ADVERTISEMENT

Dual States

upstatewrestlingfan

Getting reps on JV
Feb 21, 2017
With dual season currently underway, who do you think are the top 8 seeds for dual states?

D1: Sallies, Cape, CR, Central & Penn are locks

D2: Caravel, DMA, Lake Forest, & Laurel

Top teams so far:
D1: Central CR Cape Sallies WP Smyrna

D2: DMA, Caravel, Tower Hill, Laurel, St. Marks, Lake Forest, Red Lion

Top teams so far:
D1: Central CR Cape Sallies WP Smyrna

D2: DMA, Caravel, Tower Hill, Laurel, St. Marks, Lake Forest, Red Lion
D1:
1. Central
2. CR
3. Sallies
4. Cape
5. WP
6. Smyrna

D2:
1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Tower Hill
4. St. Marks
5. Laurel
6. Lake Forrest

I have Sallies #3 because of the loss to CR. However, I think that match ends differently if they face off again and I still stand by my prediction earlier this year. Sallies D1 champs and Caravel D2 Champs.

D1:
1. Central
2. CR
3. Sallies
4. Cape
5. WP
6. Smyrna

D2:
1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Tower Hill
4. St. Marks
5. Laurel
6. Lake Forrest

I have Sallies #3 because of the loss to CR. However, I think that match ends differently if they face off again and I still stand by my prediction earlier this year. Sallies D1 champs and Caravel D2 Champs.
Teams 3-6 in D2 are all super tight matches. I think DMA wins D2.

D1:
1. Central
2. CR
3. Sallies
4. Cape
5. WP
6. Smyrna

D2:
1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Tower Hill
4. St. Marks
5. Laurel
6. Lake Forrest

Caravel without Ioannoni and Hall may swing that CA/DMA match in favor of the Seahawks.

Reactions: trapblock22
It looks like they are both out. Ionanoi hasn't wrestled all year. I don't even think it is going to matter in dual states if Poore goes down to 120 like he is doing for individual. DMA is going to win.

It looks like they are both out. Ionanoi hasn't wrestled all year. I don't even think it is going to matter in dual states if Poore goes down to 120 like he is doing for individual. DMA is going to win.
Why would Poore go down to 120? That doesn’t make any sense

From what I've heard, I think Hall will return but I don't know that Ioannoni will wrestle this year. But I don't know why anyone thinks Poore is going 120. He hasn't wrestled 120 at all. And even if you meant 126, he also hasn't competed there much. He only wrestled 126 for tournaments where maybe facing national level competition, like the Beast and Escape the Rock.

Reactions: upstatewrestlingfan
I think Poore stays at 132, there is a lot less competition. I am more interested in what Radecki does more than Poore. If Radecki goes 126 and Pratt drops down to 126… that weight class gets awfully deep.

I think Poore stays at 132, there is a lot less competition. I am more interested in what Radecki does more than Poore. If Radecki goes 126 and Pratt drops down to 126… that weight class gets awfully deep.
126 is going to be super deep. Quarters semis and finals at 126 should be fun to watch. Will copes go 120 for states?

The D2 field seems to be set now. The seeding will be hard to decide.
1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Laurel
4. St Marks
5. Lake Forest
6. Tower Hill
7. Red Lion
8. McKean

Just my prediction.. anyone else have any idea of how seeding works?

• The Division I tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight A Champion, the Henlopen North Champion and six (6) at-large teams.

• The Division II tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight B Champion, the Henlopen South Champion and six (6) at-large teams.
B. The State Wrestling Committee (SWC) will select at-large teams for both Division I and Division II tournaments and determine the order of seeding of both tournament fields.
1. All teams wishing to be considered for selection, including automatic qualifiers, shall complete the application included in this manual and forward to the DIAA Executive Director no later than noon on Friday, February 10, 2023.
2. The following criteria are used by the SWC to determine selection and seeding:
a. Head-to-head competition,
b. regular season competition results against common opponents,
c. strength of schedule,
d. additional information provided on the application. Coaches are encouraged to provide any information they feel will assist the SWC in selecting and seeding their team accurately.
C. Seeding: Teams in each division will be seeded #1 through #8 in a traditional 8 team bracket. In the event that eight teams do not apply, seed #1 would get a bye followed by seed #2 that would get the second bye. There would be no change to the brackets once the tournament starts.

• The Division I tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight A Champion, the Henlopen North Champion and six (6) at-large teams.

• The Division II tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight B Champion, the Henlopen South Champion and six (6) at-large teams.
B. The State Wrestling Committee (SWC) will select at-large teams for both Division I and Division II tournaments and determine the order of seeding of both tournament fields.
1. All teams wishing to be considered for selection, including automatic qualifiers, shall complete the application included in this manual and forward to the DIAA Executive Director no later than noon on Friday, February 10, 2023.
2. The following criteria are used by the SWC to determine selection and seeding:
c. strength of schedule,
d. additional information provided on the application. Coaches are encouraged to provide any information they feel will assist the SWC in selecting and seeding their team accurately.
C. Seeding: Teams in each division will be seeded #1 through #8 in a traditional 8 team bracket. In the event that eight teams do not apply, seed #1 would get a bye followed by seed #2 that would get the second bye. There would be no change to the brackets once the tournament starts.
1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Tower Hill
4. St Marks
5. Laurel
6. Lake
7. Red Lion
8 Mckean

Caravel gets nod over DMA due to Cape common opponent. Even with TH loss to Red Lion I still have them as 3 since they beat every other team h2h and RL beat none.

The only team I can see that Tower Hill and Red Lion haven't wrestled is Laurel, I believe Laurel was scheduled to wrestle Red Lion in a tri meet but was cancelled. I would like to see Laurel wrestle them both but only looks like they are only likely to meet at Duals. Could prove interesting. But Caravel and DMA seem to the favorite in D2.

The only team I can see that Tower Hill and Red Lion haven't wrestled is Laurel, I believe Laurel was scheduled to wrestle Red Lion in a tri meet but was cancelled. I would like to see Laurel wrestle them both but only looks like they are only likely to meet at Duals. Could prove interesting. But Caravel and DMA seem to the favorite in D2.
Tower Hill beat Laurel at Spartan Duals, 39-38.

c. strength of schedule,
I wish they would do away with the auto bid from the Blue Hen Flight B Champion. It's not a competitive enough conference to justify having it.

1. Caravel
2. DMA
3. Tower Hill
4. St Marks
5. Laurel
6. Lake
7. Red Lion
8 Mckean

Caravel gets nod over DMA due to Cape common opponent. Even with TH loss to Red Lion I still have them as 3 since they beat every other team h2h and RL beat none.
I think Caravel is more likely to be beaten in the semis than dma is. Caravel has holes also have studs as well. Should be a fun dual whoever gets caravel in the semis

I think the seeds will be:
1. caravel
2. dma
3. tower hill
4. st marks
5. laurel
6. lake
7. red lion or IR
8 mckean

1. central
2. cape
3. cr
4. sallies
5. WP
6. smryna
7. st georges
8. milford?

I think the seeds will be:
1. caravel
2. dma
3. tower hill
4. st marks
5. laurel
6. lake
7. red lion or IR
8 mckean

1. central
2. cape
3. cr
4. sallies
5. WP
6. smryna
7. st georges
8. milford?
This Saturday could change. If sallies wins they could get the 2 or the 3 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT