ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly Must Go!!

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
We were able to get rid of one Kelly last year...that genius Chip....now it is time to get rid of the ND genius, Brian Kelly. God, he is horrible!!!! When is the last time ND won a big game? He is like 1-9 in games decided by less than 4 points.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...eorgia-football-spt-0910-20170909-column.html

I call Salesianum the Slowskys. The Irish are a below average college team in terms of speed and quickness.......Why? they can recruit. What the hell's going out there? Read Wimbush's quote in the article..."I never saw a team that fast..." I love you, Brandon, but Georgia is one of the slower teams in the SEC. Then Kelly gets pissy with a reporter who asks him a real question.

NBC renewed that FB exclusive contract unit 2025. If you check out all of the details...ND gets like $5 mill clear a game (and that is a conservative work up)....they finally have gotten their stadium close to a real college FB stadium....and what do the fans do...they resell their tickets so that Georgia had 35% of the fans at a nationally televised high profile game.

Fire Kelly and that damn $50K hair plug restoration head of his...

Hey, Father Jenkins, get off the Irish wallet and hire a real AD...and real FB coach...even if you bring in Bob Stoops for 3 years....and transition over to a real coach.
(You got lucky when you got Mike Brey...that was divine intervention...)

Being a Notre Dame fan is painful.

Why do I even care? Ara and Knute and Frank Leahy are rolling over in their graves.

I think if Kizer had stayed..ND would have won that game last night. Why did he leave? Because he knew Kelly was not going to coach the team up to where Kizer would have been a first round pick.

Kelly must go.

Yes Uncle Bummy you are right. I think he started to think he was Notre Dame and forgot what they hired him to do. What do they so know? It's hard to get that right guy. Would a KC Keeler do it? His head got hime in trouble at Delaware but he CAN Coach

Kelly lost me when he dug up the hollowed ground and put in field turf WTF I dont think I will ever get over that What a egotistical jackass

Last edited:
His stated reasoning for this was that it was easier to recruit players with speed if you had turf. I kind of gave him a pass on that one and put that in the whole context of the stadium rebuild that they were doing. The hell with the field.........the job is too big for him.

Uncle Bummy; you are a real headscratcher. Sometimes you are spot on and others just tone deaf like this Notre Dame nonsense. I will say this....ND will never again win a national championship. Neither will Vanderbilt, Stanford, or Northwestern. These colleges have one thing in common....rigorous academics. No dummies need apply. A year ago, ND had six players kicked off the team for academics, a number of them were starters. About 20 years ago, it suddenly dawned on big time college presidents that money could be made by gunning their football and basketball programs. In a effort to cash in on the money pot they let anybody into to those schools who could barely print their name. Of those six players, I just alluded to how many of them would have been kicked off their team at say Alabama, Baylor, Oklahoma?? My guess is none. The walking brain dead syndrone has now crept down into the high school ranks with kids playing musical schools to get the best media attention for their athletic, repeat "athletic" skills. The whole business has become rotten. The Netflix series, " Last Chance U" makes this painfully obvious. Some schools like ND will never change the things they stand for and that is to be respected.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
If Stanford can compete...so should ND. Brey will win a Bball national title before the FB program does

Hey, dovetail. I am RC. You come across a little sanctimonious with the Catholics vs. Convicts allusion.
The Irish have had their share of convicts.

ND should be in the NCAA FB tournament 2-3 times a decade.

Guys who could get it done...John Harbaugh, James Franklin, Bob Stoops, Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern). That's a starter list.

Hey, dovetail. I am RC. You come across a little sanctimonious with the Catholics vs. Convicts allusion.
The Irish have had their share of convicts.

ND should be in the NCAA FB tournament 2-3 times a decade.

Guys who could get it done...John Harbaugh, James Franklin, Bob Stoops, Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern). That's a starter list.

Salve, Bummy; I didn't invent the phrase. Getting back to the guys who could get it done you forgot to mention Urban Meyer who dropped the offer like a red hot stove and opted for more academically challenging OSU. Kelly has been a winner at every level he has coached at and Cincinatti hasn't been the same since he left. As long as ND has that nice tv contract and 10 million viewers every Saturday, Kelly stays.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Control. I suspect that both you and dovetail are Salesianum alums. My daughter is engaged to a clone. Great kid.
Good family. Hard working... Great temperament. Treats my daughter like gold.

He doesn't have good foot speed or lateral quickness, Hey, he's a clone.

Control. I suspect that both you and dovetail are Salesianum alums. My daughter is engaged to a clone. Great kid.
Good family. Hard working... Great temperament. Treats my daughter like gold.

He doesn't have good foot speed or lateral quickness, Hey, he's a clone.
No, I never graduated from High School. I went to ECA for the Academic value right after summer school.

Brandon Wimbush could be a Tony Rice like leader. The Irish should get out of Boston today but they are soft. It breaks my heart.

I made my post in 3rd quarter. BC played them even in the first half. I hope Wimbush doesn't get injured toting the rock so damn much...

That post was in a moment of anger. I hope the Irish win the National title and that Kelly (like that other Kelly) goes to the NFL and gets a lesson in humility. Bummy is an ND fan not a Kelly fan.

I admit the Irish are on an impressive run. If they go 11-1 it will be tough keeping them out of the dance.
...at this moment I would have Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and the Irish.......

@spartakos, big game Saturday night, word on the street is, you are manufacturing and selling the “Catholics vs Convicts” tees, how much? Can I get one please, just asking wasn’t trying to shine light on your undercover ops !!!

@spartakos, big game Saturday night, word on the street is, you are manufacturing and selling the “Catholics vs Convicts” tees, how much? Can I get one please, just asking wasn’t trying to shine light on your undercover ops !!!
There goes his opportunity to walk on to the badminton team.

Reactions: 84rider
That was a different era. Now, the on field comportment of most teams is very similar.. ND (and I am a fan) has had a lot of kids over the last 5 years have run ins with the law. They also had a cheating scandal which they self reported and suspended players.

I don't like Kelly. He will find a way to lose to the Canes. If Wake Forest got all those yards against them the Canes will put up 500. Miami 35, ND 21,

That was a different era. Now, the on field comportment of most teams is very similar.. ND (and I am a fan) has had a lot of kids over the last 5 years have run ins with the law. They also had a cheating scandal which they self reported and suspended players.

I don't like Kelly. He will find a way to lose to the Canes. If Wake Forest got all those yards against them the Canes will put up 500. Miami 35, ND 21,
Miami is very overrated. I have ND 38-17.

Reactions: 84rider
"I don't like Kelly. He will find a way to lose to the Canes. If Wake Forest got all those yards against them the Canes will put up 500. Miami 35, ND 21,"

Way back in the day when Bummy's mom was carrying him she was frighten by a guy who was a Sallies grad and wearing an ND sweatshirt.

Reactions: Chesdel
People don’t like Kelly because if his arrogance and How he shows up and treats his players on the sidelines. He actually said this publicly. There was a good interview he did this year talking about how he had to really do some self assessment at the end of last year. Self Awareness as a coach is a very underrated skill. Kelly acknowledging his shortcomings shows the mark of a great coach. My opinion is ND best football is ahead of them.

Best coach they’ve had in years .

That's not saying much. Bob Davies, Ty Willingham, Charlie Weis.......Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara, and Lou Holtz are the caliber of coaches you should have at ND. Even Dan Devine was a solid coach. Kelly will show all of us ND fans again....on Saturday night.....there will be no joy in Catholic Americana..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT