ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Frederick's Take on the Big S - 146 Reasons to hate the Sals

Sparty, you are a man of wisdom. 146 / 147 / 148 medals around your neck can become a millstone. That's why most clones only wear one medal at a time.

Fredman does make some good points in humor........just like you!

Ha! I've was told a few years ago by a non alum Sals parent to view Sals like the Yankees. You may not love em but you gotta respect em...

You know this 146 title thing needs a little scrutiny. If you take out swimming, cross country, soccer, what's left?... Football (7, I think), baseball 6?, basketball, 2, Lax, 7?. Doesn't look like Duke style domination to me....

Originally posted by Chesdel:

Sparty, you are a man of wisdom. 146 / 147 / 148 medals around your neck can become a millstone. That's why most clones only wear one medal at a time.

Counting you Ches.......I can think of 147 reasons to hate Sallies.

I know everybody is cool with me.

Originally posted by dovetail:
You know this 146 title thing needs a little scrutiny. If you take out swimming, cross country, soccer, what's left?... Football (7, I think), baseball 6?, basketball, 2, Lax, 7?. Doesn't look like Duke style domination to me....
I understand your point and its validity. They are not sports that have as large a following as the others. some people actually demean soccer on depreps.

However, they are difficult sports that require a lot of commitment and hard work and I'm very proud the school excels in them.

Originally posted by BlueTea:

Counting you Ches.......I can think of 147 reasons to hate Sallies.

I know everybody is cool with me.
BT, that is like the funniest thing you ever said.....and even my wife agrees with you!

Originally posted by 8yaz:
The Yankees Suck too
I feel your pain, Yaz. For some....the Sals run was a Bucky Dent like moment spread out over a week.

This post was edited on 3/20 10:54 AM by Chesdel

BT, that is like the funniest thing you ever said.....and even my wife agrees with you!

Any woman who can operate a backhoe while you standby and watch has to be taken seriously.

Re: Dave Frederick's Take

Fredman clarifies:

I don't have 146
reasons to hate Salesianum High School - the number of state titles they
have won - the column headline two weeks ago was a takeoff of the ESPN
"I Hate Christian Laettner" 30 for 30 special. I wrote not a negative
word about the Sals; it's much like the school I attended.

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/sonja-friend-uhl-turns-44-and-sets-american-masters-record/1323060

He's even a friend of George Glenn.

Originally posted by John Manifold:
Fredman clarifies:

I don't have 146

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/sonja-friend-uhl-turns-44-and-sets-american-masters-record/1323060

No Salesianum grad would have gotten upset with the story. With their level of literacy they would have understood the humor. GG is one of my favorites.

Fredman Revisited

Originally posted by John Manifold:
Fredman clarifies:

I don't have 146

They are friends. He was at GG's retirement from HS coaching party a few years back.

With the possible exception of Chesdel, I don't think Dave hates Sallies.

@Tea

Dave hates Ches cause hes better looking than his wife....hahaha

I met Dave in the mid 1980's so he has probably been hating me for around 30 years. He is just a rookie.

I hate Sallies, but I am a huge Donte DiVincenzo fan now.

I feel your pain, Yaz. For some....the Sals run was a Bucky Dent like moment spread out over a week.
Could we please refrain from any Bucky Dent references on this board? Doing so could force me back into therapy and I can't afford it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT