ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly Must Go!!

That's not saying much. Bob Davies, Ty Willingham, Charlie Weis.......Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara, and Lou Holtz are the caliber of coaches you should have at ND. Even Dan Devine was a solid coach. Kelly will show all of us ND fans again....on Saturday night.....there will be no joy in Catholic Americana..

No worries if they fail Sat Kelly will just recruit some more academically questionable players who will cheat but only cheat better as he learned from the last time.. He needs to recruit kids who are better at cheating and not get caught.. lol

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Ty Willingham got a raw deal there .

I don’t get all the hate on Kelly. Yeah he’s arrogant and he yells at guys on the sideline . What coach doesn’t ? My opinion is that I want an arrogant guy running my team . You need a coach with an attitude .

Notre Dame has more academic standards than most DI football programs especially those schools in the SEC with the exception of Vanderbilt .

Ty Willingham got a raw deal there .

I don’t get all the hate on Kelly. Yeah he’s arrogant and he yells at guys on the sideline . What coach doesn’t ? My opinion is that I want an arrogant guy running my team . You need a coach with an attitude .

Notre Dame has more academic standards than most DI football programs especially those schools in the SEC with the exception of Vanderbilt .
Notre Dame was seeking a higher academic profile when they hired Willingham away from Stanford. He succeeded in carrying that out. He started out great but he ended up basically as a .500 coach his last 2 years. He still had a year left on his contract when he was let go. Some folks said that wasn't right because forgettable Jerry Faust was allowed to finish out his contract and it wasn't renewed. The Irish did can Fatty Weis before his contract was up. Jesus, Weis was full of it. He was able to go to FLA and become a decent O coordinator....all the while ND was paying him like $5M a year...then he goes to Kansas and gets canned. I think one year he got paid $9 M not to coach. I know there are some folks here who would pay me not to post.

I will give kudos to Kelly if they beat Miami, Navy, and Stanford....even if they get beat in the dance.

Bummy if you will buy me 3 pierogies at the next Polish festival and play a polka on your accordion at Riverfront next fall I will take that deal and forgo any previous contracts

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
That's not saying much. Bob Davies, Ty Willingham, Charlie Weis.......Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara, and Lou Holtz are the caliber of coaches you should have at ND. Even Dan Devine was a solid coach. Kelly will show all of us ND fans again....on Saturday night.....there will be no joy in Catholic Americana..
Interestingly enough, only 5 coaches have coached 100 games at Notre Dame. They are Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Lou Holtz and... Brian Kelly.
*correction, next game is Kelly's 100th game*

Last edited:
considering the history .. thats kind of a red flag.. Maybe ND should't be so quick on the trigger,, but ND politics is just as bad as anywhere..

No worries if they fail Sat Kelly will just recruit some more academically questionable players who will cheat but only cheat better as he learned from the last time.. He needs to recruit kids who are better at cheating and not get caught.. lol
Notre Dame's Football graduation success rate is 93%. That is 6th in the country. Just saying.

Reactions: 84rider
Well ND grad rates as a school or football scholarship grad rates? If the latter what are the percentages of football scholarship grad rates of Kelly recruits compared to the history of ND football scholarship grad rates before him or 15 years ago?

Don't think there is any data base you can research and come up with the numbers but ND has eased academic requirements to recruit better players and Kelly has taken that to a Ohio State, Alabama, Fla State level

Well ND grad rates as a school or football scholarship grad rates? If the latter what are the percentages of football scholarship grad rates of Kelly recruits compare to the history of them?
I said football graduation rates. The overall student athlete graduation rate is 98 percent, highest in the country for the past 11 years straight. As for football, Kelly took over in 2010. Rates have been 96, 97, 97, 93, 94, 93, 93.

Bummy if you will buy me 3 pierogies at the next Polish festival and play a polka on your accordion at Riverfront next fall I will take that deal and forgo any previous contracts
U can't just willy-nilly cancel contracts like that, all changes must go through the board.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Mark Richt is a great FB coach. Georgia got rid of a buttoned down guy.

The goal of some ND influencers is to have ND have a solid year and hope Kelly gets the Cleveland Browns job. Please note that Bob Stoops quit the Oklahoma job.( ND has really only stolen one FB coach under contract..Ty Willingham...).....and Stoops would be available.

My personal prediction for last night was that Miami would dominate play and would win like 31-21. Last night's stinker only confirms my long standing distrust of "big game Brian."

Even Lou Holtz lost games at Miami with relatively equal talent. Maybe this is how good Miami is. Richt may get revenge on the SEC in the dance.

I am an ND fan and am in pain. Doctor, Doctor...

snatch-brad-pitt-1120x600.jpg

The gold chains are kids having fun......Jesus, do you expect kids to sit around with their game face like they were in the US Senate voting on tax reform?

.....and Richt is a great coach. Hell, dove, there are probably 25 great college FB coaches in the USA. Rocco at UD happens to be one of them. They might not win at Nova next week but the program is back.

I hope the Irish win out and win on New Years day........then maybe BK will go to the Browns and the Irish faithful will get a real man of faith and real FB coach like Bob Stoops.

I think the Giants or SALS will come after Kelly. I would love to see Stoops at ND. Shame fall ended early.

lol Bummy Kelly did have the puss face all game... like it was everyone else's fault but his...

watching with lil rooster.. ND not going to lose.. Navy is game but just doesnt have the horses dilly dilly

Last edited:
That was a BS horse collar call on ND.. kid pulled him down by the shoulder blade on the pads not the "collar"

Reactions: Chesdel
That trick play was there but North West Regiona NJ alumn Trumbetti blew it up.. lil rooster played against that guy

watching with lil rooster.. ND not going to lose.. Navy is game but just doesnt have the houeses dilly dilly

Dam, I love an option team. Has there ever been a DE high school team that ran one. I'd love to see the Sals run that thing. BDN would warm to it running on every down and such.

Its to old school..putting the ball in the air only three things can happen and two of them are bad

Eagle, you know I am an Irish fan. Just don't like BK.
A win on the road against Stanford gets them to a Big pay day
on New Years Day. We will see if Kelly can pull it off.

Think its been a successful year regardless of what happens the rest of the year, nobody thought the Irish would win more than 8 games, hopefully a nice road win this week. I'd like to see Notre Dame play a New Years 6 game and finally WIN a big one. But who knows.

The Irish fell apart their last 3 1/2 games....the second half against Wake, Miami, Navy and then Stanford. Beat Navy barely...

Time for Father Jenkins to can Kelly.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT