ADVERTISEMENT

Cape Archmere

Alaxer46

Getting reps on JV
May 27, 2008
Anyone see the game? Two close losses for Cape to Archmere and Friends. Any predictions for the Archmere Friends game coming up?

Has anyone seen both the Auks and Sals this year? Any comments on who is the stronger team? Sals have obviosly played a more difficult schedule. But Auks have beaten everyone placed in front of them. We will see them play each other soon enough

Was at the beach last weekend and caught some of the game. Cape is decent but young - mostly sophs per the roster in their program. Was less impressed with the Auks rather than impressed with Cape but teams are still developing. Saw the Sals earlier this season and have to think they would prevail at this point.

Cape is very talented but very young which could hurt them come tournament time.Overall they are definitely a top 5 team. The Auks are very skilled with garrahan and the beatson on offense and Russell playing solid in the pipes. My rankings are as follows so far.
1) Sals
2) Tower Hill
3) Friends
4) Archmere
5) Cape
6) CR
7) Charter
8) St. Marks

With alot of matchups still to come, it is hard to tell the tournament seedings right now.

It was a great game and both goalies played phenomenally, but the offense was ugly on both parts. Cape runs through Benson and only Benson. He's very good but he can't run the offense on his own. I believe that Cape was missing one of their best midfielders that game so I'm guessing that won't be a problem. Archmere's offense played pretty poorly, with a lot of bad shots and horrible off-ball play, but they came up when they needed too. Both defenses did an incredible job, particularly the archmere defense, because cape seemed to possess the ball for a vast majority of the game. I'd look for both teams to make deep playoff runs as they continue to develop through the season.

How exactly will the playoff's be different with 16 teams...the top four still pretty much have a bye week. They will crush whatever team is 13-16. I really didn't see the point in expanding the playoff's.

Just saw TH lost to friends...Friends is looking pretty legit this year I haven't seen them play yet though.

Things are looking pretty tight at the top this year...Sallies still the team to beat with 4-5 teams looking to challange that.

I think they expanded the playoffs because of the large increase of schools in DE who now sponser lacrosse programs. I wish they would have found a way though to give the top teams a first round bye since it makes for a lot of first round mismatches.Keep in mind though, for many teams just making the playoffs will be an accomplishment in itself just like it is for the NCAA Basketball Tournament for teams from the non power conferances.

Laxdude is absolutely correct. The playoffs will stay the same with the top seeds crushing the low seeds. It's nice in my opinion to get more teams involved since we have 43 teams in the state. Every other playoffs has more. I heard DII football was looking to expand to 8 because there are more DII now with football.
But let's be honest Sallies, Archmere, Tower Hill, Friends, CR, and Cape this year are going to kill there first round opponents. We have to many level of play in Delaware. Those teams are the top than the Polytechs and Dovers are second level who get throttled when they play the first level team but who kill the DMA and StE teams but these teams beat the low level teams bad. I don't know how to fix it but it is great for some new schools each year to experience the playoffs but you are right the outcome is the same.

@Mik Cant Believe you put CR in the top catagory. As you say, Lets be honest... When CR goes up North they get throttled, check the record and schedule. CR is just the top of the second level teams.

CinqueB I hear you on that. I thought about it right after I wrote that down because you are right they got beat 12-5 to Sallies but than beat Charter 18-5 who I think is a pretty good level 2 school. I would still say CR is in that top level "THIS YEAR." I think having 6 teams in the top level is ok. If they are not they are above all in level 2 because they killed Charter and Dover who I think are good level 2 teams that beat most of their opponents on their schedule.

CR bagged Tower and Archmere from their schedule...called to request to bail out...wow! They got killed every year and it hurt their rankings come tourney time. I guess they feel it will help them get a better seed to beat other weaker teams by 20 goals. They never pull their starters for the whole game from what I hear. Then they come up North and get beat by 10 in the tourney....whatever

They do have a pretty easy schedule I didn't know they dropped Tower and Archmere...I don't know the Reason behind it so I won't say they asked to stop playing them. Honestly they have a legit chance at going 14-1. Cape is their only other tough game.

Last..look at the box scores, their goals in the 4th quarter go down significantly from the few games I looked at so it doesn't look like they are running it up for the entire game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT