ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores

Ok not trolling here

There is absolutely no way Delmar loses to Milford or Woodbridge

Milford laurel was only 7 to 0 at half time this Delmar team has 4 backs that basically scored at will and it was 35 to nothing at half time and it looked to me they sat all their starters in second half. and Laurel still did not score. They have speed everywhere and their defense dominate the line of scrimmage. It was rather lopsided but I figured it be a better game since Laurel kept it close with Milford. I sat on Laurel side and asked a Laurel fan at halftime about the Milford game. They said basically they could not stop bowmen on some big plays. But this Delamar team is legit. Side note it was standing room only I got there at 6:50 and could barely get a seat. Pretty cool to see. Never been down this far to watch a game. Wish it was closer but it was no contest

Isn’t there a chance that MT & Smyrna could end up on the same side of the bracket? Just asking???
Unless Smyrna loses to Sallies and is the four seed it's unlikely. Middletown will get the lowest remaining seed after the first round if they win out. Tournament isn’t bracketed.

Bonus points will help Smyrna severely. They could be anywhere between 2-4 if they win out, if they lose to sallies 4-6. Middletown, Franklin, And Central are bonus point qualifiers for Smyrna

Franklin has been bombing for them.. but they will be 2 seed.. unless they lose to Sallies which I dont think will happen...

Reactions: proudscfan
Slowskys could limp into the tourney at 6-4 and open at Hodgson or SC. Interesting scenario...Hodgson has had their number over the years. I think Hodgson has beaten them 4 times. SC is due for a win against the Slowskys...........but at this pace they aren't getting into the tournament.

Sallies would beat SC and Hodgson . Even with another loss tonight at Westminster they’re still the 3rd best team in DI. Getting done in by a tough schedule . I think they’ll play Smyrna tough but I’m not sure they’ll win.

Gonna be a great match up between Milford’s front and Bowman vs Delmar’s front 7. The 302 game of the week next Friday night. Def have to keep an eye on that game.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Well they will have to get by Milford first and Caravel and Smyrna is not winning it.. You can be Knight fan all you want but Mtown is complete. If 1 player can win D1 Delaware then that pretty much means DE football sucks balls just saying
thats cause it does

Well they will have to get by Milford first and Caravel and Smyrna is not winning it.. You can be Knight fan all you want but Mtown is complete. If 1 player can win D1 Delaware then that pretty much means DE football sucks balls just saying

MTown is winning it.

Reactions: CHS89
This is how I'm thinking the D2 playoffs shake out, and it will come down to that last game between DMA and Conrad.
If DMA wins: 1. DMA 2.Milford 3.Friends 4.Woodbridge 5.A.I. 6.Tower Hill 7. Howard 8. Caravel, however if Conrad wins 1.Milford 2.Friends 3.Woodbridge 4.A.I. 5. Tower Hill 6.DMA 7.Conrad 8.Howard. The actual seedings could change based on a point or two I may have missed, but there is a lot of football left and a couple of upsets would completely change this.
How can you not include Delmar in the mix, it was 7-0 when Milford played laurel at the half, it was 35-0 at the half tonight!!! Come on man....

Trolls are annoying.

Anyway, I really can't believe we could have a D1 playoff without Sallies, I can't remember the last time they missed the tournament.

When was the last time Sals didn’t make the dance? I don’t think it has happened in my Delaware lifetime ( since 2009)

Unless Smyrna loses to Sallies and is the four seed it's unlikely. Middletown will get the lowest remaining seed after the first round if they win out. Tournament isn’t bracketed.

Good point Smyrna would have to be a 4 seed for that to happen..not gonna happen.. MT vs Smyrna in final as it should be

Last edited:
Sallies would beat SC and Hodgson . Even with another loss tonight at Westminster they’re still the 3rd best team in DI. Getting done in by a tough schedule . I think they’ll play Smyrna tough but I’m not sure they’ll win.

I am not sure Sals is better than Central or HVT,, based on what?

Reactions: Jawnsky
FRIDAY'S GAMES
Concord 14
, Appoquinimink 7
Caesar Rodney 46, Brandywine 7
DMA 58, First State Military 20
Dover 42, Polytech 7
Glasgow 40, Christiana 0
Milford 52, Indian River 0
A.I. du Pont 64, McKean 6
Lake Forest 40, Seaford 18
Smyrna 46, Sussex Tech 11
Wilmington Charter 23, Tatnall 12
Westminster (Md.) 30, Salesianum 20
Woodbridge 42, St. Mark’s 0
Delmar 42, Laurel 0
Middletown 56, Newark 6

I am not sure Sals is better than Central or HVT,, based on what?

The more I think about it Sals has a chance to beat Smyrna,, Sals has a good defensive backfield.. They could load the box and force Wilson to beat them (which would be my game plan) This could be a defining game for Wilson and/or Sals Dbacks one on one skills hmm could 7v7 league actually help Sals? Sals will have to play clean and no dirty stuff though.. ball grabbing should be suspended that week IMHO

Last edited:
Sallies SOS puts them ahead of Hodgson for sure. Hodgson doesn’t have a win vs a DI school with a winning record. SC and Sals look to be about even. Sallies 3 losses (Judge, MT and Westminster) are all teams that would beat most everyone in DE with the exception of MT and Smyrna. Maybe not Judge. I watched a little of Westminster on film and I think they could beat anyone in DE including MT and Smyrna. Sallies beat Episcopal Academy who even at 4-3 is a better team than anyone SC or Hodgson have beaten.

All that is mute though . Sallies must beat Smyrna to get a signature win in DE and more importantly get enough points to get in. No excuses either. You need to beat the teams you schedule no matter who they are. We could have a scenario this season where 2 teams (Sallies and Caravel) won’t even make the playoffs in their division and they’re arguably 2 of the better teams competing. Both will have to look no further than the fact that they had fill a schedule with some very tough out of state games.

I’d also factor in that Sallies and Smyrna are the only teams that have given MT a good game (not counting Upper Darby). I believe MT will blow out Hodgson in a few weeks and if given the chance would probably handle SC fairly easily.

Your talking about D1 wins and signature wins and what not it comes down to points.. If HVT has 8 wins and Sals has 6 there are no amount bonus points available to overcome that Sals doesnt have 8 or more BPs coming

If Sals does play Hodgson, I imagine they'd ask the game to be moved to Caravel because of lights and turf. I think Hodgson has full jurisdiction over the site being the higher seed so Sals better get ready for an early kickoff.

5. Sallies 47- 48 - assuming they beat westminster.

well they didnt so they are looking at 42-43 pts

CR and Penn can overtake them and may assuming they lose to Smyrna

Penn : Delcaste, St G and Appo
CR: Central and Dover

In retrospect Sals may be ok and survive 4 loses

It is interesting 4 loses can't get you any where near the D2 play-offs with 8 teams in but 4 loses in D1 can get you in a 6 team tournament ..hmmmmm

Last edited:
Your talking about D1 wins and signature wins and what not it comes down to points.. If HVT has 8 wins and Sals has 6 there are no amount bonus points available to overcome that Sals doesnt have 8 or more BPs coming

You asked why Sals is better than SC and Hodgson. That was my answer . The point system is what it is . I leave the point analysis up to others.

5. Sallies 47- 48 - assuming they beat westminster.

well they didnt so they are looking at 42-43 pts

CR and Penn can overtake them and may assuming they lose to Smyrna

Penn : Delcaste, St G and Appo
CR: Central and Dover

In retrospect Sals may be ok and survive 4 loses

It is interesting 4 loses can't get you any where near the D2 play-offs with 8 teams in but 4 loses in D1 can get you in a 6 team tournament ..hmmmmm
Charter giving the free 6 points to D2 teams I think 5 of the 8 playoff teams where given the points by charter in D2 !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT