ADVERTISEMENT

Beach

Westlake is sorry... Cape just dont have guards. ..

That’s a ridiculous statement. “Westlake is sorry”. Juzang as a frosh (may have reclassed) has offers from UCLA, Miami, Washington just to name a few. Not to mention someone stated earlier he’s been sick. Cape as well as the other teams didn’t have an answer for Hooks. Their key players were frosh and Sophs. Lucky for Cape he picked up a couple soft calls. HW is now 11-2 and that was their 3rd game of Slam Dunk and 2nd of the day. Might want to retract that statement lol.

That’s a ridiculous statement. “Westlake is sorry”. Juzang as a frosh (may have reclassed) has offers from UCLA, Miami, Washington just to name a few. Not to mention someone stated earlier he’s been sick. Cape as well as the other teams didn’t have an answer for Hooks. Their key players were frosh and Sophs. Lucky for Cape he picked up a couple soft calls. HW is now 11-2 and that was their 3rd game of Slam Dunk and 2nd of the day. Might want to retract that statement lol.
No... They wont win another game at the Beach.. But you think they good... Gonzaga from D.C.. Smoked them by 20 pionts with ease..smh.. You must be Slam Dunk to Beach in Alaska... Smh...

Westlake had no business playing 4 games... Smh .. Weak team period. .. People payed good money.. Nobody wants to see the same team 4 times that aint that good... Smh.. Westtown with Duke commit Cam should at least played 3 games... Not good year scheduling for Slam Dunk to the Beach... They got to change to brackets... So teams has something to play for... Or they will loose alot of money because teams want to play for trophies.. Not come play 2 games and leave...

Stop it, it’s the best basketball tournament, talent wise, in the state....they need good publicity not us home towners calling them out, just saying

It’s like that guy standing on the street corner handing out $20 bills, someone’s gonna complain cause he wasn’t handing out $50’s smh

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Stop it, it’s the best basketball tournament, talent wise, in the state....they need good publicity not us home towners calling them out, just saying
You right... But damn every game blowouts except for maybe 3 games... At least scout the teams first and then.. Pair each to there rankings close as possible. .. Like Westtown vs Gonzaga. . Westlake CA.. Has no business playing 4 games like they Golden State Warriors. .. Please. That slow me down basketball we see every week in DE... Lol... Ok.. Iam done...

You right... But damn every game blowouts except for maybe 3 games... At least scout the teams first and then.. Pair each to there rankings close as possible. .. Like Westtown vs Gonzaga. . Westlake CA.. Has no business playing 4 games like they Golden State Warriors. .. Please. That slow me down basketball we see every week in DE... Lol... Ok.. Iam done...

100% agree they need to do their homework. Matchups were not good at all. Westtown, Gonzaga, Vermont Academy, Immaculate Conception & Roselle Catholic are a different level. Nobody wants to watch blowouts for 3 days. Hope today is better.

100% agree they need to do their homework. Matchups were not good at all. Westtown, Gonzaga, Vermont Academy, Immaculate Conception & Roselle Catholic are a different level. Nobody wants to watch blowouts for 3 days. Hope today is better.
Not really complaining about the teams at all... Just who playing who...Looking at todays schedule not good either... Smh..

Reddish could be the number one pick in the 2019 Draft. If you get a chance to see him later today at 6:30 I would. Westtown’s big man headed to Indiana is also a lot of fun to watch. Quite the motor and all over the floor.
The Syracuse bound Point Guard from Immaculate Conception is the real deal and was a blast to watch. To me, those were the three most impressive kids yesterday.

Moving forward I hope the tourney organizers consider the old format and let these big time teams/guys play solely during the evening session and head to head. It’d boost the event even more. Not taking anything away from the Delaware teams, but if this truly is going to be a National Tourney the local squads shouldn’t be highlighted as much.

Back to local squads, Bloodsworth was fearless yesterday and IMO is Smyrna’s best overall player. Matthews showed he’s a borderline D2 player at best. For what it’s worth, heard the Smyrna big who transferred out due to a lack of role is now a Georgetown commit. Interesting.

No... They wont win another game at the Beach.. But you think they good... Gonzaga from D.C.. Smoked them by 20 pionts with ease..smh.. You must be Slam Dunk to Beach in Alaska... Smh...

Harvard Westlake beats Dillard (lost to Westtown by 4) to go 3-1. I guess they won another game at the Beach lol. Not bad for a bunch of underclassmen. Good yes, great no.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvm3
Reddish could be the number one pick in the 2019 Draft. If you get a chance to see him later today at 6:30 I would. Westtown’s big man headed to Indiana is also a lot of fun to watch. Quite the motor and all over the floor.
The Syracuse bound Point Guard from Immaculate Conception is the real deal and was a blast to watch. To me, those were the three most impressive kids yesterday.

Moving forward I hope the tourney organizers consider the old format and let these big time teams/guys play solely during the evening session and head to head. It’d boost the event even more. Not taking anything away from the Delaware teams, but if this truly is going to be a National Tourney the local squads shouldn’t be highlighted as much.

Back to local squads, Bloodsworth was fearless yesterday and IMO is Smyrna’s best overall player. Matthews showed he’s a borderline D2 player at best. For what it’s worth, heard the Smyrna big who transferred out due to a lack of role is now a Georgetown commit. Interesting.
Your idea is great under the current state of affairs with delaware basketball but perhaps these ass whoppings is what delaware folks need to get out of our participation trophy mentality. It should be a wake up to DIAA. I say let beatings continue to keep perspective on where we need to be. That's great educational institutions that see having great sports teams as an asset.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Cape up on Caravel 17-12 after 1st quarter...Robertson w/ 10 pts, 4 rebs.

Caravel has no size. Robertson should put up 30 on put backs.
Caravel now up 36-27 at the half. Delaware basketball is dominated by the guards & if Cape’s guard play is poor then Alderman & Parker should abuse them. Caravel’s Parker has 18 shooting 6-7 from the field.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Caravel now up 36-27 at the half. Delaware basketball is dominated by the guards & if Cape’s guard play is poor then Alderman & Parker should abuse them. Caravel’s Parker has 18 shooting 6-7 from the field.
Yep.. Cape has no guards period. . Thought they could handle Caravel in the paint easily... But them guards are worser than i thought. ... Thats wats holding Cape back...

Yep.. Cape has no guards period. . Thought they could handle Caravel in the paint easily... But them guards are worser than i thought. ... Thats wats holding Cape back...

If so then they miss Cory Barnes more than they probably expected. If you put Barnes w/ Rickards & Robertson this year then I wouldn’t be surprised if they won it all...they would be the biggest threat to Smyrna & Sanford in my opinion.

If so then they miss Cory Barnes more than they probably expected. If you put Barnes w/ Rickards & Robertson this year then I wouldn’t be surprised if they won it all...they would be the biggest threat to Smyrna & Sanford in my opinion.
Miss him bad..especially size on perimeter. .

Reactions: 84rider
Cape leads Caravel 54-52 after 3 qtrs.

Cape’s Ian Robertson has 28 pts, 7 rebs.
Caravel’s Parker stuck on 18.

Cape now trying to pull away up 62-52, Parker hit w/ a Tech & pulled from the game.

Cape outlasts Caravel 89-74.

Robertson finished w/ 37 pts, 12 rebs.

My early 3-man race for POY has to be Hyland (St. George’s), Matthews (Smyrna) & Robertson (Cape). Sanford has only played 3 games thus far but I’m sure once they get going that Davis will be right there too.

Cape outlasts Caravel 89-74.

Robertson finished w/ 37 pts, 12 rebs.

My early 3-man race for POY has to be Hyland (St. George’s), Matthews (Smyrna) & Robertson (Cape). Sanford has only played 3 games thus far but I’m sure once they get going that Davis will be right there too.
I agree...beat them by 15.. Smryna beat Caravel by 9.. But Caravel will find a way to the Bob...

Not saying that's not possible, but Caravel being one of the top 4 teams in the state would be yet another loud statement about the quality of basketball in the state of Delaware.

Caravel is not a top 4 team in Delaware this year in my opinion. Although it may only take one tournament win to get to the Bob if they get a bye & win 1 home game considering that the quarterfinals have been at the Bob in the past few years.

Caravel is not a top 4 team in Delaware this year in my opinion. Although it may only take one tournament win to get to the Bob if they get a bye & win 1 home game considering that the quarterfinals have been at the Bob in the past few years.
Top 4 Smryna, Penn, Cape and Sanford... One of these 4 will the title... Penn is one scorer away i think.. But that defense might make up for that...C.R i like but aint been tested yet...

I have to disagree...yes it is the best basketball tournament in state. However, it needs to be called out for a subpar tournament. I will give it a C grade. As someone who was around when Slam dunk was run by Bobby Jacobs. I remember how great it truly was. Therefore, when it keeps getting referenced as to the best its ever been. That slanderous talk needs to stop. Bobby may of had his issues but he took care of his ppl and had the #1 tournament in the country! This year may have been one of the worst since its come back. Westtown will come because they have for 4 years straight I believe. The scheduling was terrible and there was no St. Benedicts who is a National Team and always been at Slam Dunk. In order to get a better product I believe we as locals need to call out DSC.

I was around when Bobby ran the tourney also, I didn’t say it was the best tournament ever, I simply stated that all the bitching needs to stop before we lose the tournament to a neighboring state. People like to cry and complain constantly about events here in Delaware until they are gone. Small minds in the small state. Be happy that we have something close by that we can go and watch with out driving hours. Enjoy while it’s here, it maybe gone tomorrow. #Delawarepride

I have to disagree...yes it is the best basketball tournament in state. However, it needs to be called out for a subpar tournament. I will give it a C grade. As someone who was around when Slam dunk was run by Bobby Jacobs. I remember how great it truly was. Therefore, when it keeps getting referenced as to the best its ever been. That slanderous talk needs to stop. Bobby may of had his issues but he took care of his ppl and had the #1 tournament in the country! This year may have been one of the worst since its come back. Westtown will come because they have for 4 years straight I believe. The scheduling was terrible and there was no St. Benedicts who is a National Team and always been at Slam Dunk. In order to get a better product I believe we as locals need to call out DSC.[/QUOT
All they have to do is to put it into brackets and trophies and then the big names will comeback...

I was around when Bobby ran the tourney also, I didn’t say it was the best tournament ever, I simply stated that all the bitching needs to stop before we lose the tournament to a neighboring state. People like to cry and complain constantly about events here in Delaware until they are gone. Small minds in the small state. Be happy that we have something close by that we can go and watch with out driving hours. Enjoy while it’s here, it maybe gone tomorrow. #Delawarepride
Not you saying that...they said that at the tournament. I think its the intent behind the criticism of the recent tournament. My intent is to get and set a standard and not just being happy with having a tournament but make the best product possible. If Day 1 was as competitive as Day 2 you wouldn't have these issues. If the refs were consistent and weren't calling touch fouls but not calling real contact then the players, coaches, and spectators would be happier. The 5 day slam dunk was like 25 dollars a day I believe for like 5 days of top tier basketball action. This tournament is already like 20 a day for just 6 games that isn't top tier talent or competition. So where is this price heading and where will it end up if they in fact do intend on getting to all day and top talent?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT