ADVERTISEMENT

Conferences!!!

Mr.NoName

Mascot
Dec 6, 2019
Who’s moving up? Who’s moving down ? Upset specials ??
I’m calling it right now Diaz moves up to HWT and wins states.
Watch out for Thompson from Lake @220
@195 stradley wins it.
@132 watch out for a kid like McKelvey from DMA
And @138 Wisniewski wins it from CR over poore
What y’all think ???

Doubt Diaz beats Hudson regardless but him ducking Harp and Thompson wouldn’t surprise me. Anybody have the times for conferences specifically for Saturday? Trying to make the finals and wouldn’t mind trying to make semis but that may be a little tougher.

Reactions: jvstatechamp_1
@195 stradley wins it.
What y’all think ???
You asked about conferences.... 138 is by far the deepest weight class in the state. It’s a toss up in my opinion. All of these top kids have the potential to be State Champions. Against any one of them make a mistake and your pinned. That being said it’s Poore from Caravel’s to loose and I don’t think that happens

You asked about conferences.... 138 is by far the deepest weight class in the state. It’s a toss up in my opinion. All of these top kids have the potential to be State Champions. Against any one of them make a mistake and your pinned. That being said it’s Poore from Caravel’s to loose and I don’t think that happens
Is Jenkins okay??

Who do you like at 138 besides poore?

Who do you like at 138 besides poore?
Skinny is Bender from Cape drops to 132 ?He faced all the top kids at 38 except Poore . Would have to go back and look but think his record was if he didn’t win those matches it was at most a 1or 2 point loss ? He’s going to be hard to beat at 32. The 138 # is honestly in MHO a toss up

I think bender is legit threat at any weight he goes. He has wrestled some of the best so far and kept every match close like said above. I believe if he opens up and gets on his offense more he could win it all at 138. Hes defense is solid as a rock and has amazing hips he just needs to open up more in my opinion.

@195 stradley wins it.
What y’all think ???
I think poore beats them all

I think bender is legit threat at any weight he goes. He has wrestled some of the best so far and kept every match close like said above. I believe if he opens up and gets on his offense more he could win it all at 138. Hes defense is solid as a rock and has amazing hips he just needs to open up more in my opinion.
Bender could be one of those guys to shock the place

Reactions: BigMike52
Would be interesting to see what Diaz decides to do. Went against Harp last year, beat him in conferences and dropped to him in the State Championship. This year Milford bumped him to heavyweight against Smyrna in their meet.

Would be interesting to see what Diaz decides to do. Went against Harp last year, beat him in conferences and dropped to him in the State Championship. This year Milford bumped him to heavyweight against Smyrna in their meet.
In my mind unless Thompson moves up Diaz has too

If Decembre can put in work on top, and wrestles smart he may pull out an upset at states. I don’t see Diaz beating Hudson but anything is possible. Wisniewski might shock us all and go out on top. This is my favorite time of the season!

Reactions: LCraighton
I have not asked Parsley, but my guess is Diaz goes HWT. For some reason he tends to be more comfortable against guys that may be bigger, but a bit slower than 220. This is a very uneducated opinion as I am still trying to figure out the nuances of wrestling, the more I learn however, the more interested I become. I have really grown to appreciate how hard they work and compete.

Reactions: concord87
I have not asked Parsley, but my guess is Diaz goes HWT. For some reason he tends to be more comfortable against guys that may be bigger, but a bit slower than 220. This is a very uneducated opinion as I am still trying to figure out the nuances of wrestling, the more I learn however, the more interested I become. I have really grown to appreciate how hard they work and compete.
Right...the thing is about Diaz is he’s strong and smart ...sooo he can beat most HWT’s cuz of strength and not doing stupid things ...Hudson is the same way...
Diaz is not so quick and harp and Thompson speed is too much for him

As to start times, consolation finals start a 3. Finals slated to start around 4:30. Beware, that is a soft time. Could be earlier or later. Those that see me at the finals are free to invite themselves to The Tavern for a free libation on me.

As to start times, consolation finals start a 3. Finals slated to start around 4:30. Beware, that is a soft time. Could be earlier or later. Those that see me at the finals are free to invite themselves to The Tavern for a free libation on me.

Appreciate that Ikey. Any idea when brackets will be released.

Thompson is the one who beat harp in semis at conferences 11-4 the Diaz beat Thompson in finals

Thompson is the one who beat harp in semis at conferences 11-4 the Diaz beat Thompson in finals

Yea and then Harp beat Thompson at states. The only H2H so far this season was Thompson and Diaz at Battle at the Beach and Thompson won.

Yea and then Harp beat Thompson at states. The only H2H so far this season was Thompson and Diaz at Battle at the Beach and Thompson won.
Yes exactly ...from what I heard I was not there but it might have been 3-1 but Thompson dominated ??? Anyone confirm that??

Yes exactly ...from what I heard I was not there but it might have been 3-1 but Thompson dominated ??? Anyone confirm that??

I can not. Thompson has been very impressive through this season. Obviously he doesn’t get the hype that Harp and Diaz do. I’m assuming that’s because of the team he wrestles for but as far as I know, he’s still undefeated.

I can not. Thompson has been very impressive though this season. Obviously he doesn’t get the hype that Harp and Diaz I’m assuming because of the team he wrestles for but as far as I know, he’s still undefeated.
I think he’s Gunna make some noise at states

Henlopen waits until after weigh-ins because we reseed if a top 4 seed misses weight. The brackets are not finalized until after weigh-ins.
That’s no reason not to release. They are loaded in track and I’m sure the parents, kids and fans want to see the brackets. If they reseed then they change. Is what it is, but would be nice to see what tentative matchups we will see tonight and tomorrow.

This guy has the Henlopen brackets...get his ass :mad:

26195681-businessman-with-a-briefcase-handcuffed-to-his-wrist.jpg

So what time are weigh ins then? Wresting doesn’t start today until 5 right? So I’m assuming 330-4?

That’s no reason not to release. They are loaded in track and I’m sure the parents, kids and fans want to see the brackets. If they reseed then they change. Is what it is, but would be nice to see what tentative matchups we will see tonight and tomorrow.

I gave you the reason, didn't say it was necessarily a good one. SC runs the Henlopen roughly every other year and I recall in the seeding meeting we discuss releasing the brackets and then someone comes up with a good reason not to, I just don't happen to recall that really good reason other than the possibility of missed weigh-ins.

We're likely hosting it next year, I will bring it up. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: concord87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT