I am a bit old though. Sure most of the gents here would say the same.
Playoffs will be fun!

I look at it this way… if he were allowed to be nominated for two offensive positions, he’d make the all district team for QB and RB. Maybe not the best at both positions but best all around offensive player.
That makes sense. I just thought being 1st team all district was a requirement for being OPOY

If I remember correctly didn't Henderson get second team all conference with the Dover QB getting 1st team but Hendo got 1st team All-State. Maybe even OPOY but can't remember if that was the year OPOY went to him or WiKnight. The district (or conferences as they were) are always a little more political so to speak then the all-state. Not that politics doesn't happen in All-State as we know it does but not to the degree as conferences and now districts. JMHO

Does DIFCA even still exist?

regarding stats.. After perusing QB stats across the country 20-25 TD's 2000-2500 yds 58-62% is pretty much the norm and quite average for high school QB's. That obviously has to do with the offenses that are run today. The upper level QB's in stats 3000-4200 yds 35-50 TD's 66-70%

The most important things (IMO) I want in a QB that the stats can't show is leadership and heart. Those two things still have to count for something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody_Wood
Stats are always going to be a big decider in selecting the top 3 players. So performance, leadership, wins/loses should be the tie breaker. Friends QB, was close to the entire offense. OPOY. I do not think he will be QB1.

Polytech:
Brett Shelton-Hoskins 2nd Team FB
Jalen Anderson 2nd team WR
Ivan Spangler 2nd team DT
Amir Jenkins 2nd Team DB

Issac Balcerak 3rd Team QB
Kenny Valcin 3rd Team LB

Odessa:
1st Team:
Fullback - A’Hzir Bellamy
Guard - Phil Kamara
Def Back - Noah Norment
Punter - Mac Keating

2nd Team All-District honors:
RB - Chase Belin
DL - JJ Burgos-Diaz
Returner - Jalen Lingham

3rd Team all-dist. honors!
TE - Ethan VanBerkom
C - Bruce Macolley
T - Nate Devonshire
T - Jeremiah Green
DE - A’Hzir Bellamy
DT - Bruce Macolley
DT - Phil Kamara
LB - Dave Johnston
LB - Isaiah Melton
LB - RJ Carter
DB - Anai Burney-Green

ECHS: Not sure positions they were not listed
1st Team
Joshua Devorish

3rd Team
Nasir Jones
Tyson Fenderson
Malyki Holtzman

Charter All-District

Brian Winnington Coach of the Year Class 1A District 1

1st Tem:
QB Roman Paoli
WR / DB Tenye Martin
WR Danny Houston
OT Finn Scalvounos
LB Ewan Menzies
Kicker Kyle Guarneri

2nd Team
OG/DT Michael Hernandez
C Max Aukamp
DT Finn Sclavounos
LB Brady Harach
DB Danny Houston
Punter KJ Shahan
RET Tenye Martin

Hon Mention
OT Michael Charney
LB Rob Cutrona

Class 3:
District 1
OPOY Dan McConomy Appo
DPOY Nate Ray Sallies
LOTY Elijah Husser Appo
COTY Brian Timpson

District 2
OPOY Yamir Knight Smyrna
DPOY Tysean Milligan Dover
LOTY Nate Chandler Smyrna
COTY Mike Judy Smyrna

Class 2:
District 1:
OPOY Lenniek Preston Conrad
DPOY
LOTY Luke Watson St Marks
COTY Joey Wright St Marks

District 2:
OPOY Robbie Tattersall Friends
DPOY
LOTY Christian Pope Howard
COTY Randy Holmes Mt Pleasant

District 3:
OPOY
DPOY
LOTY Desmond Aladuge Milford
COTY

Winnington being awarded coach of the year for his district might be my favorite accolade this year. Dude has been at Charter for over 10 years, gotten demolished by teams like Middletown, William Penn, Howard and Appo for years. Took the program over after legendary Coach Cylc stepped away from coaching. Built his coaching staff over the past few seasons and made the most of the new 3 tier class system. Nobody every thought Charter would go 8-1 in any season, ever. Let alone make the playoffs and host a playoff game.

Congrats Coach Winnington

Last edited:
Class 1:
District 1:
OPOY Quasim Benson St E's
DPOY Eric O'Neil St E's
LOTY Justin Smith Tatnall
COTY Brian Winnington CSW

District 2:
OPOY Kaden Shockley Laurel
DPOY
LOTY
COTY

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Does the whole list eventually get published somewhere? And if so, where? Delaware Online?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT