ADVERTISEMENT

Cape vs Mt.Pleasant

Cape holds Mount to a 2 point 3rd quarter.
32-28 Cape heading into the 4th quarter
quick question for anyone out there, but saw the first half of Mt-cape game and Mt subs way too much, wont that hurt team chemistry, these kids need to play together

quick question for anyone out there, but saw the first half of Mt-cape game and Mt subs way too much, wont that hurt team chemistry, these kids need to play together
Mount better thank god Ali came over because without him they are below average...

If it's that wide open the favorite is clearly STAN. He seems to be head and shoulders above the rest and he GETS OUT OF THE WAY. Other coaches woukd have been in Mickeys way last year. Trying to get him to run their system. Stan demanded defensive intensity, made sure everyone knew their role and he let Dixon play.

Reactions: basketball24/7
St
If it's that wide open the favorite is clearly STAN. He seems to be head and shoulders above the rest and he GETS OUT OF THE WAY. Other coaches woukd have been in Mickeys way last year. Trying to get him to run their system. Stan demanded defensive intensity, made sure everyone knew their role and he let Dixon play.
Stan simply dont have the horses.. Only Davis... He will not win this year..

Thoughts on game and comments before...

Mount coach likes use a lot of players. I think too many. Agree you need to develop cohesion. Need to get down to 7-8 man rotation. Not sure she'll do it.

Stan is a big factor. With talent level down, Sanford is in the mix.

I see Rickards as a good athlete but not necessarily a good basketball player. Not impressed with Cape. Mount will get better as season goes on.

Smyrna's coach blew any chance for them to win the game at the end. McNamara was working to run out the clock. Smyrna needed to foul a lot with only 2 fouls in the second half. They wasted a lot of time figuring it out. They also had a side out under the basket down 3 with 11.2 seconds left and he did not call time out. They had 2 left. Big time confusion. Had another chance with 2.8 seconds left. They ran a play that the whole building knew was coming with Matthews throwing the ball in to a player and trying to get it back for a shot. McNamara had been over playing him all day. Did not even come close to getting a shot off.

After watching the other games yesterday the Cape vs Mount game was like watching a JV game.

Smyrna's coach blew any chance for them to win the game at the end. McNamara was working to run out the clock. Smyrna needed to foul a lot with only 2 fouls in the second half. They wasted a lot of time figuring it out. They also had a side out under the basket down 3 with 11.2 seconds left and he did not call time out. They had 2 left. Big time confusion. Had another chance with 2.8 seconds left. They ran a play that the whole building knew was coming with Matthews throwing the ball in to a player and trying to get it back for a shot. McNamara had been over playing him all day. Did not even come close to getting a shot off.

After watching the other games yesterday the Cape vs Mount game was like watching a JV game.
I agree but Smryna game wasnt that great either... I come to realize DE teams are really down this year. Few good players in state but far as teams.. Real weak this year...

Thoughts on game and comments before...

Mount coach likes use a lot of players. I think too many. Agree you need to develop cohesion. Need to get down to 7-8 man rotation. Not sure she'll do it.

Stan is a big factor. With talent level down, Sanford is in the mix.

I see Rickards as a good athlete but not necessarily a good basketball player. Not impressed with Cape. Mount will get better as season goes on.
If you not in impressed with Cape .. You shouldnt be impressed with Mount either... Besides Ali .. They have no scorers at all... Dnt see how much better Mount can get... You score 2 pionts in 1 quarter and consider number 1 team in state... Iam least impressed than Mount than Cape....

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
A quick question, "How many coaches does Mt. Pleasant have and where did they all come from"? Does each athlete have an individual coach?

They have every coach who was fired or was not asked to stay with the school from another program in the past two years. Bunch of chip chasers. Mr. fired from Appo, Mr. You can leave we only wanted your brother while at Howard, Mr. Rago is gone so you can pack sand also.

Last edited:
They have every coach who was fired or was not asked to stay with the school from another program in the past two years. Bunch of chip chasers. Mr. fired from Appo, Mr. You can leave we only wanted you brother while at Howard, Mr. Rago is gone so you can pack sand also.
Well put

They have every coach who was fired or was not asked to stay with the school from another program in the past two years. Bunch of chip chasers. Mr. fired from Appo, Mr. You can leave we only wanted you brother while at Howard, Mr. Rago is gone so you can pack sand also.
Could be some guys who like coaching kids in a game they are passionate about. Unlike hide behind screen name wanna-be's.

Bishop McNamara beat Our Savior in their second game at slam.

So Bishop McNamara comes in Slam Dunk To The Beach @ 1-8 & beats 2 previously undefeated teams in Smyrna (5-0, now 5-1) & Our Savior New American (NY) (4-0, now 4-1)...that goes to show you it is all about your strength of schedule especially when playing teams outside of Delaware. I still think Smyrna will be right there contending for the chip in Delaware though & although it was only one game I think that they look better than Mt. Pleasant.

The officiating of the henlopen refs in this tournament vs regular season has been very different. They are letting them play. Woukd love to see this continue.

Reactions: basketball24/7

My thoughts exactly...if there is no clear cut fav then I'm going to side with the best coach who has talent just young talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT