ADVERTISEMENT

Excessive Celebration

pinemagain

Mascot
Jan 16, 2011
This year at the CR/Smyrna match the 195 pound Smyrna wrestler lost a team point for excessive celebration. DIAA rules I suppose. However, every year at the state tournament, every state champion from a team which shall remain nameless is carried around the mat by said team's coach. Excessive ? Discuss amongst yourselves.

It’s a tradition and I don’t see a problem with it at all. Might wanna prepare yourself to see it 4 or 5 more times Saturday.

No issue with it at all. Coach Dulin did it for years and Howell continued the tradition. I wouldn't care if every coach carried their champion around the mat. Good for them, the kids love that.

Reactions: Your real name
Damn, no one saying anything about the cigar light up? Lol. Obviously untrue and just wanted to see a quick reaction.

I do remember a great scene of sportsmanship in 2001. Dwayne Graham from CR and Joe Ferrera from St. Marks. The dudes were battling, and I mean battling, the full 6 minutes. It was an awesome match. I was in 8th grade at the time and I remember after Ferrera lost, even after losing defending his title, helped raise his opponents hand and raised it to both sides of the gym.

It just stuck with me that after battling like they did he still respected the battle and the match knowing he gave it his all and helped raise his opponents arm for a good 15 seconds.

I was thinking to my self, man I never heard of that. Then I thought bad mama jama to pre plan and a fast pin so not to break the cigar. Figured He'd get OW for pinning through the tourney. Maybe Janvier, LOL.

Reactions: GorillaDE
Lol I was just trying to think of some crazy celebration that could have happened and it was the first thing that popped in my head.

Tony Wuest would be the wrestler you talked about. Stepped over the CR kid after he pinned him. Personally have no problem with it but it was a team point. Close meet and I’m sure it fired up the team after that. Worth a team point. Sure why not. Wuest has to have some fun nobody can take him out of the first round. I’m sure at States it’ll be strictly business for him though

Reactions: GorillaDE
Tony Wuest would be the wrestler you talked about. Stepped over the CR kid after he pinned him. Personally have no problem with it but it was a team point. Close meet and I’m sure it fired up the team after that. Worth a team point. Sure why not. Wuest has to have some fun nobody can take him out of the first round. I’m sure at States it’ll be strictly business for him though

Yeah, I'm sure CR got absolutely no motivation out of it at all...at some later point in the season, say around 7 days later. Well worth the team point...

Hey as long as he can take it when the situation comes his way. Take a look at the Wuest/Clavier match from a couple years ago on Youtube.(over 12 minutes long) Clavier handled him pretty well. Match got a little chippy, a push or two and an obvious swing was thrown. Clavier never seemed to react to any of it.

The threads about excessive celebration and Smyrna wrestlers getting carried around the mat. Wuest got carried around the mat that year correct? How am I off point?

Hmmm, Nothing I talked about had anything to do with confereces, states or being carried around. My fault I guess

Lol here we go again. We are in a forum so irregardless of you being a bad ass karate master we can discus your son just like we can discuss anyone else's kids.

The threads about excessive celebration and Smyrna wrestlers getting carried around the mat. Wuest got carried around the mat that year correct? How am I off point?

Jeez, are you that dense? That was his sophomore year, he was hurt in the semis and did not wrestle in the finals. It seems like everyone is respectfully not bringing that up but you persist.

Reactions: myrealname
We haven't had a state champion since Tony West in 1986. When we get ours you might see cart wheels (if I can still do them), the running man, the cabbage patch, or a backspin (never could figure out the helicopter).

I’ll entertain this, this is fun. First of all, I don’t know first thing about Karate, I think Karate is stupid. Secondly, all I said was if you have a question or concern let me know; I will give you the accurate information instead of you all assuming. Next, this my name that I use here on this forum as I’m not afraid of anyone and need to talk tough and hide behind a fake name. As for the other people on here, I have no idea who they are.

I’m pops and if you have a question or concern feel free to ask.

I find it funny that 3 people liked your post. So in agreeing with your post, we should just call you if we post or respond to a post about your son. Thus it negates the need for a public forum. I for one believe your son is a damn good wrestler maybe one of the best in a long while. With that being said I see no reason to call you about your sons public life ie wrestling. I wouldn’t comment on his private life because I know nothing about it.

I find it funny that 3 people liked your post. So in agreeing with your post, we should just call you if we post or respond to a post about your son. Thus it negates the need for a public forum. I for one believe your son is a damn good wrestler maybe one of the best in a long while. With that being said I see no reason to call you about your sons public life ie wrestling. I wouldn’t comment on his private life because I know nothing about it.
Three people two of which of Smyrna trolls using sals2011 as a screen name even though they are obviously Smyrna fans and one who trolled my name and is also a shs faithful. So we can talk on here about anyone except him. Got it. He's a great athlete and I never said a bad word. So he teabags an opponent or two when he gets up. It happens. You guys have fun at states. This chick is going to a brew fest lolz lolz

Three people two of which of Smyrna trolls using sals2011 as a screen name even though they are obviously Smyrna fans and one who trolled my name and is also a shs faithful. So we can talk on here about anyone except him. Got it. He's a great athlete and I never said a bad word. So he teabags an opponent or two when he gets up. It happens. You guys have fun at states. This chick is going to a brew fest lolz lolz

You caught me, I'm obviously a smyrna troll. Thats why I had Jackson Dean over Wuest in the forum about p4p and defended my choice against the smyrna faithful, Seems a bit contradicting. I'm active on all the other forums and you will see this is the only place i've every brought up smyrna. They are obviously one of the better teams so they will naturally come up in conversation. You think if i was some diehard smyrna fan I would be defending them about excessive celebration.

I liked his post because i find it funny how everyone is making everything so personal on this forum. This week has been ridiculous with all of the bickering and threats. Sportsmanship seems to be the topic this week on the forums yet all the parents and coaches on here are trying to fight one another. This is a wrestling forum yet nobody seems to want to talk about actual wrestling.

I liked his post because i find it funny how everyone is making everything so personal on this forum. This week has been ridiculous with all of the bickering and threats. Sportsmanship seems to be the topic this week on the forums yet all the parents and coaches on here are trying to fight one another. This is a wrestling forum yet nobody seems to want to talk about actual wrestling.

LOL... I agree. Everyone takes it all too personal. I'd talk wrestling but I'm not a "know all" kind of person, I know the kids my kid is friends with and a few others (but keep in mind, my boy is a social animal).

Me... all I saw this week was a bunch of people complaining about following the rules and guidelines and no one seemed able to accept results. I felt like I was in a big auditorium and we were giving out participation trophies. One of the reasons my daughter stopped doing gymnastics competitively was because they went out to almost 18th place in each category. Personally I would be embarrassed to go up and accept that.. but hey, I guess the DIAA decided to go out to 17th this year. :D

LOL... I agree. Everyone takes it all too personal. I'd talk wrestling but I'm not a "know all" kind of person, I know the kids my kid is friends with and a few others (but keep in mind, my boy is a social animal).

Me... all I saw this week was a bunch of people complaining about following the rules and guidelines and no one seemed able to accept results. I felt like I was in a big auditorium and we were giving out participation trophies. One of the reasons my daughter stopped doing gymnastics competitively was because they went out to almost 18th place in each category. Personally I would be embarrassed to go up and accept that.. but hey, I guess the DIAA decided to go out to 17th this year. :D

Exactly, it's the week of states and there hasn't been a single post about who everyone thinks will win each weight class. I just started following wrestling last season so the only kids I know are the ones who placed last year and the few freshman who made big impacts this season. Everyone seems to want to talk about throwing head gear and playoff seeding, when in less than 48 hours states start.

I'd make predictions but then I would probably be asked if I was drunk... and well then, I would have to plead the 5th. Honestly, I will be happy for whoever wins and anybody who knows me can contest to this... I will be one of the 1st in line to congratulate one of my son's opponents and I always make sure to say congrats to each winner.

So let the predictions begin, I love reading posts while I sip my wine. :cool:;):p

Exactly, it's the week of states and there hasn't been a single post about who everyone thinks will win each weight class. I just started following wrestling last season so the only kids I know are the ones who placed last year and the few freshman who made big impacts this season. Everyone seems to want to talk about throwing head gear and playoff seeding, when in less than 48 hours states start.
Could be bc with all the talk of adding this one and that one or not that one, no one knows who will be on the brackets to discuss :rolleyes:

I'll be sipping some red on Friday while following in track. I'm a wild and crazy one lolz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT