ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2023 college players

Yamir Knight, Smyrna (James Madison)

Desmond Aladuge, Milford (Duke)

Luke Watson,Saint Mark’s (Temple)

Michael Pearson III, Middletown (Navy)

Josh Roberson, Middletown (Stonehill College)

Anwar O’Neal, Middletown (Delaware)

Nate Chandler, Smyrna (Sacred Heart)

Tahirou Balde, Caesar Rodney (Delaware State)

Markell Holman, Smyrna (Army)

Chris Albero, Archmere (Franklin and Marshall)

Keishawn Mansfield, Cape Henlopen (DSU)

Carter Rasin, Red Lion (DSU)

Nate Ray, Salesianum (UD)

James Collins, Salesianum (UD)

Lenniek Preston, Conrad (Kutztown)

Last edited:
Anyone know where Green and Coombes landed after turning down scholarships to go to IMG?

Does anyone know what Elijah Husser from Appo is doing next year? He's a big kid. Some school had to pick him up.

Reactions: trapblock22
Does anyone know what Elijah Husser from Appo is doing next year? He's a big kid. Some school had to pick him up.
Didn't realize he was that big kid that was at Red Lion a couple years ago. Wondered where he went. doh!...I can't find anything on him as far as next year. He doesn't seem to put out anything on social media, not on any recruiting sites either. Coach was hyping him hard on appo football twitter though but not really sure if that does much, Twitter is literally littered with coaches and players hyping themselves. I seriously doubt college coaches are scouring the hundreds of thousands if not millions of "hey look at me" tweets out there. I suppose parents like to see them though 🤠

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Didn't realize he was that big kid that was at Red Lion a couple years ago. Wondered where he went. doh!...I can't find anything on him as far as next year. He doesn't seem to put out anything on social media, not on any recruiting sites either. Coach was hyping him hard on appo football twitter though but not really sure if that does much, Twitter is literally littered with coaches and players hyping themselves. I seriously doubt college coaches are scouring the hundreds of thousands if not millions of "hey look at me" tweets out there. I suppose parents like to see them though 🤠
You would be surprised with how much of the recruiting is done through twitter. My stepson bestfriend did the whole "look at me" tweets and caught an eye of a college coach and ended up offering him. So i'm sure it happens alot more then you would think.

My question to you is, are you against the whole sharing of profiles on twitter? Because that is what the world is coming to.

You would be surprised with how much of the recruiting is done through twitter. My stepson bestfriend did the whole "look at me" tweets and caught an eye of a college coach and ended up offering him. So i'm sure it happens alot more then you would think.

My question to you is, are you against the whole sharing of profiles on twitter? Because that is what the world is coming to.

I am not against anything related to the kids doing whatever they have to do. Twitter just annoys me. Never have cared much for it but again whatever. . I believe coaches may look at the tweets of kids that they might be interested in but seriously doubt they just randomly scour hundreds of thousands of random tweets looking for kids to offer.

Dior Boyd (DMA, Timber Creek) took the tough route but got it done. Going to MTI Prep (FL) then Garden City Juco.. Landing a deal at UMD..

fyi..Garden City JUCO is for real for those needing to go that route...

Interesting Garden City CC has 3 Delware kids on their 2022 roster.

Dior Boyd

also

Rene Miller(Bear, DE) who went to HVT then xfered to St Frances I guess that didn't go as planned and ended up at Garden City CC. Still looking for that offer

Brian (BJ) Blake (Wilmington, DE) went to DeMatha freshman year then xfered to National Christian Academy (now Rock Creek Christian) one of those on line football teams attached to a small Christian school in DC area. ended up at Garden City CC still looking for offer.

Last edited:
I know there are different avenues to get where your trying to go,as an athlete, but the kids have to prioritize education first then sports. Sitting waiting on a certain level of athletics and letting opportunities go by is a common theme these days.D1 to D3 you shoot for full ride but a degree is the real prize. Just thinking out loud, not intended for any situation in particular.

I know there are different avenues to get where your trying to go,as an athlete, but the kids have to prioritize education first then sports. Sitting waiting on a certain level of athletics and letting opportunities go by is a common theme these days.D1 to D3 you shoot for full ride but a degree is the real prize. Just thinking out loud, not intended for any situation in particular.

There is truth in that. Sometime it's sad reading these kids twitters and they chase that thing for years like all that matters is that D1 offer and then they made it. Which in realty that is just the door opening. Many of them finally get their opportunity then flame out and they are out of college in a year or two. Those offers are year to year. At some point in the chase for the bag they have to prepare for life when football or the NFL is no longer an option and neither is a million dollar contract to play ball.. Then what are they going to do?

But that is the the reality of the social media hype world they live in these days. What do you expect being told how special you are from 12U up and and rated as a top prospect at middle school camps and combines and all the stuff Rivals and such put out. I have seen a lot of kids look like superstars in the camp and 7v7 setting look very average in the real thing.

My only hope is if and when they do get that free ride they use it to get a meaningful and employable degree and have a plan for after football. Some do some don't. There are also many avenues to get to college for free or close to it than sports, unfortunately those aren't celebrated or pursued enough.

Last edited:
Absolutely, the key phrase is “scholarships are One year renewable “ , kids must realize this and stay focused on and off the field. Also I’m all for getting kids exposure, but at 5td and 4th grades, who are we really exposing? We have to let the kids enjoy and grow the love for the game,and see if they are willing to make necessary sacrifices to be able to compete on the field as well as keeping their focus on academics.

Yamir Knight, Smyrna (James Madison)

Desmond Aladuge, Milford (Duke)

Luke Watson,Saint Mark’s (Temple)

Michael Pearson III, Middletown (Navy)

Josh Roberson, Middletown (Stonehill College)

Anwar O’Neal, Middletown (Delaware)

Nate Chandler, Smyrna (Sacred Heart)

Tahirou Balde, Caesar Rodney (Delaware State)

Markell Holman, Smyrna (Army)

Chris Albero, Archmere (Franklin and Marshall)

Keishawn Mansfield, Cape Henlopen (DSU)

Carter Rasin, Red Lion (DSU)

Nate Ray, Salesianum (UD)

James Collins, Salesianum (UD)

Lenniek Preston, Conrad (Kutztown)
I like to see the Delaware kids going to UD and playing, they used to not get offers from them but there are like 20 on the roster now.

Reactions: trapblock22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT