ADVERTISEMENT

Division II Playoff Scenarios

Porky Bacon

Water boy
Aug 25, 2012
Please ignore my post in it's entirety, I missed the Tatnall bonus point which had a trickle down effect rendering all my scenarios as useless garbage. This wasn't my first rodeo, however I rushed to post, which was a mistake. My apologies for the misinformation.

Besides, it was Black Doug's fault. If he wasn't outside my house protesting Trump's election, I would have been able to concentrate and do the job properly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

As long as Tatnall beats St. Andrews and Penn beats Delcastle. It should only come down to four possible scenarios.

Update: The scenario with St. Mark's getting the 8th seed was incorrect. They needed the bonus point from St. Georges to edge out Tower Hill and were eliminated when Glasgow won. I do believe the scenarios and seeding are correct now. But we'll see...this point thing is tricky business.

If Friends and DMA win:

1 - Woodbridge vs 8 - Tower Hill
2 - Glasgow vs 7 - Friends
3 - DMA vs 6 - Caravel
4 - Milford vs 5 - St. Georges

If Friends wins and DMA loses:

1 - Woodbridge vs 8 - Howard
3 - St. Georges vs 6 - DMA
4 - Milford vs 5 - Caravel

If Tower Hill and DMA win:

2 - DMA vs 7 - Friends
3 - Glasgow vs 6 - Caravel

If Tower Hill wins and DMA loses:

All points have been added and tiebreakers applied according to the results in each scenario. I believe the calculations to be accurate, however errors or difference of interpretation by the playoff committee are always possible.

Last edited:
Tower Hill...DMA, Tatnall wins and a loss to Friends today equals four bonus points, giving them 29/9=3.22

If my math is correct they'll narrowly edge the 3.2 of St. Mark's. Glasgow beating St. G's and keeping them at 8 wins was a huge knock for the Spartans.

As long as Tatnall beats St. Andrews and Penn beats Delcastle. It should only come down to four possible scenarios.

If Friends and DMA win:

1 - Woodbridge vs 8 - St. Mark's
3 - DMA vs 6 - Caravel

If Tower Hill and DMA win:

2 - DMA vs 7 - Friends
3 - Glasgow vs 6 - Caravel

If Tower Hill wins and DMA loses:

All points have been added and tiebreakers applied according to the results in each scenario. I believe the calculations to be accurate, however errors or difference of interpretation by the playoff committee are always possible.
I believe this is incorrect. If Friends wins, then friends and Milford both end up with 39 points and caravel and St. George's 38, if Tatnall beats St. Andrews today and Friends gets one point from Tatnall. This means Friends and Milford play each other and it appears that Friends would be the 4 seed because their opponents have more wins.

Win or lose Hillers are in. I agree. Don't forget their 9 game index, and the fact that they'll be picking up bonus points today from DMA and Tatnall most likely. Not to mention a loss to Friends is a 2 point loss.

I believe this is incorrect. If Friends wins, then friends and Milford both end up with 39 points and caravel and St. George's 38, if Tatnall beats St. Andrews today and Friends gets one point from Tatnall. This means Friends and Milford play each other and it appears that Friends would be the 4 seed because their opponents have more wins.
If DMA wins, Milford gets to 40.

I don't have much of an opinion on here sometimes, but Tower Hill getting in with that schedule is a crock, period. St. Mark's hasn't ducked the heavy competition all year and Tower Hill plays this little sisters of the poor schedule and not even a full 10 games and gets rewarded by the point index. It's awful.

St. George's will also get another bonus pt from William Penn, for going 9-1, today once they beat Delcastle. So them and Friends tied at 39? Comes down to opponents wins

TOWER HILL 25 +2 FRIENDS +1 DMA +1 + 1TATNALL 29 3.23
ST MARKS 28 +2 SALS +1 CARAVEL +1 DMA 32 3.2
HOWARD 28 +4 DICKINSON 32 3.2

The St G loss not getting to 9 wins killed St Marks and Howard and got TH in the field..unless DMA loses then Howard gets in

Last edited:

So if this holds, we could have some very interesting semifinal matchups Thanksgiving weekend.

Caravel will have to go down South two weeks in row,,gonna be tough... St G vs Glasgow rd 2 will be epic but I am not convinced Howard can't beat Woodbridge. Howard will match up well with them and are more battle tested. The team that makes a fewest mistakes and penalties will win.. If Howard can pul it off that would set up a St G or Caravel vs Glasgow final,, Somehow I think we are facing a CA vs Glasgow final.. just a gut feeling.. Larkins may be the best player in D2

Last edited:
I don't have much of an opinion on here sometimes, but Tower Hill getting in with that schedule is a crock, period. St. Mark's hasn't ducked the heavy competition all year and Tower Hill plays this little sisters of the poor schedule and not even a full 10 games and gets rewarded by the point index. It's awful.

Tower Hill doesn't deserve to be in and is basically a bye for Woodbridge

Howard's gotten better as the season has gone on, but Woodbridge still has the advantage of 1 being at home and 2 being able to match Howard athlete for athlete. It's nice the defending champs got in, but I think Woodbridge wins that one easily.

Caravel will not be a 5 seed and Friends will be possibly a 4 or 5, depending on tie breakers.

I would go with Mama Maria's, pretty good Italian. After that it's the usual suspects. Ruby T's Applbees. Perhaps a few beers after the game? Abbott's offers food for the more sophisticated palette and is pretty good as well.

Caravel will not be a 5 seed and Friends will be possibly a 4 or 5, depending on tie breakers.

CA 32 +4 Capitol +1 Sals + 1 Cape 38
Friends 34 +4 TH +1 Tatnall 39
You are correct

2 - Glasgow vs 7 Caravel
3 - St. Georges vs 6 Friends
4 - Milford vs 5 DMA

DMA and Friends could be flip flopped based on tie breakers.. CA vs Glasgow final is impossible lol

You are correct

2 - Glasgow vs 7 Caravel
4 - Milford vs 5 DMA

DMA and Friends could be flip flopped based on tie breakers.. CA vs Glasgow final is impossible lol
No free beer for U RR

Reactions: Jawnsky
You are correct

2 - Glasgow vs 7 Caravel
4 - Milford vs 5 DMA

Milford is at 39 as well. Maybe they are going on a road trip as previously mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT