ADVERTISEMENT

Double D looking good

A lot of assists for the red head paisan. Tomorrow at noon the Cats play the Tide.
This is an interesting up year. Hoping DD gets to the Final 4...

Reactions: 84rider
Something is glaringly obvious to me watching this NCAA Tourney. The college game needs to move their 3-point line back.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Something is glaringly obvious to me watching this NCAA Tourney. The college game needs to move their 3-point line back.
Yes they do.. When they get to NBA.. Most of them struggle with the 3.. Takes them 2 to 3 years to adjust...

Yes they do.. When they get to NBA.. Most of them struggle with the 3.. Takes them 2 to 3 years to adjust...
I have to look it up but isn't the international (Olympic) 3 point line somewhere in between. I think the NCAA basketball committee tried to move it back to the international line like 15 years ago but the coaches raised so much hell they didn't make the change. I may be wrong....

I have to look it up but isn't the international (Olympic) 3 point line somewhere in between. I think the NCAA basketball committee tried to move it back to the international line like 15 years ago but the coaches raised so much hell they didn't make the change. I may be wrong....
Highschool - 19.75 feet
College - 20.75 feet
Olympics - 22 feet 1 3/4
NBA - 23 feet 9 inches
Big difference from college line to NBA.. 3 feet difference. . College has to be 22 feet 9 inches ..

Wo...misread brackets. Cats play Texas Tech who I have never seen play......

Last edited:
DD is good college player but lacks speed for the NBA. His duck shuffle and no forward speed will impede him him going forward. Dude is slow none the less his BBIQ is on point

On some of your basic analysis I agree. He will still has 2 years left at Nova. He would probably have to become a lights out 3 point shooter to get an NBA opportunity. A similar player may be Rex Chapman...who made it with shooting skills.

He would be a natural for Europe but let's let it play out.....

Reactions: ROSCOEJENKINS
He has plenty of time.. He can work on his flaws two more years... Got to work on his handle too... But Donte has to be willing to be spot up shooter on the outside.. To make it to next level.. Kyle Korver Cavs type of player in the NBA...

College 3 point shooters don’t make NBA on that alone. Notre Dame had shooter a few years back McCafferty or something like that that couldn’t make a team because he wasn't quick enough to play defense and he was way better than DD. College 3 pt line has become a joke anyway. Point being kid is not going to get taller, faster or quicker at this point. Not that there is anything wrong with that just is what it is JMHO

Last edited:
College 3 point shooters don’t make NBA on that alone. Notre Dame had shooter a few years back McCafferty or something like that that couldn’t make a team because he wasn't quick enough to play defense and he was way better than DD. College 3 pt line has become a joke anyway. Point being kid is not going to get taller, faster or quicker at this point. Not that there is anything wrong with that just is what it is JMHO
He not way better than Donte.. Donte way more athletic. Please.. He wasnt that good..

Dude your analysis is terrible. He will make the nba he is already getting looks. Why can’t we all be happy for our kids in the state. But if it was Trevon everyone would be estastic which jn reality he is overrated

I am rooting for the kid. He is VERY athletic. I believe this year he understands his role as a 6th man and understands Villanova has a magnitude of playmakers. IMO next year will determine how far his talents can take him. With Brunson and Bridges most likely gone next season, they will be looking for Donte to be their go to guy. I am excited to see how he fairs next season being their go to guy like Brunson and Bridges is this year for them. Until then, he knows when they need him to score he will scotr, when they need him to get boards he will, and when they need him to set things up and get assists he will. Go Nova!

Lol ok. Homers

We don't want hope to get ahead of reality here but Donte had a solid game today. Nova was somewhat below their standard and still won. They will have to play better to beat Kansas.

Would I be a homer if I wanted to see a Loyola - Nova final?

On a different note, IMO I think we can say Donte has exceeded Cooney. Cooney had a he'll of a career at Syracuse taking them to 2 Final Fours. Yet, based off stats and athleticism, I am giving the nod to Donte at this point. DD average almost 14PPG this season with about 4 APG and 5 RPG . He also has a higher FG% than Cooney had. Cooney was about 12, 3, and 2 every year of his career that he started (3 years). Donte is more athletic, a better pure shooter, and a lot better rebounder than Cooney was. I would say Cooney was slightly better with his free throws and not turning the ball over. Any thoughts?

He will make the nba he is already getting looks.
I hope he does but slow down. He doesn't even start in college yet. Let's see what the next two years bring before we start talking NBA. A lot of people thought Cooney would land in the NBA too.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
On a different note, IMO I think we can say Donte has exceeded Cooney. Cooney had a he'll of a career at Syracuse taking them to 2 Final Fours. Yet, based off stats and athleticism, I am giving the nod to Donte at this point. DD average almost 14PPG this season with about 4 APG and 5 RPG . He also has a higher FG% than Cooney had. Cooney was about 12, 3, and 2 every year of his career that he started (3 years). Donte is more athletic, a better pure shooter, and a lot better rebounder than Cooney was. I would say Cooney was slightly better with his free throws and not turning the ball over. Any thoughts?
He is a better NBA prospect than Cooney was for sure but better pure shooter??? I can’t agree with that one there.

@J12 the stats.from college reference say other wise.

Cooney FG%.....404 and .359 as soph and junior. His 2pt% was .463 and .438

Donte FG%.....466 and .477. Hid 2pt% .563 and .571

So we have Cooney at .404 and .359 while Donte has .466 and .477 and Cooney at .463 and .438 while Donte is .563 and .571

He is a full .100 higher then Cooney was.

Donte FG% overall is better than Cooney had for even his 2ptFG%

Reactions: jvm3 and 84rider
AllHeart comes out of his corner with some lightning quick jabs defending his red head Paisan brother from the Big S. Good job, AH. Cooney was a great HS player and a solid college player. Donte has that athleticism that makes his future development intriguing. I don't project him to an NBA roster but what do I know.

Reactions: AllHeart28
I think DD will make to the NBA, he has the intangibles the teams are looking for at the next level. Next season will be pivotal with Brunson leaving. I see DD as the face of Nova basketball in the next 2 seasons. I’m definitely hoping for big things from him, he has done nothing but excel year after year. I’m a fan, js

Reactions: Chill44
@J12 the stats.from college reference say other wise.

Cooney FG%.....404 and .359 as soph and junior. His 2pt% was .463 and .438

Donte FG%.....466 and .477. Hid 2pt% .563 and .571

So we have Cooney at .404 and .359 while Donte has .466 and .477 and Cooney at .463 and .438 while Donte is .563 and .571

He is a full .100 higher then Cooney was.

Donte FG% overall is better than Cooney had for even his 2ptFG%

@AllHeart28 When I speak in terms of pure shooter I’m talking about specifically jump shots & not the overall FG percentage especially in this comparison because Donte can get to the basket, get a lot more easier buckets & Cooney shot majority 3s. I also think that Cooney’s degree of difficulty on his shots were tougher as I seen him force more while Donte usually takes the open jump shots that the defense gives him. For example if you take a look at NBA 3-point percentages you will find Steph Curry around #13 but there is no way all of those guys ahead of him are better “pure shooters”...he just shoots a lot more & a lot of tough shots. In my opinion Donte is by far a better prospect in terms of NBA “potential” because he can do more, but with that being said if I am just talking in terms of OK these guys are about to have a 3-point shootout type of competition then I’m giving Cooney the nod.

I think Donte only stays one more year at Villanova. I would be surprised if he stays for 2 but delighted. I think he has a real chance at the NBA. Cats will have a solid team around him if only Bridges and Brunson leave. He won't be anywhere near the primary ballhandler with JQ, Boof and Gilliespie so he can continue to be a scorer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT