ADVERTISEMENT

Beach

39-19 Smyrna w/ 1:53 left in the half.

I’m not at the game but following live on the website. Garnett seems to be handling his business.

@Hoopsdownstate2 U at the game?

39-19 Smyrna w/ 1:53 left in the half.

I’m not at the game but following live on the website. Garnett seems to be handling his business.

@Hoopsdownstate2 U at the game?[/Q

Yes .. Stoped watching... Garnett was dominating them in paint.. Howard looks like middle school team.. Smh.. Iam in lobby eating Grottos pizza until next game...lol

Well dam Matthews just got a dunk followed by a Technical Foul. I’d get him out of the game up 30 before he gets another risking suspension against a very tough Roselle Catholic team where Smyrna will need him & more.

Well dam Matthews just got a dunk followed by a Technical Foul. I’d get him out of the game up 30 before he gets another risking suspension against a very tough Roselle Catholic team where Smyrna will need him & more.
I agree.. Smryna should brought there J.V. team too...lol

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Smyrna beats Howard 86-53. I guess coach may have left Matthews in to chase that triple double cuz as I was following online he was the last Smyrna starter to come out & finished w/ 24, 10 & 10. I’m beginning to think his name will be right there soaking up some of those POY votes as Smyrna should keep winning...especially since I know of some voters who voted for him even last year.

Garnett - 30 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists
Matthews - 24 pts, 10 rebs, 10 assists

Woody - 18 pts, 6 rebs, 4 assists

Last edited:
Reactions: theWILL2WIN
yeah I figured they would be much taller and just as athletic.. All those private schools around DC beltway are like that

Reactions: 84rider
Too much length for Caravel to deal with. Parker struggled.

Final was 74-36...smh Looks like everybody struggled except for Alderman who had 16.

Parker shot 1-11, 0-6 from 3 w/ 2 pts.

Earl shot 1-10, 1-7 from 3 w/ 3 pts.

yeah I figured they would be much taller and just as athletic.. All those private schools around DC beltway are like that

And most of them have multiple players going D1. Looks like Caravel ran into a Pittsburgh & a Rhode Island commit today. Delaware High School basketball as a whole is way behind when it comes to that type of talent.

It’s a nice gesture to invite the Delaware teams, but the tourney was better when those teams came and played in the local bracket and were out of the gym by 10AM. For every Sanford/La Lumiere game or Woodbridge dunk on Xavier Henry, there will be 100 lopsided victories from a far superior OOS opponent.

Reactions: Patcomic and jvm3
It’s a nice gesture to invite the Delaware teams, but the tourney was better when those teams came and played in the local bracket and were out of the gym by 10AM. For every Sanford/La Lumiere game or Woodbridge dunk on Xavier Henry, there will be 100 lopsided victories from a far superior OOS opponent.

That was Woodbridge’s Kyan Andrews crazy dunk on Putnam City (OK) team but it wasn’t Xavier Henry whose chest that he seemed to just keep rising above & dunked on...LoL

I see Sanford plays Gray Collegiate Academy (SC) & Juwan Gary down in Salisbury Friday after their 2 games today & tomorrow at Slam Dunk To The Beach. I’m curious to see how that one turns out.

Reactions: jvm3
Not one close game today. Was thinking about heading over tomorrow. Hopefully some better games. Did anyone notice that Harvard Westlake plays twice tomorrow and 4 times in 3 days?

Cape might get slaugtered tomorrow. Westlake is the 29th ranked team in the country.

Game 1 tomorrow at 11 AM may be the game of the tournament. #5 Gonzaga DC 7-0 vs #29 Harvard Westlake CA 10-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Harvard Westlake was without its best player. He wasn't in attendance so I assume hw is still in LA.

However, I love sophomore Mason Hooks. He will be tough to handle in that post. Great hands and footwork. He will be a problem in 2 years.

Harvard Westlake was without its best player. He wasn't in attendance so I assume hw is still in LA.

However, I love sophomore Mason Hooks. He will be tough to handle in that post. Great hands and footwork. He will be a problem in 2 years.
Twitter says Juzang has flu. Also a sophomore - def a rising squad nationally if both stay.

I see Smyrna dropped their first game of the season to a loaded Roselle Catholic (NJ) team 87-69...Jaymeir Garnett seems to play his best against tougher competition & had a another double-double w/ 19 pts, 12 rebs. The big man transfer Veasley also has a double-double w/ 14 pts, 10 rebs...if he keeps getting better & contributing each game like he has been Smyrna will run through DE.

I’m keeping up online now & saw Cape up on Harvard Westlake (CA) 12-11 after 1 qtr w/ Robertson & Rickards having all 12 pts. Let’s go DE!!!

Harvard Westlake (CA)-19 Cape-23 @ the half.

Last edited:
Harvard Westlake beats Cape 48-37. It looks like Cape couldn’t buy a bucket in the second half.

Hooks sitting with foul trouble and Juzang’s poor shooting in the first half kept the game closer than it should have been. It could have been ugly. No answer for Hooks inside. Congrats to Cape for fighting until the end.

Not one close game today. Was thinking about heading over tomorrow. Hopefully some better games. Did anyone notice that Harvard Westlake plays twice tomorrow and 4 times in 3 days?

Cape might get slaugtered tomorrow. Westlake is the 29th ranked team in the country.

Game 1 tomorrow at 11 AM may be the game of the tournament. #5 Gonzaga DC 7-0 vs #29 Harvard Westlake CA 10-1.
Please.. Gonzaga going smoke them..

Hooks sitting with foul trouble and Juzang’s poor shooting in the first half kept the game closer than it should have been. It could have been ugly. No answer for Hooks inside. Congrats to Cape for fighting until the end.
Westlake is sorry... Cape just dont have guards. ..

Harvard Westlake beats Cape 48-37. It looks like Cape couldn’t buy a bucket in the second half.
I was there .. Cape guards jacking 3s second half.. Westlake played earlier today and got beat earlier..Best game was Westtown. . Duke comitt Cam Reddish is the real deal.. One and done at Duke...

Reactions: handsdownmandown
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT