ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets

CLASS 1A

1. Laurel vs. 8. St. Andrews (Friday)
4. Odessa vs. 5. Tatnall (Saturday)

2. St. Elizabeth’s vs. 7. Indian River (Friday)
3. Charter vs. 6. Seaford (Saturday)

CLASS 2A
8. Newark vs. 9. Tower Hill (Saturday)(Winner plays 1. Caravel)

5. Archmere vs. 12. Concord (Saturday)(Winner plays 4. Howard)

7. Red Lion vs. 10. Delmar (Saturday)(Winner plays 2. Saint Marks)

6. Lake Forest vs. DMA (Friday)(Winner plays 3. Friends)

CLASS 3A
1. Smyrna vs. 8. Cape (Friday)
4. Middletown vs. 5. Sallies (Saturday)

2. Appo vs. 7. St. George’s (Friday)
3. Sussex Central vs. 6. Dover (Saturday)

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
i hope that change next year - 8 from each group makes sense. As it now, 1,2,3A play week 1 and 2, then 1 and 3 take a week off, while 2 plays THen all 3 play on championship saturday
It does change next year. Only 8 will get in.

This is the proposal that passed

315560130_10160001236930743_7487140794292475929_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Bob, or anyone who knows…..when will the enrollments come out? And how soon will we know what teams move from classes so the new schedule can come out.

Hey Bob, or anyone who knows…..when will the enrollments come out? And how soon will we know what teams move from classes so the new schedule can come out.

I assume you meant Bib..lol enrollment report is out,, here is the link.. from the meeting minutes from when they approved the new changes everything should be ready for Dec meeting for review so the process of teams asking to move and deciding who should move is already underway..

remember you have to add the special ed counts as well to the total for DIAA classification

doesn't include private schools either..

Reactions: MTownCavs09
Howard has small increase from 2020. 875 to 889

I'll post the numbers and start another thread

Last edited:
Just an observation... The first round of the 3A playoffs are all intra-district matchups. The second round will be out of district matchups

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Playoff schedule-

11/18/2022
7:00 PM​
Appoquinimink HSSt. Georges Tech HSAppoquinimink HSONLINE TICKET SALES ONLY VIA GO FAN - PURCHASING INFO TBDInfo
11/18/2022
Lake Forest HSDE Military AcademyLake Forest HSTickets will be available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov.15 at 7:00AM.Info
11/18/2022
Laurel HSSt. Andrew's SchoolLaurel HS/MSDIAA Class 1A (1st Round State Tournament)Info
11/18/2022
Smyrna HSCape Henlopen HSSmyrna HS1st Rd of DIAA State Tournament-Tickets MUST be Bought online at GoFan.coInfo
11/18/2022
St. Elizabeth HSIndian River HSAbessinio StadiumInfo
11/19/2022
11:00 AM​
Archmere AcademyConcord HSArchmere AcademyDIAA First Round- Admission $5-All tickets must be purchased on GO Fan - No cash-No pets pleaseInfo
11/19/2022
11:00 AM​
Newark HSTower Hill SchoolNewark HSDIAA Class 2A Football Championship Round 1Info
11/19/2022
12:00 PM​
Charter School of WilmingtonSeaford HSCharter School of WilmingtonQuarterFinalsInfo
11/19/2022
Middletown HSSalesianum SchoolMiddletown HS-Cavalier StadiumDIAA state tournament; tickets will be available on Go Fan mid-weekInfo
11/19/2022
Odessa High SchoolTatnall SchoolOdessa High SchoolDIAA State Quarterfinals: tickets will be available on Go Fan mid-weekInfo
11/19/2022
Red Lion CADelmar HS/MSRed Lion CADIAA class 2A 1st round state tournamentInfo
11/19/2022
Sussex Central HSDover HSSussex Central HSFirst Round 3A State TournamentInfo

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
Are there any teams that have a “favorable” bracket? Are there any teams with a “tough path” to a championship?

Are there any teams that have a “favorable” bracket? Are there any teams with a “tough path” to a championship?
I think in 3A, you could argue that all 4 teams in the bottom half of the bracket have a “favorable” path to the title game.

Reactions: DelaNewb
there are no easy paths to a championship in the playoffs

Of course. And I agree.

I was just wondering if there were any scenarios created by the brackets that might favor a team here or there based on matchups. Or maybe a team had some losses because of injured players. Or a team now has ineligible players because of grades. Etc etc.

Every 19709 High School is in The Dance.
This may be a cry for a 19709 football ranking.
Have at it, cavaliercharlie.
Thank you for the vote of confidence. However, I must graciously decline.

At this present time I am very busy at the art of C12H22O11 double distillation.

I am following the silkiest of the SPL where my youngest son coaches. He will start paying for his eight sided tam this May.

Also, I have been following my grandson who plays for Caravel (#3). As you can see this is a lot travelling from Marcus Hook.

Please tell me yin ain't using corn for that..lot's of cornfields down that way..well used to be..

BrilliantUnpleasantGalapagoshawk-max-1mb.gif
Marvin POPCORN SUTTON arguably the greatest moonshiner, bootlegger of non-government approved distilled spirits.

"Jesus turned water into wine, I turned it into damn likker"

Also, he has a funny grave marker, if you get time, check it out before the tourney starts. I gotta go, my slobber box is puking over.

what i have heard
Friends host Lake at Abessinio Friday @ 1pm,
Red Lion @ St Marks Friday 7pm
MT @ Smyrna Friday @ 7
Seaford @ St E(Abessinio) Sat @ 7pm
Howard/Archmere Saturday 1pm (Abessinio)

No other sport reseeds after any round. That completely disregards a lower seed stepping up and getting it done on the field/court, what have you. If an 8th beats a 1, you want them to now play a 2 or 3? Come on, now.

be interesting to see how the attendance differs from last year's MT/Smyrna at UofD and this year's final

I agree with what someone said on here before. I think the rivalry atmosphere between these two goes to a different standard when the game is played at either schools field than if it was at UD. The one year…2017 both towns and communities filled UD more than UD did for a college game but it’s not the same. The games are offered online now. But being so close I think the people will come out more. I predict a sell out for this game.

I also predict that the winner of this game, whether it’s Smyrna or Middletown won’t have much competition from Dover or St. George’s in the Championship (with all due respect to them) It might be one of the least most competitive 3A/Division 1 championship in decades. I’m not complaining about the seeding or reseeding. Middletown played their schedule (that they themselves set) and it ended the way it did to end up the 4th seed so no complaints. However I do believe seeds should be reseeded.

Last edited:
If an 8th beats a 1, you want them to now play a 2 or 3?
Yes. You’re the 8 seed. You knocked off the 1 seed. Congrats. Prove it wasn’t a fluke and that you are truly deserving of the right to play in the championship game.

Higher seeds should be rewarded with games against lower seeded opponents. Higher seeding means more success during the regular season. That is what should be rewarded, not winning one game in the playoffs

The NFL reseeds. The 2005 Steelers and the 2010 Packers both won a Super Bowl entering the playoffs as a 6 seed

Last edited:
Yes. You’re the 8 seed. You knocked off the 1 seed. Congrats. Prove it wasn’t a fluke and that you are truly deserving of the right to play in the championship game.

Higher seeds should rewarded with games against lower seeded opponents. Higher seeding means more success during the regular season. That is what should be rewarded, not winning one game in the playoffs

The NFL reseeds. The 2005 Steelers and the 2010 Packers both won a Super Bowl entering the playoffs as a 6 seed
sounds like the right way to do it

Reactions: nomorenonstop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT