ADVERTISEMENT

Early season top 10

Anyone have a new top 10? Based on recent outcomes ill give it a try.
1. Sallies
2. Cape
3. CR
4. Archmere
5. Appo
6. Tatnall
7. Sanford
8. Friends
9. DMA
10?
Appo has not played much in state to judge from.
Look forward to Archmere vs. Friends tommorrow, usually a fight down to the wire.

Huge game Friday Appo @ CR

1. Sallies

2. CR

3. Appo or Archmere or Cape

6. Friends

7. St Andrews

8. DMA

9. Caravel

10. Tatnall

Imo

CR 10 St Peter & Paul(MD) 9
SPP out shot CR 31-28
Stant CR 12 saves, probably the difference.
Seems like Goalies are underrated but Stant is one the top Goalies in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarzan79
Rider and Nole.....you guys seem to know the game very well. I do not know much but know Sals are a powerhouse. Riders and Sals play 5/15 so quite poss a championship preview. My question is this.....any chance they could meet each other in playoffs BEFORE the title game?

If they finish 1 & 2 and both win all their playoff matchups then they will meet for the title

Reactions: Jawnsky
If Sallies wins the 5/15 matchup, I still think CR would get the #2 spot, Cape already lost to Sals. CR is 4-0 out of state against great competition. If Cape beats CR 5/9 then Cape would move into the #2 spot and Sallies and CR would meet in the semis

If Sallies wins the 5/15 matchup, I still think CR would get the #2 spot, Cape already lost to Sals. CR is 4-0 out of state against great competition. If Cape beats CR 5/9 then Cape would move into the #2 spot and Sallies and CR would meet in the semis

Think due to bonus points and more wins I think CR will be #2. But as Rider said if CR lost to both Sallies and Cape that might
Be enough to move Cape to #2 but that’s not even guaranteed.

I have seen both and IMO Cape isn’t beating CR. Just my opinion. Cape is young this year.

Reactions: Jawnsky and 84rider
Based on all the info you guys provide-sounds like it would be crazy if the Championship game is not Sallies/Riders. 5/15 will be one to watch!

Reactions: 84rider
Do out of state opponents give same bonus points that in state would?

Sallies hasn't been the top seed every year, quite a few times they've received a 2-4 seed. I think Friends was 1 last year.

So, some odd seedings due to bonus points could screw up the opportunity to see Sals vs CR in the finals.

Cape vs CR will tell us a lot.

Do out of state opponents give same bonus points that in state would?

Sallies hasn't been the top seed every year, quite a few times they've received a 2-4 seed. I think Friends was 1 last year.

So, some odd seedings due to bonus points could screw up the opportunity to see Sals vs CR in the finals.

Cape vs CR will tell us a lot.

Agreed games that will really tell us who is in the running are:

Sallies vs CR
Cape vs CR
Cape vs Friends
St Andrews vs Friends

MOT Charter, DMA, Caravel, and Tatnall are all right behind those teams and could pull off an upset in the tournment.

On Sallies I do think OOS count but some of those teams arent as good as people think and they dont get bonuses for them. From what I can see this year though they will get a lot of bonus points.

1. Sals
2. CR
3. Cape
4. Archmere
5. St. Andrews
6. Friends
7. DMA
8. Caravel
9. Dover
10. Tatnall
11. Sanford
12. Appo
13. Milford
14. Polytech
15. MOT Charter, St. Marks, Charter

Last edited:
Reactions: DEHSFan22
Nice win today for St Andrews avenging an early season lose to WFriends, 11-10

CR barely escaped archmere but cape seemed to handle archmere with ease. Opinions? Was one of these a fluke? Based on that it seems like Cape would beat Cr.

CR barely escaped archmere but cape seemed to handle archmere with ease. Opinions? Was one of these a fluke? Based on that it seems like Cape would beat Cr.

I have seen both and I dont think so, think CR is a more mature and well rounded team

The CR vs Cape game will be closer than people think. Teams are very familiar with each other.

CR, stevenson is banged up, only playing limited minutes, only played 5 mins or so against Dover.....should be back to full strength next week....doubt if plays tonight against charter.

Top 12 in tiers

Sals

Cape
CR

Archmere
Friends
DMA
Appo
St. Andrews

Dover
Caravel
Tatnall
Sanford

imo, Sanford is the team that no one wants to see early in the tournament.

Good game, it went as expected, a toss up, good job Cape, hopefully they will meet up again.On a side note Sallies beat Cape 16-3, I would expect something around the same score when they play CR.

Good game, it went as expected, a toss up, good job Cape, hopefully they will meet up again.On a side note Sallies beat Cape 16-3, I would expect something around the same score when they play CR.

Sallies is young this year on d and still killing it. Damn

Reactions: 84rider
Sals had a shot but could never get over the hump. Malvern only led 8-7 with about 7 minutes left in the game. Malvern the better team for sure. But the Sals went toe to toe with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT