ADVERTISEMENT

First of all congratulations to all of the ladies that received All State honors.

Jan 23, 2016
I thought POY candidates were being evaluated based on their play during the regular basketball season, not based on their entire basketball career. Sanford beat Caravel at all of their recent meetings, at least 5 times straight and they also beat Conrad in their two meetings. My point is L.P. had a good season and Sanford was also undermanned. She did well with the team that she had. A review of her stats, points, assists, steals, rebounds, and way above defensive player was enough to have her name out there for POY. Flashy sometimes yes, but her basketball IQ and skill sets puts her right up there with the best of them, I am also a big Snow fan. Snow is undoubtedly one of the best players in the State. I enjoy watching Julie play and she is one of the best, not the best. Maggie C. Is an excellent player, but I do not think she was the Player of the Year. Unfortunately, Modt if the fans never agree with the selections and that is OK too/this is Delaware

J
I thought POY candidates were being evaluated based on their play during the regular basketball season, not based on their entire basketball career. Sanford beat Caravel at all of their recent meetings, at least 5 times straight and they also beat Conrad in their two meetings. My point is L.P. had a good season and Sanford was also undermanned. She did well with the team that she had. A review of her stats, points, assists, steals, rebounds, and way above defensive play was enough to have her name out there for POY. Flashy sometimes yes, but her basketball IQ and skill sets puts her right up there with the best of them, I am also a big Snow fan. Snow is undoubtedly one of the best players in the State. I enjoy watching Julie play and she is one of the best, not the best. Maggie C. is an excellent player, but I do not think she was the Player of the Year. Unfortunately, most of the fans never agree with the selections and that is OK too/this is Delaware.

I thought POY candidates were being evaluated based on their play during the regular basketball season, not based on their entire basketball career. Sanford beat Caravel at all of their recent meetings, at least 5 times straight and they also beat Conrad in their two meetings. My point is L.P. had a good season and Sanford was also undermanned. She did well with the team that she had. A review of her stats, points, assists, steals, rebounds, and way above defensive play was enough to have her name out there for POY. Flashy sometimes yes, but her basketball IQ and skill sets puts her right up there with the best of them, I am also a big Snow fan. Snow is undoubtedly one of the best players in the State. I enjoy watching Julie play and she is one of the best, not the best. Maggie C. is an excellent player, but I do not think she was the Player of the Year. Unfortunately, most of the fans never agree with the selections and that is OK too/this is Delaware

I thought POY candidates were being evaluated based on their play during the regular basketball season, not based on their entire basketball career. Sanford beat Caravel at all of their recent meetings, at least 5 times straight and they also beat Conrad in their two meetings. My point is L.P. had a good season and Sanford was also undermanned. She did well with the team that she had. A review of her stats, points, assists, steals, rebounds, and way above defensive play was enough to have her name out there for POY. Flashy sometimes yes, but her basketball IQ and skill sets puts her right up there with the best of them, I am also a big Snow fan. Snow is undoubtedly one of the best players in the State. I enjoy watching Julie play and she is one of the best, not the best. Maggie C. is an excellent player, but I do not think she was the Player of the Year. Unfortunately, Most of the fans never agree with the selections and that is OK too/this is Delaware

I thought POY candidates were being evaluated based on their play during the regular basketball season, not based on their entire basketball career. Sanford beat Caravel at all of their recent meetings, at least 5 times straight and they also beat Conrad in their two meetings. My point is L.P. had a good season and Sanford was also undermanned. She did well with the team that she had. A review of her stats, points, assists, steals, rebounds, and way above defensive player was enough to have her name out there for POY. Flashy sometimes yes, but her basketball IQ and skill sets puts her right up there with the best of them, I am also a big Snow fan. Snow is undoubtedly one of the best players in the State. I enjoy watching Julie play and she is one of the best, not the best. Maggie C. Is an excellent player, but I do not think she was the Player of the Year. Unfortunately, Modt if the fans never agree with the selections and that is OK too/this is Delaware

Wow- I'm glad someone else is seeing what i was seeing. I thought Snow, LP, Mayo, Connelly, Kulesza, and Brown before being disqualified should have all been in the running based on there season stats. DIAA will always wait until the championship until they decide who gets it. So my question is can a player that doesn't get there team to the playoffs get player of the year? Three of the players above had two or more 40 point games, and they all lead there teams to the playoffs. One got to the championship and she is the one that received player of the year.

We are know what the girls did on the court, but the Gatorade player of the year is a SCHOLAR/ATHLETE award based on Athletic excellence,Academics achievements and exemplary character.

Just did a little research, this years girls Gatorade player of the year had a weighted GPA of 4.90 avg 17.4 points 6 boards 5.9 assist and 3.7 steals.

Volunteered at the special olympics and tutored younger kids..... Yeah definitely Gatorade player of year....No Debate!

Just did a little research, this years girls Gatorade player of the year had a weighted GPA of 4.90 avg 17.4 points 6 boards 5.9 assist and 3.7 steals.

Volunteered at the special olympics and tutored younger kids..... Yeah definitely Gatorade player of year....No Debate!
Research??? Did you watch any games?? Some of the numbers are definitely inflated (6 ast?? 4 steals?? , the points don't even match the box scores??) but at the end of the day congratulations.

Gatorade player of the year is a SCHOLAR/ATHLETE award based on Athletic excellence,Academic
achievements and exemplary character.

Big Picture,, come on man!! you can't use stats then when someone checks the stats and finds out it inflated now use exemplary character.. She is a great player, great kid, and has had a great career. but there are a lot of kids who played better and had solid grade to justify them getting that award too..And as always she got the award and so i say congrats her.

What stats did they check, the ones he/she said were inflated and didn't match the box scores? And even then the box scores only provide points 20 of her 24 games 'lol'.And if you look at my original post from Thursday at 6:43pm you can see it mentioned Exemplary character.

Last edited:
What stats did they check, the ones he/she said were inflated and didn't match the box scores? And even then the box scores only provide points 20 of her 24 games 'lol'.And if you look at my original post from Thursday at 6:43pm you can see it mentioned Exemplary character.
I have the box score for all 24 games and attended at least 8 of those games. I see how the kid plays and the kid is a very nice player. I take nothing away but I stand by my statement. Congrats to her for a fine season.

Big Picture,, come on man!! you can't use stats then when someone checks the stats and finds out it inflated now use exemplary character.. She is a great player, great kid, and has had a great career. but there are a lot of kids who played better and had solid grade to justify them getting that award too..And as always she got the award and so i say congrats her.

Who played better than her? Just did the math & I have her averaging 16.5 point per game, not to far off. It’s not like it was 4 or 5 point difference like you see on some of these girls. I saw her play 6 or 7 games and she fills the stats sheet for sure. Lead her team to a state chip as a 10th grader, that in itself is impressive and she did it while being injured. Justbasketballfan your bias for your former AAU players is very evident.

Who played better than her? Just did the math & I have her averaging 16.5 point per game, not to far off. It’s not like it was 4 or 5 point difference like you see on some of these girls. I saw her play 6 or 7 games and she fills the stats sheet for sure. Lead her team to a state chip as a 10th grader, that in itself is impressive and she did it while being injured. Justbasketballfan your bias for your former AAU players is very evident.

Sorry Filmore00- you have me confused with someone else. I've never coached any of these girls. As my title says I'm just a fan. And Snow is better than her. She had no support and dragged that team to the play offs. and in two games had 36 points or more. The next would be Lynnjay (me- me) brown. before getting herself disqualified for the rest of the season she too dragged Dickinson to a playoff which that has not seen since in 20 years! She to had out burst of a couple of above 30 point games. the next girl is the Mayo girl. she had better support than the first two and is equal to Maggie. and she led them to the quarter- finals. the next girl is Lauren Park lane-. I could run down and justify why these girls are better but the point is, she is a good player. Do I think she deserve player of the year this year? No.. There was better players this year. There are a lot of girls who get a recognition and are not that good. Again I'm not mad she won. She just was not the player of the year THIS year.

Any one of Caravel, Conrad or Sanford’s top 3 players could of led Dickinson or Concord to the playoffs if they took the same number of shots those two players took. And done an even better job than both by far. Neither one of the players plays any defense either. Both are average players that do not know how to play the game that is why neither player will be playing D1 or D2. She had 30pts vs Archmere in the playoffs, a game which I attended & she only had 8 or 9pts late in the 3rd quarter. Archmere cleared there bench & she continued to score vs JV level players. Again she took almost every shot for her team. It took the Dickinson player 4 years to even reach the playoffs and each year her team played one of the weakest schedule in the state. Concord played a very weak schedule this year to. Good players make there teammates better something that isn’t the case with these two. Shooting 35-40 shots a game just doesn’t add up. With many of there shots being forced or under pressure. With the right coach, AAU program, or even proper skill development they both could have been much better but obviously they didn’t get much of any of the above.

Any one of Caravel, Conrad or Sanford’s top 3 players could of led Dickinson or Concord to the playoffs if they took the same number of shots those two players took. And done an even better job than both by far. Neither one of the players plays any defense either. Both are average players that do not know how to play the game that is why neither player will be playing D1 or D2. She had 30pts vs Archmere in the playoffs, a game which I attended & she only had 8 or 9pts late in the 3rd quarter. Archmere cleared there bench & she continued to score vs JV level players. Again she took almost every shot for her team. It took the Dickinson player 4 years to even reach the playoffs and each year her team played one of the weakest schedule in the state. Concord played a very weak schedule this year to. Good players make there teammates better something that isn’t the case with these two. Shooting 35-40 shots a game just doesn’t add up. With many of there shots being forced or under pressure. With the right coach, AAU program, or even proper skill development they both could have been much better but obviously they didn’t get much of any of the above.

Ok- I wanna make sure your telling me the right thing here. Your telling me that the top three of those teams could drag concord or Dickinson to the playoffs if she was on that team. So for example Kendra Warren could drag that team? Sorry no; Sasha Marvel, maybe concord, but she couldn’t hold it that pace for 20 games and not be frustrated? She would not do it at Dickinson; How about the Conrad Kulesza Sisters, well, they would love the more shots they would get. But there not even solid defenders to play both ends of the floor. The second thing is there not great at creating shots for themselves. Sorry they would shoot a lot but without Ni covering up on the defensive end they would not make the play-offs; Then there is Sanford and Lauren Park-lane. She would be the only one I would feel be able to drag any of those teams to the plays offs. She can get her own shot and create for others. She can control the game with her handle and isn’t afraid to attempt to take over the game. Her Defense isn’t that good but she does a solid job of staying in front of her man to force a turn over or two. So she would be the only one who would be able to what they did regardless of schedule. And yes they played weak teams but they had a weak team. They saw a box and 1, Triangle and two, and had to play both ends of the floor. Well more so Snow played both ends for the most part. Now the question is could Maggie drag those teams even with the schedule they had? Sorry that would be a no. Now look at the team my friend. They had to shoot. More so Lynnjay Brown then anything, Snow had a half of a player that could help in games but those two was on an island. Had they both had talent around them you would of seen how much of a player they are with the help, and decent coaching. I went to both of their practices and you would of surprised of what they do for practices to prepare for games. That part you have right about the right coaching. Now I do want to say this, just because you go to ursuline, caravel , Sanford, and st. Elizabeth doesn’t make you a better player. To me sometimes that is the perception in the state of Delaware. Just like going to Newark, christiana, and Glasgow will not make less likely to succeed. I just feel the body of work on a night in and night out bases with the talent they have and lead them to where they were made them the better candidates for player of the year. I also hate that the committee will say a younger player will have to wait their turn to get player of the year. If they earned it this year then they earned it regardless of grade. That meant the St. Elizabeth Mayo kid did a solid job as well. And she played both ends of the floor and single handily beat Ursuline herself at st. Elizabeth. Now Ursuline didn’t have their full roster but she did play her butt off. And I will not speak on their AAU coaching. Now also Snow signed a full ride to D2 West Chester University, so she did go D2.. and Lynnjay Brown, Well that another story. But Those girls can play

Real good thing you’re “just a basketball fan” with your analysis of players in Delaware .

Ok- I wanna make sure your telling me the right thing here. Your telling me that the top three of those teams could drag concord or Dickinson to the playoffs if she was on that team. So for example Kendra Warren could drag that team? Sorry no; Sasha Marvel, maybe concord, but she couldn’t hold it that pace for 20 games and not be frustrated? She would not do it at Dickinson; How about the Conrad Kulesza Sisters, well, they would love the more shots they would get. But there not even solid defenders to play both ends of the floor. The second thing is there not great at creating shots for themselves. Sorry they would shoot a lot but without Ni covering up on the defensive end they would not make the play-offs; Then there is Sanford and Lauren Park-lane. She would be the only one I would feel be able to drag any of those teams to the plays offs. She can get her own shot and create for others. She can control the game with her handle and isn’t afraid to attempt to take over the game. Her Defense isn’t that good but she does a solid job of staying in front of her man to force a turn over or two. So she would be the only one who would be able to what they did regardless of schedule. And yes they played weak teams but they had a weak team. They saw a box and 1, Triangle and two, and had to play both ends of the floor. Well more so Snow played both ends for the most part. Now the question is could Maggie drag those teams even with the schedule they had? Sorry that would be a no. Now look at the team my friend. They had to shoot. More so Lynnjay Brown then anything, Snow had a half of a player that could help in games but those two was on an island. Had they both had talent around them you would of seen how much of a player they are with the help, and decent coaching. I went to both of their practices and you would of surprised of what they do for practices to prepare for games. That part you have right about the right coaching. Now I do want to say this, just because you go to ursuline, caravel , Sanford, and st. Elizabeth doesn’t make you a better player. To me sometimes that is the perception in the state of Delaware. Just like going to Newark, christiana, and Glasgow will not make less likely to succeed. I just feel the body of work on a night in and night out bases with the talent they have and lead them to where they were made them the better candidates for player of the year. I also hate that the committee will say a younger player will have to wait their turn to get player of the year. If they earned it this year then they earned it regardless of grade. That meant the St. Elizabeth Mayo kid did a solid job as well. And she played both ends of the floor and single handily beat Ursuline herself at st. Elizabeth. Now Ursuline didn’t have their full roster but she did play her butt off. And I will not speak on their AAU coaching. Now also Snow signed a full ride to D2 West Chester University, so she did go D2.. and Lynnjay Brown, Well that another story. But Those girls can play

Real good thing you’re “just a basketball fan” with your analysis of players in Delaware .

LOL! Well Filmore00, I never said i wasn't a good fan. I support all of them, and want to see all of them represent the 302 in where ever they go. I just want a fair shake for everybody. And sometimes we don't give a fair shake and we are blinded by the history of the school. Ursuline, Sanford, St. Elizabeth, Caravel, Sallies and Padua is a history of being a great program and a great educational system. And they win. But they don't always have the best talent, And they don't always have the best coaching. But they win. The history of a team should never out weigh the talent at that current time. We have a lot of talent in Delaware. Not all is getting the credit and the best isn't being praised.
And full disclosure..I know a lot of the talent in Delaware and some of the upcoming talent

Reactions: moneyballforme
Justabasketballscam.... Padua really? Great program? There basketball team hasn’t been relevant for 20+ years. I think they maybe got to the final 8 about 4-5 years ago. Very few if any all state players. Maybe an honorable mention here or there. A handful of people thought they were turning the corner with the new coach but they also played a weak schedule having dropped Caravel, Conrad, & Sanford from the previous year. Smh. Once again glad you’re only a “fan”

Justabasketballscam.... Padua really? Great program? There basketball team hasn’t been relevant for 20+ years. I think they maybe got to the final 8 about 4-5 years ago. Very few if any all state players. Maybe an honorable mention here or there. A handful of people thought they were turning the corner with the new coach but they also played a weak schedule having dropped Caravel, Conrad, & Sanford from the previous year. Smh. Once again glad you’re only a “fan”

Really!?!?!? out of all of that message you got Padua as the school your gonna pick out of that? instead of hearing the whole message..this is a good example of why the people believe basketball in Delaware is non existent. Well i don't, and maybe some other people should start being a fan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT