ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Scores

not doing that and saying that yes I believe Smyrna could have taken advantage of MT coaches miscues by feeding Knight but they didnt do that.. Maybe they were preparing for the future? Willing to lose the battle but win the war? They know you cant win the D1 ship with one man Take the lumps and try and developE A GOOD team?

Hopefully you're right. Very poor way to start the season.

PS that game goes our way by 2 touchdowns if LB4school stayed

Goes our way by 6 touchdowns if Nolan were still here. I miss him so much ;(

Not as exciting as the Middletown/Smyrna game (would loved to have been there!), but Woodbridge beat Cambridge 37-13. As advertised, lots of talent at the skill positions (Haynes, Brewer, Wescott and Kane), line will have to keep improving to have a chance at making another title run but held up pretty well against a much larger Cambridge line. Too many penalties though.

Hopefully you're right. Very poor way to start the season.

PS that game goes our way by 2 touchdowns if LB4school stayed

Goes our way by 6 touchdowns if Nolan were still here. I miss him so much ;(

Well that is HS football, Kids come and kids go every year but in the end its just a kids game and its just that a game were just spectators . Just like a movie we may not like how it ends but its still a good movie

Last edited:
Reactions: soccer07
Well that is HS football, Kids come and kids go every year but in the end its just a kids game and its just that a game were just spectators . Just like a movie we may not like how it ends but its still a food movie

A food movie? Like a food documentary? Or like something else about food?

In week one, lot's of players and coaches make some bad decisions. They don't know exactly what they have, winning is important, but not at the expense of shattering a guy you may need later in the season.
A tenth string receiver, is pretty far down on the depth chart. This would put him at the bottom of 2, five man spread formations. However, since it appears that this was not a passing situation, he may have put the player who had demonstrated the best hands fielding punts, in practice. The coach, who has coached a team to a State Championship or two, might have thought he was the right guy to have on the field in that situation.
The good news is, coaching staffs are always looking for help, so free to jump on in there.

Based on what I saw, da Igguls might be one sprained ankle away from a .500 season

Don't give me that shit. They made bad calls like maybe they should have ran instead of passed on a given play.

Smyrna's coaches had a brand new QB playing the best team in the state and he happened to also be having an off night and they continued to put the game in his hands by letting him throw. Oh and standing behind him was the best running back in the history of the state if you ask me (I'm biased) who had probably 300 yards. Oh and they put a cold, 10th string player out to field a punt in front of thousands of screaming fans.

Middletown won fair and square and they made their mistakes but you can't compare the coaching.

You lost shut happens get over it you will probably get another shot.

And no offense Knight for 23 carries they did feed him and when you play MY in the playoffs they will have a better plan to stop him so you better that AN ready.

I won't lie. Any coach who knows what they are doing would have noticed that knight couldn't be stopped! But yet you kept it in the hands of the QB who I must say is not what he was hyped up to be. A Division 2 QB, that's what he is. You could tell he was flustered and couldn't handle the noise.

But I will also say, without Knight, Smyrna had nothing. I'm surprised they didn't put it on his hands more often.

HS- this is exactly what people were saying last year with Glasgow. Easy to look good (10-0 vs Nobody). then a decent Caravel shut them down. But give him and the coaches some time-maybe it works out or maybe trophy chasing does not pay off.

Reactions: UDelaware5138
I can't take anything away fro Middletown but Smyrna had a hiccup last night. They could have won by 2 TD's but they didn't. I just don't see the Slowskys being able to contain Knight.

Anyway, congrats to Blum for getting his first head coaching victory in an incredibly high profile game.

Cograts to the Slowskys for not getting any delay of game penalties in today's game.

I had the pleasure f being at the Middletown vs. Smyrna game on Friday night. The atmosphere was one of the best I've ever seen in Delaware... Smyrna side was packed wel before the opening kickoff.
One thing that surprised me was the size, or lack thereof of the Middletown players... Now im above avg in size being 6'6 285, but I didn't see a player that looked over 230 on the team when they walked by me! and that alone impressed me, esp with how their defensive line was able to penetrate at will against a much bigger Smyrna O Line.
Whitehead and fry looked as good as I expected. But Will Knight... he was heads and shoulders better than anyone on the field. I was confused as to why the Smyrna coaches took the ball out of the best player in the states hands! the earthquake formation was WORKING! why stop it? the transfer QB was awful, and they give him the ball late in the game?? Why take the ball out of the best player in the states hands??

Middletown has always lacked in the size department. The bigger line we have had, that I can remember was back in 2012 when they went 12-0. But they have always been quick and always has played wel against bigger lines. Not great, but well enough.

And I couldn't agree more, that was a poor coaching game on Judys part. Unless he figured it was week one, it wasn't going to hurt the team to try and experiment with Wilson. Hopefully he gets better or they will be using the Earthquake more than 90% of the time, and I wouldn't blame them. Until someone can stop it, that's their best offense.

Reactions: youjustme
Playing at Glasgow I don't think Wilson ever saw a defense close to as good as M town's. It's going to take time with him to get used to that offense. Definitely looked flustered. I believe they will figure it out though.

Middletown has always lacked in the size department. The bigger line we have had, that I can remember was back in 2012 when they went 12-0. But they have always been quick and always has played wel against bigger lines. Not great, but well enough.

And I couldn't agree more, that was a poor coaching game on Judys part. Unless he figured it was week one, it wasn't going to hurt the team to try and experiment with Wilson. Hopefully he gets better or they will be using the Earthquake more than 90% of the time, and I wouldn't blame them. Until someone can stop it, that's their best offense.

Will will not carry the load if he Forgets his Inhaler in the Playoff with out Will there is no Smyrna... LB is in PA. It will be a Great Season and it Open for anyone to win this yr. Dont believe Smyrna can 3x in a Row without LB!!!!

Reactions: spartakos
Will will not carry the load if he Forgets his Inhaler in the Playoff with out Will there is no Smyrna... LB is in PA. It will be a Great Season and it Open for anyone to win this yr. Dont believe Smyrna can 3x in a Row without LB!!!!

They won the first one without LB.

Hopefully the kid has better people mentoring him than you. It would be a shame if he ended up like you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT