ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores

Sallies is really lucky to be in this game 12-0 Lets see if they can adjust but I wouldn't count on that BDN just sticks with the same ole same ole . I guarantee Judy and Marks will adjust.. look for some earth quake and the regular read option.. Not the three back thing Smyrna was trying out

Sals came out in spread and did try to throw it.. but the thing about that is you have to run it regularity to develop a rytym. watch BDN scap it because it didnt work one series lol

Salvo breaks through TD run 12-7 Eagles... willl Smyrna's hardheadedness running the same play on 2pt conversions(which has been stopped this year more than its been made) play a part?

After Sals drops easy pick six then hold Smyrna on downs .. Then punt it to Knight and he houses it.. WTF ,, In Smyrna territory and you dont kick it away from Knight OB?,, thats just dumb..

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
If Sallies and Smyrna are the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the state....... then Middletown will win the championship, with a running clock.

Some UGLY football being played tonight at Baynard
you have a good bunch of boys being coached by an arrogant old ass that thinks he is really a football mind.

Reactions: spartakos
DELAWARE HS FINAL: Sussex Central 21 Caesar Rodney 24

hasenpfeffered!

might still have a chance if DM takes WB out will have to go back to the calculator

Last edited:
Middletown is good but barely beat both Sallies and Smyrna . Let’s face it Delaware football is down . These teams aren’t very good at all . The Newark teams of the 90’s would wipe the field with these jokers.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Wilson and Smyrna dodging bullets all night..dropped pick six, dropped TD pas etc Sals just can't make the play.. Sals shuts down Knight in the run game then Knight breaks a long 61 yd run.. ball game.. 28-7 Smyrna..

Everyone hates on BDN but when the old school offense works, Sal's control the clock and always win. His old school offense worked when I played and it won the Sal's back to back ships 05 and 06. You need TOUGH, HARD NOSED, DISCIPLINED kids with a good RB and Oline for it to work. I believe the Sals lack that this year and he does need to make some slight changes with the offensive schemes. In BDN first year, 2004, we threw the ball 15 to 25 times a game when we had Delledonne at QB with Szerzba and Sabol catching the ball; so he did stray away from his old school offense then but I think it takes A LOT like a D1 QB and/or a D1 WR for him to do so like he did in 04.

Reactions: KeepingIt302
Everyone hates on BDN but when the old school offense works, Sal's control the clock and always win. His old school offense worked when I played and it won the Sal's back to back ships 05 and 06. You need TOUGH, HARD NOSED, DISCIPLINED kids with a good RB and Oline for it to work. I believe the Sals lack that this year and he does need to make some slight changes with the offensive schemes. In BDN first year, 2004, we threw the ball 15 to 25 times a game when we had Delledonne at QB with Szerzba and Sabol catching the ball; so he did stray away from his old school offense then but I think it takes A LOT like a D1 QB and/or a D1 WR for him to do so like he did in 04.

your talking about more than a decade ago.. Wing T and Double Wing work better today than the I .. I is dead and gone.. Like you said I only works when you have a stud FB and RB with a bad ass line..ie..1980's Nebraska

Last edited:
He’s a great coach and a great guy but the game is passing him by . He’s being severely out coached by Smyrna .......again.

Adjust , try something new . Smyrna isn’t that much better than sallies on the field . Coaching wise Smyrna is light years ahead of Sallies .

Yes, special group of gentleman. Brazille could have brought you there as well

FRIDAY'S GAMES
Perkiomen (Pa.) 29
, St. Andrew's 7, F
A.I. du Pont 22, Brandywine 0, F
Caesar Rodney 24, Sussex Central 21, F
Cape Henlopen 50, Dover 36, F
Caravel 30, Glasgow 0, F
Laurel 0, Lake Forest 0
Wilmington Friends 48, Morrisville (Pa.) 0, F
Delaware Military 51, Newark 6, F
Polytech 20, Sussex Tech 14, F
Seaford 20, Red Lion Christian 16, F
Tower Hill 2, Dickinson 0, F
Woodbridge 41, Indian River 0, F
Delmar 35, Milford 10, F
Smyrna 28, Salesianum 7

@ravensrooster2 I agree with you. Although, as a former RB, I did like running out of the I formation. Yet, it did get old quick as I would have enjoyed something different; especially screens or even going out to catch a pass which I never did. Those 2005 and 2006 teams were special years. I believe when Brazill left he was asking for just one more year and then would step down because he saw the young talent we had and wanted to see us as JRs and SRs.

On a side note, has it been over ten years since I graduated? Damn time flies...

Reactions: 84rider
just get him out of there, all together

The Slowskys could have made it competitive but their special teams strategy and execution is perplexing. Having said that Smyrna could have put up 4 more TDs but open receivers were missed. May we were spoiled by Henderson these last couple of years.

It looks like Slowskys will miss the dance. I won't throw dirt on DiNardo yet....maybe Sparty will put this group out of their misery.

Middletown, Penn, Hodgson are still left to play this week, but yes, Sallies is now on the outside looking in. Middletown, Hodgson and Smyrna are vying for the Bye week, so there's spots 1-3. Caesar Rodney's upset win over Central helped them surpass Sallies. So Central has the 4th spot.

Penns easy schedule remaining gets them two easy wins and in the playoffs. That's the 5th spot. So the 6th spot is looking at Caesar Rodney.

Sallies are now Dover fans, as they must beat CR to give sallies any chance for that last seed. One or two more Bonus Points won't hurt either.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Couple of things from the Caravel-Glasgow game:

Caravel isn't very big, but they work HOARD. Defensively, it seemed like they knew what Glasgow was going to do before they even did it. They also have a nice mix-up of RBs, that can wear a team down during tournament time.

Glasgow's quit on the season. Howard will smoke them next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT