ADVERTISEMENT

Stoppage Rule

Mar 10, 2023
Obviously referees must stop a bout for a potentially dangerous position but what if a kid is just in pain? We saw a wrestler get two stoppages as his opponent was in a scoring position for what appeared to be a leg cramp. Miraculously he was able to do a round off and backflip after those stoppages allowed him to win...I feel like that win should come with an asterisk ***

Obviously referees must stop a bout for a potentially dangerous position but what if a kid is just in pain? We saw a wrestler get two stoppages as his opponent was in a scoring position for what appeared to be a leg cramp. Miraculously he was able to do a round off and backflip after those stoppages allowed him to win...I feel like that win should come with an asterisk ***
Definitely agree, sad to see that decided the match. Could have potentially been a 5 timer but we also don’t know the end result if Lucian reversed. I’d like to say though Lucian took the loss well from what I saw watching the video at home.

Reactions: Matt Sense
Injured wrestler had to give his opponent choice of position. There was a consequence.
that consequence doesn't solve anything. if they came to the same situation again injury could be called again and again. consequence or not, that is something to look at.

that consequence doesn't solve anything. if they came to the same situation again injury could be called again and again. consequence or not, that is something to look at.
I believe after a 3rd injury stoppage it is an automatic forfeit

Taking injury time to avoid getting scored on or pinned is coached. The kid at 113 knew exactly what to do and when to do it. After the second stoppage Lucian had to take bottom so he didn't even lose the advantage position. If you're going to argue right vs wrong on this you're wasting your time. To coaches and wrestlers who do this the ends justify the means. It's a matter coaching ethics.

Reactions: Restler89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT