ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets

To repeat, no other sport reseeds in Delaware. Try doing that with wrestling and see how it goes. And if an 8 beats a 1, they get a 4 or 5, which is a higher seed. They automatically have to keep proving it.

No need to repeat yourself. I read and comprehended your original post

the-simpsons-lie-detector.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
I have no idea how wrestling works so not sure there.

Football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, basketball, baseball should all reseed after each round.

That is my opinion. You have your opinion. It is ok that they are different

I can tell you from personal experience with wrestling that you get seeded from your body of work through the season. I have rarely seen someone not get seeded where they were not "supposed" to be seeded. I have seen upsets through out my time that shook up the brackets. If they tried to reseed a bracket after each round they would have mess on their hands from just the complexity of brackets and the uprising from fans/parents/wrestlers. But during a tournament if you aren't seeded in the top 4 you are always wrestling a higher seed unless there is a upset. Just my opinion, might be wrong.

I have no idea how wrestling works so not sure there.

Football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, basketball, baseball should all reseed after each round.

That is my opinion. You have your opinion. It is ok that they are different
Football is a much different sport than the others you are talking about, Football plays weekly, I believe the rest are semi daily and as far as tournaments go daily, in wrestling you could wrestle multiple people in a given day. I see the inability to reseed there, but in a weekly sport, reseeding is absolutely doable and I my eyes preferred.

Reactions: nomorenonstop
Football is a much different sport than the others you are talking about, Football plays weekly, I believe the rest are semi daily and as far as tournaments go daily, in wrestling you could wrestle multiple people in a given day. I see the inability to reseed there, but in a weekly sport, reseeding is absolutely doable and I my eyes preferred.
Appo was a very very solid team this year, does anyone think they were 2nd best team in 3a? Also, anyone think Wilmington friends is the 3rd best team in 2A, reseeding would give us the best possible matchup for the final game, think about last year, the state championship game for 2a was really the semifinal between Archmere and DMA, either one of those teams was beating woodbridge, not reseeding would not have changed that last year, but it would give us a shot at Middletown/Smyrna final this year

This is only an issue because Middletown and Smyrna are playing in the semifinals. It would be nice to have them in the final, but it also will be refreshing to see Dover or St. Georges playing in a few weeks. Both are big schools, so attendance should not take a hit.

Funny that DMA got mentioned. They are the reason the district winners are the top seeds this year. They won their district last year and were the fifth seed. If that didn't change this season, Appo would not have been second in 3A this season. Middletown then moves up a spot and is on the other side of the bracket this year.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT