ADVERTISEMENT

Games Today Thursday April 5, 2018

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Interesting games in the cold today...

Cape @ Mtown. Two of the top teams in the state square off. Cape and Mtown both starting off 3-0. Cape has outscored its opponents (Tech,Laurel,Lake) 25-1. Mtown has outscored its opponents 20-2. Mtowns 3 pitchers Dunn,Walls and Wooten have recorded 23 k's in their dominant pitching performances. Capes pitchers Erickson,Elliott, Gelof have similar amount of K's and have only allowed 3 total hits (all in the first game). Mtown has 3 homers in 3 games by 3 different guys, while Cape has 5 homers just from Elliott and Gelof. Cape won their matchup last year at home 9-0 with Elliott throwing a 1 hitter through 5 innings beating Dunn on the mound. in 2016 Cape beat Mtown 12-4 with Erickson on the mound.

St Marks @ Appo. Another set of top 5 teams, undefeated teams squaring off today. This will be St Marks second game of the day. St Marks enters the game 2-0 with wins over DMA (9-3) and St E (3-2). Appo is 3-0 with wins over Conrad (10-6), Newark (7-2) and Newark Charter (5-0). For Appo, Joey Davis is 2-0, but just pitched on Tuesday. St Marks and Appo have been involved in some great games. Last year in the quarterfinals they battled 9 innings with St Marks winning 2-0. Last year in the regular season was a 2-1 win for Appo with Steckline and Sullivan pitching gems. in 2016 Appo won a 10 inning game 4-3. In 2015 Appo beat St Marks in the quarters 3-1 but the regular season game was won by St Marks 6-5 in 11 innings. In 2014 St Marks won 4-2. Anyone see a trend. If your going, bring a chair, a blanket and maybe plan on being their for extra innings.

St Marks @ Archmere. St Marks hopes to get a win and not expend too much energy before its big game against Appo later in the day. Archmere had a tough start against Concord winning with a late run 5-4.

St E @ Hodgson. St E started with a big win over AI 13-3, but has lost 2 close ones to St Marks and Concord. Hodgson is 4-0 and putting up big runs scoring 46 runs. Defensively they have 2 shutouts against Charter/Delcastle but gave up 11 to CR in a weird game.

RLCA @ Wood.
Glasgow @ Wm Penn. WP looking for its first win.
DMA @ Newark. Both teams looking for their first win.

Caravel Academy vs William Penn Charter (PA)

Caravel has a 2-0 start and are playing a nationally ranked team. Should be interesting.

not according to maxpreps
4/2
7:00p
William Penn Charter (Philadelphia, PA)
Box Score
(W) 4 - 0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
William Penn Charter
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Caravel 0 0 0 2 0 2 - 4 8

The Middletown parents were awful they should be ashamed of their self it was the correct call get over it and The one parent that threatened the umpire should not be allowed to attend anymore games

WPC @ CA postponed (I believe).

Looks like MaxPreps is confusing CA’s win over Buena Regional HS (NJ) by 4-0 score.

Reactions: 84rider
The umpires today were actually hilarious they were that bad !
It’s almost across the board. There are a few really good ones though. Otherwise a good game. Cape’s big three came as advertised. Erickson is dirty. Both Gelof’s are studs and if you want me to I can fish that ball out of the pond for you. It was a bomb. Good luck to Cape. Hope Middletown gets another shot down the road.

It’s almost across the board. There are a few really good ones though. Otherwise a good game. Cape’s big three came as advertised. Erickson is dirty. Both Gelof’s are studs and if you want me to I can fish that ball out of the pond for you. It was a bomb. Good luck to Cape. Hope Middletown gets another shot down the road.

Lol did it go in the pond ? I can’t see worth crap I’m old

Reactions: 84rider
Cape will spank them again.. Pitching just way too strong. .. Please... Whining about calls.. Every game has bad calls.. Smh

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Lol did it go in the pond ? I can’t see worth crap I’m old
Pretty sure. There’s a pond beyond the right field fence. The wind always blows out to right center at Middletown and that one caught the jet stream.

Cape will spank them again.. Pitching just way too strong. .. Please... Whining about calls.. Every game has bad calls.. Smh
Spank who? The game was 4-2. Middletown had their chances throughout the game but couldn’t get the big hit. Two runners picked off bases. One run scored on an easy ground ball to second that took a crazy bounce and went to the outfield. A routine double play ball hit the umpire for umpire interference which results in both runners being safe. Either a balk or illegal pitch wasn’t called. Game ended on an umpire ruling the runner out at first on a fielder’s choice where the runner didn’t slide into second (Which is the correct call). None are excuses. It’s baseball. Can’t complain or make excuses when you only get three hits and have two base running errors. You can’t beat a team like Cape unless you play an almost flawless game and have the ball bounce your way a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT