ADVERTISEMENT

Clint Ferrazo

Feb 17, 2014
Does anyone know if Clint has a chance to break Vinny Ranuaoto's State wins record this weekend?

This post was edited on 2/24 1:17 AM by MatMadness

With the win in the Championship Clint took over 2nd place with 174 wins. Surpassing (ironically) a 3 way tie with former Caravel student Ryan Wolfe and one of CA's coaches Jordan Sianni (HDG) Congrats Clint!! Ranuaoto's record was not in jeopardy and may never will be..

@RR

now that's some elite company!
have you heard where he will be attending college?

Do these kids wrestle in 8th grade to get that many career wins? 174 wins equals 43.5 per year over 4 years. That is huge.

Originally posted by oldtimer22:
Do these kids wrestle in 8th grade to get that many career wins? 174 wins equals 43.5 per year over 4 years. That is huge.
There is a point to that but times have changed but on flip side of that DE kids cant rack up wins in the Beast (due to the growth of the event) as they could in the past so it evens out some..besides if an 8th grader can win on Varsity then those wins are deservingIMO.. Another point wins are wins and as in most sports longevity doesn't matter.. Now "winningest" is a different story as that pertains to win percentage.. but there is no need to quantify wins.. its a simple record..

This post was edited on 3/1 3:34 PM by ravensrooster2

Agreed. Numbers don't make you a better person. It only puts ink on paper in your favor. It takes a lot of heart and pride to walk out on the mat just to compete. Win or lose. When the young man Smyrna pinned the man from Middletown last evening. The Middletown wrestler was apologising to his coach in hallway. Didn't know kids from Adam. I put my hands on his shoulders and assured him that there were no worries. To be thankful for his CAREER.. he should be proud to have simply competed. Some chidren are not able to..

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

There is a point to that but times have changed but on flip side of that DE kids cant rack up wins in the Beast (due to the growth of the event) as they could in the past so it evens out some..besides if an 8th grader can win on Varsity then those wins are deservingIMO.. Another point wins are wins and as in most sports longevity doesn't matter.. Now "winningest" is a different story as that pertains to win percentage.. but there is no need to quantify wins.. its a simple record..

Delaware kids never "racked up wins" at the beast. Even a 32 man bracket only gets the winner 5 wins. Doesnt quite even out a extra full year of wrestling at the high school level. There is no doubt that the caravel kids have an advantage if they wrestle the extra year. In my opinion only 9th through 12th grade should count towards a high school career. A kid from a public school has no shot at that many wins over 4 years anymore. Sianni doing what he did in 4 years is amazing.

And Steve B. In only 3 years at sc. Some dont remember that sc high wast 10,11,12 hence his 3 time state champion belt.

I agree, since every kid can't wrestle from 8th grade for a high school team, those wins shouldn't count.

Not a knock on the kid either as the win total is amazing but 8th grade shouldn't count towards high school record.

Wins are wins if that is the record he achieved it,,,,, Besides Ferazzo is a two time state champ and that is a rare fraternity in its own right., Lets not forget that and give the kid his due credit .. Its not like we discredit Emmitt Smiths rushing yards because he played more seasons or Bear Bryants win totals because he coached longer.. Its simply wins and the number of them whether it be 2 years at varsity or 5.. If DE rules allow 8th graders to play on varsity it is what it is and those wins count..folks can always debate it but its in the books. Do you count basketball kids who score 1000 pts whom scored some of them as 8th graders? of course you do Its not like Caravel is the only school where 8th graders participate.. Actually I think Sanford had an 8th grader in the state final whom could very well challenge these records.. JMHO

This post was edited on 3/2 8:27 AM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by myrealname:
Is ferrazo wrestling in college?
My understanding Is ... even though there are many college opportunities.. He will go to college and not wrestle while pursuing a UCF career... His first fight is in two months and the rooster family will be there in support..

This post was edited on 3/2 8:15 AM by ravensrooster2

Agree with Rooster. If an 8th grader is wrestling Varsity his wins and loses should count. Are we going to negate wins and loses from the upper classmen who wrestle 8th graders? If their wins count so do the 8th graders. Clint earned every victory on his record, to try to take any of them away is ridiculous.

Those 8th graders who have the ability and opportunity to wrestle Varsity should do so. What can be gained by wrestling at the middle school level if you have the skills to wrestle Varsity. Wrestlers thrive when they are challenged.

Delaware kids never "racked up wins" at the beast. Even a 32 man bracket only gets the winner 5 wins. Doesnt quite even out a extra full year of wrestling at the high school level. There is no doubt that the caravel kids have an advantage if they wrestle the extra year. In my opinion only 9th through 12th grade should count towards a high school career. A kid from a public school has no shot at that many wins over 4 years anymore. Sianni doing what he did in 4 years is amazing.
I got that assessment from Sianni.. He was saying back then it wasn't like it is now in terms of competition and over four years you could get 15 wins where as that it is harder today too just get 2 a year there, As for Clint I don't know what his win total was as an 8th but I know he didn't wrestle every event on varsity.. So who knows for sure... point is and like the poster said above if wins vs 8th graders count so should 8th graders wins vs them count.. which was an excellent point BTW

I got that assessment from Sianni.. He was saying back then it wasn't like it is now in terms of competition and over four years you could get 15 wins where as that it is harder today too just get 2 a year there, As for Clint I don't know what his win total was as an 8th but I know he didn't wrestle every event on varsity.. So who knows for sure... point is and like the poster said above if wins vs 8th graders count so should 8th graders wins vs them count.. which was an excellent point BTW
My question was not meant as a dig on the kid. It is amazing to me that anyone could get that many wins even in 5 years. Was just curious if he had in 8th grade.

My question was not meant as a dig on the kid. It is amazing to me that anyone could get that many wins even in 5 years. Was just curious if he had in 8th grade.
I get you and understand what you are saying.. with teams only able schedule 12 duals and some tournament now due to budget cuts and rule changes it would be difficult to challenge the second place record let alone the most wins.. I will use my son as an example.. he went 25-11 but did not wrestle in the beast and wrestled JV in the Ray Oliver.. based on that there would be a potential for 40 wins a season if you go undefeated (keeping in mind you wrestle less matches if you win than the guys who place 3rd in tournaments) It would be virtually impossible to get more than 160 wins wrestling only 9-12..

This post was edited on 3/5 4:32 PM by ravensrooster2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT