ADVERTISEMENT

Early season thoughts

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
So season looks a lot different then I expected.

I thought Sallies vs Cape or Appo for championship.

Still think Sallies vs Cape is most likely outcome.

But surprised by some teams so far.

Appo has struggled with their D

CR is 0-2 against decent OOS but they seem much weaker then last year.

DMA looks average at best

Friends is young and weaker

Cape & Archmere are two of the few teams I think looks better then I thought

Sals are the Sals and will be there in the end

Everyone else looks weaker then last year - Dover, St Marks, Caravel, Tower Hill, St Andrews, etc.

Havent seen Sanford yet gonna hit that game tonight they might be a competitor.

Saw Sanford vs Caravel tonight. Sanford looked for real, Caravel is no where close to last year.

Caravel just can’t hit the Lax market. Which is disappointing it’s a perfect school for the sport. IMO. Maybe baseball and softball is king there and it’s not a Lax destination but it should be or could be CA draws from Cecil County MD but Lax isn’t big their either. Got to get the Harford County kids lol

Sanford looks like they could make a run at the top 4, but can't hang with Sals/Cape. It's a 2 team race this year and not even close. Archmere is probably the clear #3 if I had to pick today.

Sanford looks like they could make a run at the top 4, but can't hang with Sals/Cape. It's a 2 team race this year and not even close. Archmere is probably the clear #3 if I had to pick today.

Will be interesting to see if Appo can get thier act together - they beat Cape and Archmere last year And SHOULD be better this year but it hasn’t translated to the actual field.

Funny how in college and high school sports every year is a new team - different chemistry, etc. Teams that on paper should be better play worse and vice versa. Also fascinating to watch.

And while I think Sals seem to be struggling out of the gate I wouldn’t kid yourself it’s still a one team race. Cape, Archmere, Appo, Sanford, etc none of them have the depth to go anfull game with Sallies. It is what it is.

1 Salesianum
2 Cape
3 Archmere
4 Appo
5 CR
6 Tatnal
7 Sanford
8 Tower Hill
9 Middletown
10 Smyrna

I haven't really followed the high school lacrosse scene since I played back in 07,08, and I get it, Cape and Sallies, head and shoulders over everyone else but just trying to see where my alma mater stands right now .

Looking at the scores, they are scoring over 20 and not letting more than 3 goals a game. The season is still very early, but is Middletown finally making its way back up from the push over teams? Or are these teams they are playing just really bad so it makes them look good? What game on their schedule is the game where we will know if They are actually a decent team or could potentially be a "playoff team"?

Caravel just can’t hit the Lax market. Which is disappointing it’s a perfect school for the sport. IMO. Maybe baseball and softball is king there and it’s not a Lax destination but it should be or could be CA draws from Cecil County MD but Lax isn’t big their either. Got to get the Harford County kids lol
"Got to get the Harford County kids - lol" Oh you are such a crack up ! so smart and funny!

I haven't really followed the high school lacrosse scene since I played back in 07,08, and I get it, Cape and Sallies, head and shoulders over everyone else but just trying to see where my alma mater stands right now .

Looking at the scores, they are scoring over 20 and not letting more than 3 goals a game. The season is still very early, but is Middletown finally making its way back up from the push over teams? Or are these teams they are playing just really bad so it makes them look good? What game on their schedule is the game where we will know if They are actually a decent team or could potentially be a "playoff team"?

Other than Appo the last game of the season, there’s not a whole lot to look at, maybe Charter? And that’s not a shot a Middletown. They are having a great season.

I think Middletown’s win last night shows they are a good team this season. Beat DMA 11-7. They are not a top 7 in the state but I think they fall in between 8-12th best currently.

DE will never touch MD in Lax in our life time.. Just saying
having lived in Harford County the lax kids never went anywhere with out their stick.. All the schools and other places have walls to practice against.. They sleep with their stick they dont go anywhere without it .. Its a way of life for them

Last edited:
DE will never touch MD in Lax in our life time.. Just saying
having lived in Harford County the lax kids never went anywhere with out their stick.. All the schools and other places have walls to practice against.. They sleep with their stick they dont go anywhere without it .. Its a way of life for them
MIAA is the gold standard. Harford county. Yeah not so much

So just checked Sallies hasn’t lost 5 games since the Sallies sports started keeping track - 2008.

They still have Hill too and Darien. I have to admit I didn’t see that coming.

So just checked Sallies hasn’t lost 5 games since the Sallies sports started keeping track - 2008.

They still have Hill too and Darien. I have to admit I didn’t see that coming.
I believe the last year Sallies lost 5 games was 2005. The year before Healy started.

I believe the last year Sallies lost 5 games was 2005. The year before Healy started.
Why do you think sals doesn't put stats of their games online like the rest of HS teams in DE. Think is strategic, oversight or laziness?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT