D2 Playoffs

SmallWonderSports

Tackles too high
Nov 17, 2012
Appears top 3 are set.

1. DMA
2. AI
3. Friends

4-8: Delmar, Woodbridge, Milford, Howard, Tower Hill all tied in points?

Any clue as to how this will shake out?

The first tiebreaker is head to head and since they all didn't play each other, I believe they would move to the second tiebreaker which is opponents wins which would make it 4. Milford 5.Woodbridge 6. Delmar 7. Tower Hill 8.Howrrd ........... this is assuming my math is correct, big assumption.

Does the fact that Delmar beat Milford and WB and Milford beat WB mean anything? Or no since all teams didn’t play

Tower Hill should do the right thing and cancel out of playoffs to allow Caravel in . After being shut out today they should realize they have no chance to win and allow a team that actually could win a chance to play .

Tower Hill should do the right thing and cancel out of playoffs to allow Caravel in . After being shut out today they should realize they have no chance to win and allow a team that actually could win a chance to play .
Start a phone petition on Holloway. I’m sure he would be for it. He wouldn’t be able to say it, but I’d bet inside he would agree

If this post is any reflection of how smart the teams you guys root for play. Then DMA won’t even allow a point in the playoffs. If you can add you know the the order already.

The opponent's wins tiebreaker is tricky depending on where you source all the final records from. Calpreps seems to be pretty accurate, but if it's close, a 1 game difference could change the results.

I did some double checking on opponent's wins and I got Milford at 4 & WB at 5, then TH, then Howard, then Delmar. Looks like the Milford and WB opponent win totals are both over 50 and within 1 win of each other. The other 3 are in the mid 40's and within 3 wins of each other.

If that's correct, then you have 3 first round re-match games ( AI/Howard, Friends/TH, Milford/WB ) + a very intriguing DMA vs Delmar 1 versus 8 game.

The opponent's wins tiebreaker is tricky depending on where you source all the final records from. Calpreps seems to be pretty accurate, but if it's close, a 1 game difference could change the results.

I did some double checking on opponent's wins and I got Milford at 4 & WB at 5, then TH, then Howard, then Delmar. Looks like the Milford and WB opponent win totals are both over 50 and within 1 win of each other. The other 3 are in the mid 40's and within 3 wins of each other.

If that's correct, then you have 3 first round re-match games ( AI/Howard, Friends/TH, Milford/WB ) + a very intriguing DMA vs Delmar 1 versus 8 game.
Delmar has the head to head over Milford and Woodbridge

I honestly can’t believe you guys really don’t know the order . I know Delaware is known for farming and all but really if you can add 1 + 1 you know what it is. Also if you look it’s already been posted in the hypothetical scenario’s you guys post every other day. Only thing that matters is that number one spot
DMA we are one

So is it true the Woodbridge QB isn't playing next week? Is this true if so this is a big loss

I'm not sure. I'm assuming since all the teams tied in points didn't play each other. From what I've heard the committee will not take head to head into consideration. Which sucks for Delmar because they have a better record that Woodbridge and Milford, beat both of them, but will be seeded lower than them.

Lol small body Delmar

What a dream game for DMA
Might become your nightmare. I watched Delmar play this week, and small or not, they are a force to be reckoned with. Besides look at your schedule. DMA hasn't really been tested. Don't sleep on the south.

Last edited:
No test for you either
Small bodies beating on other bodies does not count. We face 2017 offenses up here. Honestly from what I been reading about you guys that is the reason injures are becoming a problem for you. This is playoff football now small bodies don’t like the cold and the pounding.
And we have players on your roster that are loyal to the mother team
DMA we are one

Yea uncle Ben rice we eat that up here a lot.
I'm not a Delmar fan, but there are three downstate teams that may make you eat your holier than thou words. I know I know, In your mind everyone south of the canal are just dumb country bumpkins. Just remember, it might be 'slower lower', but just remember one thing: The defending D1 and D2 state champs hail from the Henlopen Conference. Let's see what the next few weeks bring.

Delmar might have just become a more dangerous team with Trader at QB.

Be careful what you wish for.
I feel bad for that kid actually
He should Come up here and play where he could shine. He won that game by himself. Small bodies all on the ground around him. Seen that on the 302. But it’s different when you have to play against real size You have one big boy at 350 but I did not see him play on the video. Going to be a a bad night for your boys

Final score DMA 36 - small body orange and blue 7. I will give trader one TD

1 - DMA
2 - AI
3 - Friends
4 - Milford
5 - Woodbridge
6 - Tower Hill
7 - Howard
8 - Delmar
Per DIAA Rep

If it were still just 6 teams in Howard would be 5 and Delmar 6 with the autobids.. Woodbridge and Tower Hill would be out hmm interesting

On the topic of field size, I think it's a little unfair that the top 2 in D2 have to win twice to get to the chip while the top 2 in D1 only have to win once.

I know there are less D1 teams but if you add 2 that would still be less than half in and there were 8 winning records in D1 this year. 2 more teams would keep the "whose in/whose out" alive in D1 up to the last day of the season like it is in D2. It would give 2 more schools something to shoot for and it would be more $$$ in the DIAA coffers. What's not to love??

Reactions: SenatorPride
Would luv to play the one man show of DMA, he will be shut down, and Delmar o and d lines are all over 200LBS... ask milford which you beat by one and we beat by 25.....

SouthDude....every game is different though. Milford beat WB 20-6 and never gave up an offensive TD. Delmar gave up 3 TD’s to WB. Now I’m saying that, Delmar is going to give DMA a run for their money, but the advantage DMA has is that game is played up north and not in Delmar. Some how Delmar always gets favorable calls down there...

Would luv to play the one man show of DMA, he will be shut down, and Delmar o and d lines are all over 200LBS... ask milford which you beat by one and we beat by 25.....
DMA lines are pretty big too, maybe even bigger than Delmar's. Having said that, I think Delmar matches up quite favorably with DMA.

The bracket for D1 and D2 with the game dates and times is up on the DIAA website now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT