ADVERTISEMENT

Cape at Smryna

Hoopsdownstate2

Good all around Player
Jun 30, 2017
My take is Smryna will lock up the Henlopen North tonight after beating Cape tonight.... Any thoughts...

I think Smyrna is the better team so anything but a win by them would be a surprise to me.

My take is Smryna will lock up the Henlopen North tonight after beating Cape tonight.... Any thoughts...
I like Smyrna & if it is a close game Smyrna’s experienced backcourt of Bloodsworth & Matthews will make a huge difference. I don’t want to count Cape out though because of that 1-2 punch of Robertson & Rickards.

I like Smyrna & if it is a close game Smyrna’s experienced backcourt of Bloodsworth & Matthews will make a huge difference. I don’t want to count Cape out though because of that 1-2 punch of Robertson & Rickards.
They beat Cape first time without Garnett easily. .. Cape has no chance.. Will loose by 15 or better... Guard play is the key... Take Smryna senior guards to destroy Cape guards again. .

50-33 Cape after 3 quarters. Smyrna giving up layup after layup.

Cape up 61-42 Cape & Smyrna continues to give up layups. Smyrna simply looks BAD tonight & Cape looks like the better team.

Rickards dishing out big work on the block, gets an and 1 on Garnett, Garnett gets teched up afterwards for his 5th foul. Cape to 69-44.

I sure would like to know what changed from the first meeting to now because Cape came to play tonight. Wowsers.
That was the best man to man defense i seen in many years... Cape did not trap one time in the game.. Straight man to man and Smryna simply could do nothing but fold... Cape play like that.. Nobodys beating..

Smyrna had one bad game and y'all knocking them out of the box... Are you kidding me? This will only make Smyrna STRONGER. Mark my words! Nothing changed. Period.
Nobody knocking them out the box... Cape just was the better team tonight..

Henlopen North is going to be a nice battle this season. The top 5 Cape,Smyrna,Tech, CR and Dover will be battle tested come tourney time.imo

I still think Smyrna, who will be playing the next couple of games with a chip on their shoulders, is still the favorite imo

I still think Smyrna, who will be playing the next couple of games with a chip on their shoulders, is still the favorite imo
84 rider i dont know... Wat i just seen... Cape is better right now... C.R used press on Smryna.. Cape went man to man on defense whole game..Smryna simply couldn't guard Cape period.. It was like a lay up drill..smh

Smyrna had one bad game and y'all knocking them out of the box... Are you kidding me? This will only make Smyrna STRONGER. Mark my words! Nothing changed. Period.
I couldn't care less about either of these teams but how can you say nothing changed? Smyrna beat Cape the first time they played. Then last night, Smyrna had their a$$es handed to them, on their home court. I think something changed.

I couldn't care less about either of these teams but how can you say nothing changed? Smyrna beat Cape the first time they played. Then last night, Smyrna had their a$$es handed to them, on their home court. I think something changed.
I try to tell them that... I was there.. Cape was better lastnight... To get beat like that... ... Smh.. Cape could of beat them by 30... Gave Smryna a break and put the bench... To me.. Smryna folded... Matthews was hounded allnight long ... Him and Bloodworth could do nothing on the defense end either...

I said the state was wide open this year and Cape DDTing Smyrna on their home floor proves it. It's really about who's playing the best and who's the hottest at tournament time.

Reactions: jvm3 and 84rider
I said the state was wide open this year and Cape DDTing Smyrna on their home floor proves it. It's really about who's playing the best and who's the hottest at tournament time.
I agree... 2 best teams playing great baskeball right now is Penn and Cape.. Still half a season to go...

Yes, last night's game was crazy by far. I'm a big fan of both teams. There was a lot of mistake I seen last night from all the Smyrna players and the dumb referrers. Mears got to start playing his bench a lot more, his starting five players were tired. Matthew and Garnett was definitely not playing their game last night. Bloodsworth was playing a great game but just couldn't do everything. Garnett fouled out and got a tech and too many turnovers. Veasley-Johnson was just making too many mistake last night. The big guys were having a hard time making a simple layup. Bloodsworth I can say he played until the end, I just love his game, he stayed cool even though they were trying to hold him, push him and grabbing all over him, he still held his cool. At the end of the day, Cape played a great game and hopefully they will see each other again in the play-offs...

Last edited:
Yes, last night's game was crazy by far. I'm a big fan of both teams. There was a lot of mistake I seen last night from all the Smyrna players and the dumb referrers. Mears got to start playing his bench a lot more, his starting five players were tired. Matthew and Garnett was definitely not playing their game last night. Bloodsworth was playing a great game but just couldn't do everything. Garnett fouled out and got a tech and too many turnovers. Veasley-Johnson was just making too many mistake last night. The big guys were having a hard time making a simple layup. Bloodsworth I can say he played until the end, I just love his game, he stayed cool even though they were trying to hold him, push him and crabbing all over him, he still held his cool. At the end of the day, Cape played a great game and hopefully they will see each other again in the play-offs...
Lol.. Hold, push, grab..... That was just tight defense and Smryna had no answer.. Lol... Thats was an old fashion ass whooping ... Lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT