ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware Hoops

Height-men.jpg

First of all we have to keep our talent in state. If we do that colleges will come to little old DE to see talent. Case and point recently the Duren kids goes to philly last season, DJ Earl goes to Nj. Duvall never playing a HS game in DE, Ayala leaving DE. Let's keep our talent in state....where its proven if ur good D1 schools will find u (Donte, Cale).

First of all we have to keep our talent in state. If we do that colleges will come to little old DE to see talent. Case and point recently the Duren kids goes to philly last season, DJ Earl goes to Nj. Duvall never playing a HS game in DE, Ayala leaving DE. Let's keep our talent in state....where its proven if ur good D1 schools will find u (Donte, Cale).
I can agree to some extent because in this time period colleges are rarely at HS games. I think Delaware has some talent and some projects that if they get the proper training and coaching they can be good. We need more of Quil lol

Reactions: 84rider
Delaware has produced some REALLY GOOD players recently but what are the chances "those" players would choose or would have chose UD or DSU?

Honestly they probably wouldn't have. No way in the world would J.Davis Sanford go to UD but how were they not one of his first offers. Now looking back at Donte and Bones they actually did offer them.
But guys like Jordan Allen, Caleb Matthews, does Ali or anybody else class of 19 have an offer from UD?

Reactions: jvm3
Honestly they probably wouldn't have. No way in the world would J.Davis Sanford go to UD but how were they not one of his first offers. Now looking back at Donte and Bones they actually did offer them.
But guys like Jordan Allen, Caleb Matthews, does Ali or anybody else class of 19 have an offer from UD?

Im pretty sure neither of those 3 received a UD offer.

The head coach for UD is out of Maryland and that’s were he mostly recruits from

They like who they like

of those 3, only Allen had multiple offers

UD also has high academic requirements compared to other schools
Ali has been a honor roll student his whole high school career so I don’t think it’s academics coaches like who they like but that’s another thing hurting our state they don’t recruit our states best players

These posts are maddening. College coaches are under zero obligation to recruit locally. Folks on here like to run down DE HS basketball, then take umbrage when UD doesn’t recruit here. Make up your mind.

Also, Inglesby recruited nationally for Notre Dame. He has contacts everywhere. He’s going after the best he can get, regardless of locale.

If you don't win the battle in your backyard you WON'T win PERIOD!!

UD and DSU have to win the recruiting battle in Delaware if they want to build and sustain a program. Another reason to recruit Delaware is ticket sales. Hometown boys tend to bring a crowd.

Kyson Rawls should be playing at UD.
I was shocked when I found out that Rawls ended up at Morgan State on a late offer playing in the MEAC & Del State or UD themselves never even gave him an offer. For one reason or another though the last couple DE guys that I can remember that went to Del State ended up transferring out after a year or two...Hughes (Sanford) & Mallory (Polytech).

I was shocked when I found out that Rawls ended up at Morgan State on a late offer playing in the MEAC & Del State or UD themselves never even gave him an offer. For one reason or another though the last couple DE guys that I can remember that went to Del State ended up transferring out after a year or two...Hughes (Sanford) & Mallory (Polytech).

@J12, just wondering whats your opinion,do local kids that live at home or on campus have a harder time disassociating themselves with the fellas that are not going to college. you know the old crabs in a bucket philosophy. Especially if they don't have a solid core at home. versus going away from home and making the team your new family. i always wondered if that played into a recruiters stance or how they view a prospect.

Reactions: J12
@J12, just wondering whats your opinion,do local kids that live at home or on campus have a harder time disassociating themselves with the fellas that are not going to college. you know the old crabs in a bucket philosophy. Especially if they don't have a solid core at home. versus going away from home and making the team your new family. i always wondered if that played into a recruiters stance or how they view a prospect.
In my opinion it would be better for them to live on campus, be around their team as much as possible & even do activities outside of basketball w/ the team if possible to build the togetherness & camaraderie which carriers over onto the court. We often get a lot of kids that want to stick around their home area where they are from & it doesn’t work out for them especially if those so-called friends are bringing them down & don’t really care what’s in their best interest. Parents sometimes hold these kids back that same way also.

If you don't win the battle in your backyard you WON'T win PERIOD!!

UD and DSU have to win the recruiting battle in Delaware if they want to build and sustain a program. Another reason to recruit Delaware is ticket sales. Hometown boys tend to bring a crowd.

Kyson Rawls should be playing at UD.
I agree and the kids they do recruit don’t be all that either they stay for a year or two and then transfer

In my opinion it would be better for them to live on campus, be around their team as much as possible & even do activities outside of basketball w/ the team if possible to build the togetherness & camaraderie which carriers over onto the court. We often get a lot of kids that want to stick around their home area where they are from & it doesn’t work out for them especially if those so-called friends are bringing them down & don’t really care what’s in their best interest. Parents sometimes hold these kids back that same way also.

Agree one hundo

These posts are maddening. College coaches are under zero obligation to recruit locally. Folks on here like to run down DE HS basketball, then take umbrage when UD doesn’t recruit here. Make up your mind.

Also, Inglesby recruited nationally for Notre Dame. He has contacts everywhere. He’s going after the best he can get, regardless of locale.

I completely support DE Sports. We have some of the best talent out there and it seems to go under the radar. Both football and basketball it seems like they let kids slip and end up out of state. as mentioned Rawls for example.
They have been doing better with Football landing the kid from middletown, Henderson, and Anaywau this season. But Theres a bunch of good athletes coming 2020 and UD hasnt even sniffed their way. I'm not saying they have to recruit the in state kids just found it weird they dont

Reactions: 84rider
I heard Barnes and Company are taking their talents out of Cape and going to Sussex Tech. I am not sure how true that is

Reality is, most kids need to get out there and market them selves. Find a school you would be interested in going to that you could compete at and get ahold of the coach. Lots of opportunities out there that could help lead to a degree and and a good life. I’m shopping one of my players right now. D1 top 15 school, D2 top 5 school and some D3’s also. Get the coaches to come to you.

Reactions: Dhodgecuz
Reality is, most kids need to get out there and market them selves. Find a school you would be interested in going to that you could compete at and get ahold of the coach. Lots of opportunities out there that could help lead to a degree and and a good life. I’m shopping one of my players right now. D1 top 15 school, D2 top 5 school and some D3’s also. Get the coaches to come to you.
Where do you coach? I heard that you are coaching at Mount Pleasant?

As a DSU alum, it really would be smart of Skeeters AND Caputo to recruit some in-state talent because if anybody needs hometown kids to boost attendance, it's DSU.

UD can always draw kids because they have a successful history to recruit with.

Are you able to get Fahmir in school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT