ADVERTISEMENT

All State going into February

theWILL2WIN

Water boy
Feb 19, 2015
Players are ranked by 1st, 2nd, 3rd team not ranked within the teams. The only lock is Dixon as POY!

1st Team

Mikey Dixon - POY
Jordan Allen
Lamar Hamrick
Myles Cale
Raheim Burnett

2nd Team
Jordan Money
LJ Stansbury
Javier Worthy
Kyson Rawls
Danny Walsh

3rd Team
Caleb Matthews
Desmond Gould
Ian Robertson
Tariq Ingraham
Aaron Scott

HM

Kristian Alexander
Kvon Cramer
Okoye Parker
Terrence Woodlin
Jacob Walsh
Kyle Evans
Chris Cropper
Zack Kent
Randy Rickards
Nah'shon Hyland

Best believe that Jordan Money will be on that 1st Team after being 1st Team last year as a sophomore. I would have agreed w/ Hamrick on 1st Team too had he finished the season out which would have left someone off unless they carried 6 on 1st Team as has been done sometimes in the past.

Thursday night hasn't got here yet, so we don't know whether Hamrick is gone or not, and that Johnson kid at William Penn (#10) will be no lower than 3rd team

Players are ranked by 1st, 2nd, 3rd team not ranked within the teams. The only lock is Dixon as POY!

1st Team

Mikey Dixon - POY
Jordan Allen
Lamar Hamrick
Myles Cale
Raheim Burnett

2nd Team
Jordan Money
LJ Stansbury
Javier Worthy
Kyson Rawls
Danny Walsh

3rd Team
Caleb Matthews
Desmond Gould
Ian Robertson
Tariq Ingraham
Aaron Scott

HM

Kristian Alexander
Kvon Cramer
Okoye Parker
Terrence Woodlin
Jacob Walsh
Kyle Evans
Chris Cropper
Zack Kent
Randy Rickards
Nah'shon Hyland

Excellent list, could not come up with a better one myself. I would say that they not going to not put Woodlin and Ingraham, 1st and 2nd team, too many gaurds and those 2 are special young talents at 6'7 and 6'8. Burnett, Danny Walsh and money are talented kids but those 2 are major D1 prospects.

I posted this on another thread also but I am liking what I am seeing from Smyrna's Javier Worthy & w/ Smyrna sitting at 13-3 I'm wondering if he can slide up on that 1st Team All State especially w/ Appo (Cale) & St. E's (Money) struggling as of late & Smyrna thrashing St. Es last night.

Worthy should make 1st team, but they not going to keep myles of 1st team

@delawaresportsjunkie I was thinking the same thing about them not keeping Cale off of 1st Team considering they have him ranked as the top player in DE (although I'd say Dixon is by far) but in order for Worthy to make 1st Team someone would be left off & Money was First Team last year so I wasn't sure how voters would handle that...should be interesting if they only place 5 players on 1st Team.

@delawaresportsjunkie I was thinking the same thing about them not keeping Cale off of 1st Team considering they have him ranked as the top player in DE (although I'd say Dixon is by far) but in order for Worthy to make 1st Team someone would be left off & Money was First Team last year so I wasn't sure how voters would handle that...should be interesting if they only place 5 players on 1st Team.

Worthy should make 1st team, but myles definitely 1st team also.

My guess for this year With consideration given to politics.

1st
Dixon
Allen
Cale
Burnett
Worthy

2nd
Money
D. Walsh
Stansbury
Rawls
Ingraham

3rd
Woodlin
Ludman
Matthews
J. Walsh
A. Scott

1st
Dixon
Allen
Cale
Burnett
Worthy

2nd
Money
D. Walsh
Stansbury
Rawls
Ingraham

3rd
Woodlin
Ludman
Matthews
J. Walsh
A. Scott

Good list that I can agree w/. I also like Woodbridge's C. Corbin & I'm sure Milford would say that they deserve someone on @ least 3rd Team considering they won the Henlopen South but both of those teams are at a disadvantage when it comes to voters because they are not seen by upstaters hardly at all during the regular season. That is another reason why I would like to see them schedule more out of conference games w/ teams up that way. I may even slide up to Middletown myself tonight to check out the Woodbridge @ Middletown game.

1st
Dixon
Allen
Cale
Burnett
Worthy

2nd
Money
D. Walsh
Stansbury
Rawls
Ingraham

3rd
Woodlin
Ludman
Matthews
J. Walsh
A. Scott
What are Cales stats looking like this year? and has he recieved me many offers yet?

I would put Ludman 2nd team.

Johnson from Wm Penn is HM.

Dorsey and Hussein from Delcastle also HM.

They need to expand the list to 8 Kids each team + hm. It will be interesting to see who they finally select, feel like there may be some suprises

Has St. George's Kyson Rawls played his way onto that 1st Team after the departure of Hamrick? He has been pouring it on here lately down the stretch finishing the season strong for the 16-3 Flight B Champs. He just dropped 29 on Appo/Cale & Company last night in a big 70-56 win. He has put that team on his back & they are 6-0 since Hamrick's departure. Not to mention he was a 2nd Team selection last year who has improved even more this year.

It's gonna be close. He's definitely gone Westbrook since Hamrick's departure, but the question is who do you take off of first team and have Rawls replace?

It's gonna be close. He's definitely gone Westbrook since Hamrick's departure, but the question is who do you take off of first team and have Rawls replace?

Exactly...I'm thinking Dixon, Burnett, Allen & Cale are probably locks then you have Worthy, Rawls & Money right there as well. I believe Money will be 2nd Team now after falling off a bit numbers-wise towards the end of the season then the unfortunate injury. St. E's also loss badly to those other teams w/ potential 1st Teamers in Mt. Pleasant, Sanford, Smyrna & Appo (without Money). Then you have William Penn...let's just say they beat Mt. Pleasant tomorrow, win Flight A & possibly go on to win the Blue Hen. I don't think they have a 1st Teamer but it would make the conversation that more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Penn's coach was COY cuz I didn't hear much about them in the preseason or any rankings.

They should expand the list, to many deserving kids for each team. I say 10 kids each team for an even 30. If 30 kids out of approximately 765 players makes it that's good especially for those kids that have performed well at the high school level but will not be continuing on in college, they should be recognized for their hard work.

Exactly...I'm thinking Dixon, Burnett, Allen & Cale are probably locks then you have Worthy, Rawls & Money right there as well. I believe Money will be 2nd Team now after falling off a bit numbers-wise towards the end of the season then the unfortunate injury. St. E's also loss badly to those other teams w/ potential 1st Teamers in Mt. Pleasant, Sanford, Smyrna & Appo (without Money). Then you have William Penn...let's just say they beat Mt. Pleasant tomorrow, win Flight A & possibly go on to win the Blue Hen. I don't think they have a 1st Teamer but it would make the conversation that more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Penn's coach was COY cuz I didn't hear much about them in the preseason or any rankings.

Dixon, Allen, Cale are locks and I think Rawls just locked himself in their. Its gonna be controversial but I think they going to stick that big Sallies freshmen in that 5th spot and move Burnett to 2nd team. Reason why, u have a freshmen who led a team to a top ten ranking & and playoff birth. They won more regular season games this year than they did last year with Donte and he averages a double double. Money is in danger of being knocked all the way down to third team. Even before the injury there have been many questions about his work ethics. The kids I think will get the shaft are worthy and Burnett. These 2 are both 1st teamers in my opinion and this is why I think they should expand the list. I don't even want to get into second team, I think that's going to be even more controversial.

Definitely interesting this year...No way Burnett can be left off of 1st team. But just my opinion. Last year started out with clear cut favorite POY (Donte D.). This year started out no idea of the entire 1st team and POY predictions were not even thought of. Beginning of season predictions were all over the place. Going be a fun 2-3 weeks.

Haven't seen a lot of games this year but got to see App/St. G last night. Rawls dominated in my opinion. Cale had an off night but he is a tremendous talent for sure. Been watching him for many years now. Great kid from a nice family. Was really impressed by St. G freshman Nah'Shon Hyland. Looked like you could blow him over with a stiff breeze but he had no hesitation taking it to the rim. He had a great game last night.

Last edited:
Dixon, Allen, Cale are locks and I think Rawls just locked himself in their. Its gonna be controversial but I think they going to stick that big Sallies freshmen in that 5th spot and move Burnett to 2nd team. Reason why, u have a freshmen who led a team to a top ten ranking & and playoff birth. They won more regular season games this year than they did last year with Donte and he averages a double double. Money is in danger of being knocked all the way down to third team. Even before the injury there have been many questions about his work ethics. The kids I think will get the shaft are worthy and Burnett. These 2 are both 1st teamers in my opinion and this is why I think they should expand the list. I don't even want to get into second team, I think that's going to be even more controversial.

@delawaresportsjunkie I am not sure how long you have been around Delaware high school basketball or how familiar you are w/ the process & sometimes politics involved but NO WAY Burnett is left off of 1st Team as he was 1st Team last year & led Mt. Pleasant to a very similar type of season this year. Also NO WAY Sallies freshman Ingraham will be 1st Team. I don't think that you can compare total wins this season to last without figuring in the schedule especially when it's only a 1-win difference. Last year w/ Divencenzo Sallies scheduled out of conference games w/ teams like Malvern, Ewing, St. Vincent St. Mary's, MLK, etc. I like the freshman but not a 1st Teamer this this year...you mentioned a Top 10 ranking & playoff berth but honestly that is not hard to do in a state as small as DE where just about about half the teams make the state tournament.

Reactions: Lomcfly
J12, Out of state teams this year for sals, St. Joseph's prep, Malvern, downingtown, math & science. They 3-1 versus those teams with freshmen. Sallies, Sanford, St. Georges don't play soft schedules. That's the philosophy of those coaches. Facts, most teams are lead by juniors & senior, and when I look at rosters that's what I see even for the teams that will not play post season. Smyrna just barely beat them the other night 53-51 on a last minute worthy play. They gave Sanford a challeng only losing by six. Mt. Pleasant is only team that handled them this year with a core group of seniors. The sals last year were lead by 2 seniors, poy donte & Shane Clark. You say it's easy in delaware but can please give me an example of a past freshmen lead team to make playoffs. In terms of politics I would think the politics of this state is probably more favorable to Ingraham, look at the latest rankings by Curtis Watkins.

Last edited:
J12, Out of state teams this year for sals, St. Joseph's prep, Malvern, downingtown, math & science. They 3-1 versus those teams with freshmen. Sallies, Sanford, St. Georges don't play soft schedules. That's the philosophy of those coaches. Facts, most teams are lead by juniors & senior, and when I look at rosters that's what I see even for the teams that will not play post season. Smyrna just barely beat them the other night 53-51 on a last minute worthy play. They gave Sanford a challeng only losing by six. Mt. Pleasant is only team that handled them this year with a core group of seniors. The sals last year were lead by 2 seniors, poy donte & Shane Clark. You say it's easy in delaware but can please give me an example of a past freshmen lead team to make playoffs. In terms of politics I would think the politics of this state is probably more favorable to Ingraham, look at the latest rankings by Curtis Watkins.

You make it sound as if you would like to reward the kid off the strength of being a freshman. That kid is going to be a beast playing at a high level D1 school & He has had a great season but just not a 1st Team All State season in my opinion compared to the other 7 or so to choose from. I would say he is 2nd or 3rd @ worst. I have seen the rankings but those rankings aren't always comparable to the actual All State teams & wins usually play a huge factor. And yes I do believe it is not that hard to make the playoffs in DE when around half the teams make it.

Definitely interesting this year...No way Burnett can be left off of 1st team. But just my opinion. Last year started out with clear cut favorite POY (Donte D.). This year started out no idea of the entire 1st team and POY predictions were not even thought of. Beginning of season predictions were all over the place. Going be a fun 2-3 weeks.

Whoever didn't realize poy was gonna be mikey dixon really slept on that kid because he arguably had a better season than donte last year. He's really in a class by himself in this state. Also first team last year had 3 kids returning and second team was filled with returning kids. i could've formed the all state list in October.

Reactions: jvm3
All State needs to stay at 5 and sometimes 1st team can have 6. I can recall many players from back in the day that deserved 1st team but they just couldn't get over the hump. No need for Everyone to say hey I was a 1st teamer.

1st Team
1. Dixon (POY)
2. Cale
3. Allen
4. Burnett
5. Rawls (he will play at the Bob)
6. Worthy
I have 6 it's been done before and should be done again this year

2nd Team
1. Money
2. Ingraham
3. Stansbury
4. Walsh
5. Z. Kent

3rd Team
1. C. Corbin
2. O Parker
3. A. Scott
4. N. Holland
5. H. Neihsmith

So just gonna ask...

I've seen Mount 4 times this season. Burnett started in only one game. One he didn't play at all. Two he sat entire 1st quarter including game against Penn, biggest game of the season.

So is he first team all state if his own coach sits him so much? Or do you just go on talent...??

For me it's about his PRODUCTION. I'm not a fan of stripping accolades from players for what they do off the floor. Hardware is about what's done in the court or field. Mt would not be in the position they are in if Burnett did not produce

For me it's about his PRODUCTION. I'm not a fan of stripping accolades from players for what they do off the floor. Hardware is about what's done in the court or field. Mt would not be in the position they are in if Burnett did not produce
I totally agree , they wouldn't be where there at if it wasn't for him , he still produces even when he doesn't start or sits out a quarter as we seen last night against penn. Kid defiantly deserves 1st Team

Supposedly Burnett was late to practice. Coach Sullivan holds all her players accountable no special privileges No matter how good you are or how important the game is if your late to practice/school or you get in trouble in school she will not start you or sit you she's sat Myrick also this season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT