ADVERTISEMENT

Double D looking good

If all goes as planned Bridges and Brunson graduate in May and will forego their last year of eligibility. Jay Wright said just that in an interview after the Big East final on national TV.

As he was redshirted 2 years ago, Donte will probably graduate in May 2019. He could come back in 19-20 as a grad student or transfer with no penalty or make himself eligible for the NBA. Whether he would make it or not is anothe issue. I can't see him transferring unless Jay Wright move on to the NBA....

DiVincenzo. 28 minutes. 15 points. 8 rebounds. 3 assists. Not too shabby.

I am afraid that Michigan will end their run.

Happy Easter!

Reactions: 84rider
hi-res-8a349bf5ef74269114456fdd410e1d97_crop_north.jpg

The analyst from last night’s game feel he could play in the nba but our local analyst of depreps think he can’t. Oh the humor in all of this.
I don’t think it is that some don’t feel as though he can I think that some just think he can get even more prepared by sticking around 1 to 2 more years. If you aren’t a 1st Round lock then that that NBA roster can be hard to find a spot on. I think he will stay another year then maybe leave after his junior year for the draft.

Donte has put in a TON of work past couple years, shooting, weight room, defense . Passing has always been good . But the best thing he does, better than 99% of players, is HUSTLE. every night , every trip. And it paid off on the Big Stage. Good for him!!

Remember Donte is a Red-shirt Sophomore. If he stays one more year, he can graduate (or be real close) from Villanova. He is a definite pro -- 6'4" to 6'5" with with great mechanics and NBA leaping ability. I think he can stick in the League, but worst case he plays 5 to 10 years in Europe.

The analyst from last night’s game feel he could play in the nba but our local analyst of depreps think he can’t. Oh the humor in all of this.
I think a more appropriate statement would be that "some analyst's from last nights game feel he is NBA ready, while others do not". That opinion seems to be pretty much split on this board as well. I think the place you should be looking for the answer would be NBA mock drafts prior to last night. He was not on the board and probably would be a late second round pick if you believe in those type of projections.
On the other hand, there is no doubt in MY MIND that he would benefit from another season of being a LEADER for one of the top ranked teams in the country.

I think a more appropriate statement would be that "some analyst's from last nights game feel he is NBA ready, while others do not". That opinion seems to be pretty much split on this board as well. I think the place you should be looking for the answer would be NBA mock drafts prior to last night. He was not on the board and probably would be a late second round pick if you believe in those type of projections.
On the other hand, there is no doubt in MY MIND that he would benefit from another season of being a LEADER for one of the top ranked teams in the country.

Nailed it Ikey. Last night was so stunning that excess praise is not enough. Another year at Nova...In the NBA ...does he have the handle for PG? Is his shot good enough to play the 2? Off of last night, he can just retire and prepare his speech for the Naismith induction.

I listen to the NBA radio network a lot...it ought to be interesting to hear what the various analysts think.

At th 4:15 minute mark LeBron James weighs in on Donte. Funny....
LeBron is crediting his success and health this year to getting more sleep. Apparently, a reporter asks if he stayed up and watched the Villanova game last night. He says"yes."
The reporter then says "what did you see?" LeBron laughs and then does 8-9 sentences on Donte...

Last edited:
If Donte dont declare now.. He is getting bad advice. . Nothing else he can do on the court in college. . Time to move on.. Best chance is now for NBA. .. Never be able to top the performance in title game.. My predictions he will declare by end of the week coach Wright praising him...

I'm actually on the fence on whether he should declare or not. There are strong reasons for declaring, and strong reasons for staying at Villanova. Like I said, he's got a really tough decision to make. I will support whatever he decides.

I'm actually on the fence on whether he should declare or not. There are strong reasons for declaring, and strong reasons for staying at Villanova. Like I said, he's got a really tough decision to make. I will support whatever he decides.

That's going to be a tough decision. His value is at a peak. He could get injured next year. I am sure sneaker representatives will be making their pitches as soon as he declares (if he does). Some people would say that is a good problem to have. I am actually agreeing with yaz, please mark the time and date...

@84
go get the Money!!
Villanova isn’t going anywhere...
DD’s stock is through the roof!!
$$$$$$$$

@84
go get the Money!!
Villanova isn’t going anywhere...
DD’s stock is through the roof!!
$$$$$$$$
It depends on what you call through the roof...there is no doubt it just rose into draft talks but the Sports Illustrated updated Mock Draft after March Madness that I just read had him going 2nd Round at #32 to the Grizzlies. The question is does he want to risk that & not be able to go back to Villanova to play if he doesn’t make an NBA roster after being drafted. True enough he could still rise even higher throughout the draft process & workouts but there is some risk either way...tough decision.

FYI...This same Mock Draft also had Trevon Duval falling all the way down in the 2nd Round to #49 overall & he was the #1 point guard in the nation coming out of high school a year ago & a guaranteed Lottery Pick this year coming from most people. Should he still come out now as well or stick around & play with that heavy recruiting class that Duke has coming in? My point is that it is hard to judge these kids at such a young age & a small sample size...every kid’s situation is different & I just hope that they are getting the right advice from the people within their camp vs those of us who just want to see them take that shot ASAP to the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
lol, in that article it talks about his twitter account that was hacked, haters will hate, probably a Michigan fan

Reactions: Dropping 3's
My mistake i should have been clear. I don’t think he should leave early for the NBA. I think he should finish what he started at Nova. I agree unless your a lottery pick why leave. I get it risk injury or whatever but if he doesn’t make a team or is cut than he lost that free money for college and than what. Get that degree so you can be set with life after b-ball.
But I do think the nba is a legit shot for him.

Next year draft will be way deeper than this year... Donte can always go back and get his degree... Only one year left to graduate... NBA draft next year is serious. Donte better leave now... He wont have a shot next year in first round next year... Class too deep.. Duke and Kentucky will have 5 players each in draft next year... Time is now or never ..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT