ADVERTISEMENT

Finals

Mar 7, 2017
Appo vs Caravel

Appo has been great so far and will have POY Joey Davis starting for them.

Caravel the underdogs as the #6 seed and no Kiester as they used him against sallies.

I’m picking appo as the clear favorite, opinions?

Appo vs Caravel

Appo has been great so far and will have POY Joey Davis starting for them.

Caravel the underdogs as the #6 seed and no Kiester as they used him against sallies.

I’m picking appo as the clear favorite, opinions?
Real hot taking the #1 over the #6.. Way to go out on a limb.

Reactions: Passshootpass
Nope, soccer is just being contrary...if you would of picked Caravel the response would of been how could you pick the number 6 team to beat the red hot number 1 team, lmao

Reactions: bballfan27
Appo finishes undefeated. Anyone know the last time that happened?

One of those St. Mark's teams back in the day (for me of course, that would be the 90s) had to do it at least once.

Nope, soccer is just being contrary...if you would of picked Caravel the response would of been how could you pick the number 6 team to beat the red hot number 1 team, lmao
Yeah it was a good run for caravel but i think appo is going to beat them by 10

I don't follow baseball as much as basketball but what I see is Appo had to go 8 and only scored one run beating Suss Tech.

They were pretty fortunate to beat Cape, a 13 seed.

Caravel looked good easily beating Sallies last night.

As far as pedigree, Caravel has a few more championships.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs win it. Not shocked...

Not contrary. Know it all came at some one for picking the #1 and #2 to advance in the semi's thread. Just sort of made me laugh. Do like Briggs logic, but the hill is steep with Davis throwing.

Reactions: 84rider
I would have kept updating last night but I'm not going to pay for the online forum. Kevin pitched amazing last night Sallies pitched their #2 pitcher taking for granted the way they beat us the first time. Moxley beat his alma mater last night but he's still playing with Paul's player's. Like soccer07 said he has to get kid's to come to the school and play for him I see his real test being 2021. Only 3 losing 3 seniors this season isn't going to hurt the program for next year but they are going to be senior heavy next year.

Kids will come to Caravel one for the academics and two for the support CA puts in the baseball program. All sports for that matter. The players will come. Wait until CA gets the new state of the art athletic center built. The project got put on hold do to the widening of wrangle hill rd and CA was forced by the state to pay for the section of the road along their campus but once done the project should be back on

Caravel academics? Are they sending kids to be CEO’s or Congress? I’ll take the money line on Appo tonight on both the academics and baseball game....

Reactions: listening to noise
Kids will come to Caravel one for the academics and two for the support CA puts in the baseball program. All sports for that matter. The players will come. Wait until CA gets the new state of the art athletic center built. The project got put on hold do to the widening of wrangle hill rd and CA was forced by the state to pay for the section of the road along their campus but once done the project should be back on
True

Caravel academics? Are they sending kids to be CEO’s or Congress? I’ll take the money line on Appo tonight on both the academics and baseball game....

Lol to answer your first question. Yes and as far the game it’s a game whomever wins wins. Both teams are capable of winning. I would give Appo the advantage because they have Davis on the mound but with baseball anything that can happen will

Last edited:
Reactions: foshizzle88
Already caravel showing how much class they have. Mox has no control over them or he is just as bad.
How much class they have? If anything caravel handled that loss respectfully. Caravel isn’t how it used to be with the new coaching staff, but for the the better. I lost to caravel in 2009 but I’m starting to route for them as they seem to play with a never give up attitude, opposed to a cocky overpowering attitude.

I always find it funny when people talk about “classy” when it comes to sports. Like they should say thank you sir to the ump when they make a bad call. Lol. Well I guess it used to be like that in jolly ole England in a badminton match lol

As a side note I don’t give a damn about being so called “classy”. I don’t even know what that means what class am I supposed to pretend to be in?

Last edited:
I always find it funny when people talk about “classy” when it comes to sports. Like they should say thank you sir to the ump when they make a bad call. Lol. Well I guess it used to be like that in jolly ole England in a badminton match lol

As a side note I don’t give a damn about being so called “classy”. I don’t even know what that means what class am I supposed to pretend to be in?
I think you should play with passion but keeping it classy would mean not stealing up by 10, not jeering at opposing players ethnicity. But obviously you must’ve graduated from sallies or something like that

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I think you should play with passion but keeping it classy would mean not stealing up by 10, not jeering at opposing players ethnicity. But obviously you must’ve graduated from sallies or something like that

Umm no. I’m a public school graduate and moved arround a lot. Yes I agree you shouldn’t do the things you mentioned. I consider that sportsmanship not being so called “Classy”. Want to have spot of tea ? Lol

Last edited:
Those Caravel boys played great last night and didn't look like a #6 against a #1 loosing 3 to 0 on 3 unearned runs. Mistakes were made Appo took advantage of them that is why they were the #1 that is why they were undefeated. My son was on the losing side of the efforts but unfortunately injured all season still there to cheer for his team. It was a great game and I can't wait until next year my son won't be playing since this was his senior year but I will be watching.

My son was on the losing side of the efforts but unfortunately injured all season still there to cheer for his team. It was a great game and I can't wait until next year my son won't be playing since this was his senior year but I will be watching.
Sorry to hear your son lost his senior year due to injury. That really sucks. Losing any year does, but especially your senior year. All the best to him.

I knew St. Mark's went unbeaten one of Coach Lemon's years, turns out it was my senior year of high school, that might be why I remembered it. Either way, Appo was the best from start to finish. Only Three teams in the 50 year history of this tournament can say they beat everybody in front of them. Those kids, coaches and their community should be super proud.

That catcher had a cannon his throws were on a rope and we weren't able to get the clutch hits that we were use to. Neither team had great success at the plate when you look at the boxscore and pitcher's numbers. That's why they play the game I don't know if anyone mentioned that Appo's Coach was in his first season with the team.

I would have kept updating last night but I'm not going to pay for the online forum. Kevin pitched amazing last night Sallies pitched their #2 pitcher taking for granted the way they beat us the first time. Moxley beat his alma mater last night but he's still playing with Paul's player's. Like soccer07 said he has to get kid's to come to the school and play for him I see his real test being 2021. Only 3 losing 3 seniors this season isn't going to hurt the program for next year but they are going to be senior heavy next year.
Definitely some hills to fill though as the 3 and 4 hitter graduate aswell as the starting pitcher last night. And about them being “pauls players” the seniors from caravel have been there before they even could spell baseball

'76. The News Journal updated their story about it today.

Away from the Board and you guys were making mischief. Yes, I remember the team and I was at the championship game. Here is something strange. I had my 6 month old son in a stroller watching the game. It was a hot day. I had to change a poopy diaper like in the 6th inning. People moved away from me because of a stinky diaper. Was it a kid name Widdoes who got a big hit for the Big S to drive in the winning run?

I can't remember who they beat? (Was it Claymont?)

Back then UD had 2 fields. Championship Saturday consisted of morning semifinal games going on simultaneously and an afternoon championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT