ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early predictions

Dec 8, 2020
No back to back state champions

At least one coach gets let go or quits before end of season

Not enough refs for games this season and schedules will change

At least one state champ comes from Sussex county

All transfers are legal but group on board will still complain.

DIAA will set new rules at end of season and none of us will understand seeding for playoffs.

Red Lion takes big step up

Sallies in Chip

Cape takes step forward upsets at least 2 this year

Fans will be banned from a game this year

Team will put 70 on someone and apologize after

McKean will be 500 and make playoffs

Please feel free to add to this craziness.

With Paul Worrilow as DC, The Sals will actually tackle people. Old timers who think the Sals have turned soft will be buying rounds at Gallucio’s and other watering holes.

With Paul Worrilow as DC, The Sals will actually tackle people. Old timers who think the Sals have turned soft will be buying rounds at Gallucio’s and other watering holes.
Sals defense has led the way the last 2 seasons. They along with special teams are the main reason they won as many games as they did. The offense didn’t even have a passing TD until the CR game which I think was week 5. Genes offense was the issue…no changes there.

Sals defense has led the way the last 2 seasons. They along with special teams are the main reason they won as many games as they did. The offense didn’t even have a passing TD until the CR game which I think was week 5. Genes offense was the issue…no changes there.
DE…I will admit the offense generally struggled. Having said that the defense led the way by giving 106 points in 3 of their last 4 games.…giving up 42 to Smyrna, 30 to Appo and 34 to Middletown. If that is leading the way, the Bumster is going to change his name and moving to Marcus Hook..

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Apologies, DE. It was a frustrating season. The last 1/3 of the season was real bad. I think the Sals covered kicks better last year but all in all there wasn’t much improvement. New season. Time for Bummy to turn the page.

Last edited:
Apologies, DE. It was a frustrating season. The last 1/3 of the season was real bad. I think the Sals covered kicks better last year but all in all there wasn’t much improvement. New season. Time for Bummy to turn the page.
How many of those points came off of short fields in Mtown and Smyrna including pick 6 in both and multiple interceptions in their own zones. Based off of memory I would bet Sals threw 2-3 picks vs Smyrna and more vs Mtown. I believe the Appo game also had a pick six on the final drive to seal the loss as well.

Just went back and looked it up…Mtown started the game with a kickoff return for TD . ( not offense fault). Then had a 59yd fumble return to the 3…..39yd fumble return to the 1 defense held for 3 downs. 4 interceptions. Smyrna game gave up a pick 6 on the 1st drive and threw another 3 picks after that including 2 fumbles. Appo game pick 6 on the final drive

OK. Look the team fell apart at last season’s end. Hopefully, Worrilow will bring back a culture of toughness. The Big S has not been physical since the Reeder/O’Neill era.

The offense? Ouch!

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
OK. Look the team fell apart at last season’s end. Hopefully, Worrilow will bring back a culture of toughness. The Big S has not been physical since the Reeder/O’Neill era.

The offense? Ouch!
But can he coach? We have seen plenty of assistants in DEHS w/ “nfl exp” that doesn’t translate to coaching. WP had 2 last year? HVT with 1? The HC at Cape …former HC at Tatnall etc. They still have a WR that will be 20 around graduation. Maybe he can just push the 16yr olds around in the red zone. Ha! Sals used to win by always having the big lines….those days are gone. Gene will need to buy a few athletes in the coming years to grow with that young QB.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT